Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

mtl

31 Jul 2015, 02:27

7bit/bot..

Thank you for the insane job you're doing. The R5 caps arrived today. Sorting all these caps must be a monumental task.

I'm missing the !/1 key for HONEY/STANDARD/BLACK. Can you send it, or do I need to find someone who received an extra one in the aftermarket thread? The kit is also missing its 1.25u FUN.

The HONEY/STANDARD/BLACK kit came with an extra Q. Let me know if you want me to send it to you (or whoever purchased it).

The HONEY/TENKLESS kit has a bonus 2u grey SHIFT, which I don't think should have come with it. Also, the stepped CAPS LOCK, 1u CTRL, and 1.25u CONTROL keys come with duplicates in a subtly different font. But.. you probably know that already. ;-)

Let me know if you need any of this stuff back, and what I can do to get the black !/1 key. Thanks!

sqapy

31 Jul 2015, 09:57

Is 7bot alive, did anyone get any email?

SL89

31 Jul 2015, 14:37

I've gotten updated invoices (still no Colrak kit tho :/)

Muirium
µ

31 Jul 2015, 15:07

7bit wrote: I will go on vacation tomorrow (but leave the bot behind) for about 10 days. So, this is your chance to do the same.
:cool:

justcallmecrash

31 Jul 2015, 15:27

SL89 wrote: I've gotten updated invoices (still no Colrak kit tho :/)
I know 7bit is on vacation, but if you send a DM to 7bit instead of 7bot, you can usually get a good response. Convesely, if you find that there are no more COLRAK kits, order a DVORAK kit and I'll trade you. I don't actually need the additional Colmak keys, but I didn't see the Dvorak-only kit until after I'd paid for the COLRAK.

SL89

31 Jul 2015, 16:56

justcallmecrash wrote:
SL89 wrote: I've gotten updated invoices (still no Colrak kit tho :/)
I know 7bit is on vacation, but if you send a DM to 7bit instead of 7bot, you can usually get a good response. Convesely, if you find that there are no more COLRAK kits, order a DVORAK kit and I'll trade you. I don't actually need the additional Colmak keys, but I didn't see the Dvorak-only kit until after I'd paid for the COLRAK.
Sounds good, I want to try both out, and totally spaced. I knew there was one kit was flaking on, but was in stock (for a while at least.)

I have yet to get into the 2nd part of my R5 order, despite finally getting home. I will do so today.

Elrick

01 Aug 2015, 02:22

Glad everyone's getting their key-caps already. Hoping mine might come to my address here in Convict Town before Christmas 2015 but thus far, it looks like a distant mirage on some dry landscape :( .

With my luck, bet I won't see anything till February 2016........ if anything at all :-| .

Supergeek

01 Aug 2015, 04:16

Just got my keys today and put them on my QFR with browns. This is my first SA set. The stems are so tall, putting them on is a lot more scary than DSA caps.

But oh man, the feel of these caps. So solid compared to anything else I have! They have substance! I can already feel an improvement in my typing speed. I am going to have to get rid of my DSA Dolch and Granite and try to trade up to at least one more set of SA.

drrtyrokka

01 Aug 2015, 11:28

OMG the caps arrived! They look and feel fantastic! Pics will follow!
(Just the space bars stick a bit, probably bend a little. Cherry stabs problems... )

Muirium
µ

01 Aug 2015, 13:02

What board are they binding on? They work a treat on my Cherry stabbed G80-3000. Once you check polarity!

drrtyrokka

01 Aug 2015, 13:18

Polarity is right, otherwise it won't fit at all. It's a ducky shine iii. Some bending in boiled water normally does the trick, as the iso enter in granite needed.

Muirium
µ

01 Aug 2015, 13:20

Blech! I've never had to do that to a cap. And I even had SA on a Shine 3 for a while.

Supergeek

01 Aug 2015, 14:20

Quick photo of my keyboard with the new caps.

I wish I had the missing blue mods! At least caps lock. I got the white space bar too, I'll probably swap that in soon. Blue cursors would be nice as well. I have a lot of extras; I had originally planned to use these on a TEK, but I've since stopped using it and went back to TKL at all my workstations.

So what was the deal with 1/x bags? I got one. Crappy photo, though.

justcallmecrash

01 Aug 2015, 15:08

Man... these caps are so pretty I'm considering throwing in for a standard 104-key set, even though I only ever type on my Ergodox boards.
It's pretty rare that I want something so irrationally. Must. Resist. Must. Remember. Mortgage.
:p

Muirium
µ

01 Aug 2015, 15:11

Whatever you do, keep away from this thread…

http://deskthority.net/photos-f62/round ... 10938.html

…or maybe life is better when living in a rented garage, than being cosy in a house without Round 5?

yobinad
\m/

01 Aug 2015, 21:57

Can i still order round 5a ?

Muirium
µ

01 Aug 2015, 22:00

Yes.

Just don't expect it to ship any time soon. Still early days, in 7bit time…

blighty

03 Aug 2015, 21:56

Got my set today, mounted it. All was well besides the 1.25 R2 "|\" key is missing its stem. Should we post about these minor glitches here or pm?

Oh, and here's a potato pic:
R5 black with R5 Red Function highlights..
R5 black with R5 Red Function highlights..
r5lsv2.jpg (106.64 KiB) Viewed 5094 times
There are some profile irregularities due to my layout, but it more than works for me. The Red function kit had the correct profile i needed for 'delete, and the R2 "|\" key's absence was lessened by the R2 'TRANSMIT" key.

Thanks again, 7bit!

xorian

03 Aug 2015, 22:04

Hi, I'm new here. I put in an order for Round5a, but I have a few questions that don't seem to be covered by the FAQ:
  1. The invoice e-mail I received said to pay in full within 7 days, but the thread title here says the 50% payment deadline is August 15th. Which one is correct?
  2. If the thread title is correct, when is full payment due?
  3. I also ordered some Round 5 leftovers. Can I get those shipped now rather than waiting for Round 5a production (which I'm assuming will take quite a while)? Should I just PM 7bit about this?
  4. The extra shipping services (SHIPINSURED and SHIPTRACKED) are requests I should make to 7bot, like ordering items, correct?
I apologize if these have been answered above, but I didn't manage to find answers when searching. Thanks.

whitecitadel

03 Aug 2015, 22:16

1. pay 50% would be my suggestion
2. At some deadline in the future...
3. Not sure is that really not in the FAQ? its probably in the thread, but...
4. Correct - you can also use PAYPAL and other options as if ordering

xorian

03 Aug 2015, 22:24

The exact text in the FAQ, which I was unsure about, is:
If you want combined shipping with Round 5 leftovers, just order the HONEYB kit, be sending a pm to 7bot:
HONEYB
I'm not sure whether that means that I have to specifically request combined shipping by requesting "HONEYB" from the bot like a kit or that I will get combined shipping because I ordered kits that start with "HONEYB".

Halvar

03 Aug 2015, 22:29

xorian wrote: Hi, I'm new here. I put in an order for Round5a, but I have a few questions that don't seem to be covered by the FAQ...
Welcome to Cap Madness!

1) The thread title is correct. The invoices will always tell you to pay within 7 days. If this bothers you, you can ask the bot to send a new invoice after 6 days, and the new invoice will tell to pay within 7 days again ... ;) That said, if you can pay early, please do. It seems like the botbit always needs some upfront money for various stuff, like investing in switches, grab boxes or other things...
2) The final due date is totally unclear right now. Shortly before the order goes out to SP. As the wiki puts it: "Production is not yet scheduled. "
3) Yes and yes.
4) Yes

Yes, the thread has become a bit cluttered. BTW, my only qualification to answer these questions is that I followed this thread from the beginning. ;)
Last edited by Halvar on 03 Aug 2015, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.

Halvar

03 Aug 2015, 22:33

xorian wrote: I'm not sure whether that means that I have to specifically request combined shipping by requesting "HONEYB" from the bot like a kit or that I will get combined shipping because I ordered kits that start with "HONEYB".
My understanding was that you don't want combined shipping but rather separate shipping. To have that, don't order "HONEYB". Yes, that is a separate command to the bot. Sets starting with "HONEYB" are a different thing. No idea why it's called that...

helveticaman

03 Aug 2015, 23:59

I think it's:

Round 5 = HONEY
Round 5a = HONEYB

Did I get that right?

Muirium
µ

04 Aug 2015, 00:47

I believe so. Horrible, horrible naming!

SL89

04 Aug 2015, 01:35

Finally got to go through the 2nd package, it looks like everything is there, and i got 1 of the #1 packs. I still need to do a key by key inventory, and get a picture of the #1 pack, but either way, thanks again to 7bit, who secret squirreled me the package when i was worried about it.

t8c

04 Aug 2015, 09:19

Hey i managed to give the wrong email to the bot. I now sent the correct email. will this be corrected now or do i need to do something else?

whitecitadel

04 Aug 2015, 09:51

See what the bot replies when he comes back online, he can wander off when 7bit is not around I noticed. If you send the order twice you may get two of everything, so watch out for that ;-)

Halvar

04 Aug 2015, 09:54

whitecitadel wrote: If you send the order twice you may get two of everything, so watch out for that ;-)
No no, that can't happen. You just overwrite your old order with the new one.

whitecitadel

04 Aug 2015, 10:17

Halvar wrote: No no, that can't happen. You just overwrite your old order with the new one.
I think you would need to CLEARALL for that to happen?

Return to “Group buys”