July 29th Windows 10!

Madhias
BS TORPE

07 Oct 2015, 09:04

SL89 wrote: That being said MS just dropped this: https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us ... rface-book

Even Mr.Mu can probably get behind that shiny new toy.
Actually I really like this one, great display and the performance-size ratio is nice! What is even better than the iPad Pro (if it is comparable at all) that it is a desktop replacement unit, and not equipped with a mobile OS. I do think that slowly the MS approach of having one OS will be really good. I could imagine to replace with such unit my desktop, my notebook and my tablet computer.

Topre Enthusiast

07 Oct 2015, 09:12

Having the GPU in the keyboard is interesting. Admittedly haven't read much about it but I wonder if that could mean future graphics card upgrade via way of snapping in a new keyboard?

Madhias
BS TORPE

07 Oct 2015, 09:17

GPU in the keyboard, imagine this: a Beamspring keyboard equipped with a Geforce or Radeon card :)

Topre Enthusiast

07 Oct 2015, 09:31

Lol that would be one of the only keyboards big enough to fit a desktop sized dual-slot graphics card, I suppose.

andrewjoy

07 Oct 2015, 11:44

And the high voltage transformer to run the AMD cards :P

Muirium
µ

07 Oct 2015, 12:23

Don't AMD and Nvidia cards run off the same "PCI power cables"?

Anyway, you'd have better luck building a whole PC inside a Beamspring case, if that's the look you're going for! I suggest the Displaywriter, as it has so much empty space up top. You could fit a 3.5" drive or two for sure…

andrewjoy

07 Oct 2015, 12:40

They do , but they draw insane amounts of power for the same performance as the equivalent nvidia card

Muirium
µ

07 Oct 2015, 17:47

My Sapphire Radeon 7850HD is easily the most efficient graphics card I ever had. Never a pip of noise out of it back when I had it in a PC and did run games cranked to max. And not a whisper as it handles OS X at 4k either. The Sapphire tweak utility that came with it let me slam the fans up to max power and it was definitely audible then! But actual use never needed it.

Meanwhile, my gamer pal's high end Nvidia is the loudest bastard in his whole computer. Loves to wind up its fans in pulses, because that's just what you want to hear during tense moments… whush… whush… whooooosh. He only uses it at 1080p, the limit of his projector.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

07 Oct 2015, 17:54

Yeah I`ve been using AMD cards for years now. Kept getting better and better in efficiency. Supposedly the little Radeon R9 Nano card is the next wonder in performance.

andrewjoy

07 Oct 2015, 17:55

I will admit that is a good little card.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

07 Oct 2015, 17:56

andrewjoy wrote: I will admit that is a good little card.
Small card, big pricetag. At least at the moment.

Return to “Off-topic”