Apple Adjustable keyboard

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

10 Oct 2015, 13:09

Some days ago I got a Apple Adjustable keyboard, here some pictures.

Sad that no wrist rest was included.

The switches are not really clicky, but very tactile.
Every switch has a membran over them, I think that makes them spill proof.

Sadly not Alps compatible.

Findecanor

10 Oct 2015, 13:23

I hadn't seen a protective membrane before. Are they on individual switches are is it a sheet on each keyboard half?
If the latter, then I'd think that it would be just as much for protecting the underlying PCB as for protecting the switches.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

10 Oct 2015, 13:34

Its a sheet on every half of the keyboard, the edges of the membran are not visible they are inside the case.

Chyros

10 Oct 2015, 13:41

Alps SKFS are a rare instance of a non-Alps compatible Alps switch, yeah. It also makes sense that they're only very faintly clicky, because Apple has always used non-clicky or even dampened switches; they obviously didn't like noisy switches (arguably a strange choice to go with Alps then xD). Never seen that membrane before though! Nice board :) .

HzFaq

10 Oct 2015, 14:48

I think those membranes are only on the columns to the left and right of the split, I remember seeing them when I cleaned one out a few months back.

Probably one of my favourite keyboards, I'd have loads if they didn't have such shitty switches!

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

10 Oct 2015, 16:08

Not Alps compatible. :P Those are Alps, but I get what you mean. I really like the Apple adjustable, a really individual and quite configurable little keyboard.

scottc

10 Oct 2015, 16:14

I'm a big fan of mine also, despite not getting it working... Yet! I got a cheap converter on eBay that I'll get in a couple of weeks. Can't wait! In a way I'm glad the switches are unimpressive... Otherwise they'd be much more popular and is never have gotten my hands on one. :P MX5000, anyone?

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

10 Oct 2015, 16:40

scottc wrote: I'm a big fan of mine also, despite not getting it working... Yet! I got a cheap converter on eBay that I'll get in a couple of weeks. Can't wait! In a way I'm glad the switches are unimpressive... Otherwise they'd be much more popular and is never have gotten my hands on one. :P MX5000, anyone?
To get a MX5000 is also one of my dreams :)
I use a converter based on a teensy that I build some months ago.

scottc

10 Oct 2015, 16:41

Nice converter! It's very SNES-chic. :D I tried building a converter myself but I think the Pro Micros I was using were just borked somehow.

Return to “Gallery”