yab8433408's Cherry Switches

Parak

27 Dec 2012, 16:12

Here's an apparent M8 with an LED for reference if needed:

brdrgz

04 Jan 2013, 17:52

ripster wrote:
ripster wrote:Wow, that's impressive.

Can I use your pics in the Geekhack Wiki?
yab8433408 wrote:是李哥吗 啊啊啊啊
Google Translate wrote: Lee brother ah ah ah ah

I'm going to assume that's a yes. Ideally these pics should ALL be leached automatically into the DT Wiki where we could pick an choose what to use. Good job for a Deskthority.net administrator. Busy Moderators are Happy Moderators.

Also bumping to remind me to take those spring comparison pics.

BroDragon makes me so mad. Competing with me for #1 and all.
I think 啊啊啊啊 or "ah ah ah ah" means something like "sure sure go ahead". Warning : This information is based solely on my experience watching chinese movies. They usually make a forward hand-waving motion to accompany this phrase.

Daniel Beardsmore

08 Jan 2013, 21:41

OK, I've amended this list on the wiki:

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Cherry_MX#Variants

… to cover what I consider to be clearly distinguishable switches from yab8433408's photos, as follows:

Picture 1 (2.jpg)

0. [wiki]Cherry MX Black[/wiki]
1. [wiki]Cherry MX Red[/wiki]
2. [wiki]Cherry MX Blue[/wiki]
3. Cherry MX Blue variant?
4. Cherry MX Blue variant?
5. Cherry MX Blue variant?
6. [wiki]Cherry MX Brown[/wiki]
7. Cherry MX Brown variant?
8. [wiki]Cherry MX Green[/wiki]
9. [wiki]Cherry MX Clear[/wiki]
A. It's grey
B. It's grey

Picture 2 (3.jpg)

0. Unknown; listing as "Cherry MX Translucent"
1. [wiki]Cherry MX Lock[/wiki]
2. [wiki]Cherry MX White[/wiki] (vintage variant)
3. [wiki]Cherry MX White[/wiki] (100% white variant)
4. Cherry MX Orange (unknown keycap mount)
5. Unknown; listing as "Cherry MX Yellow (this appears to be a real yellow switch, not a fake)
6. Unknown; listing as "Cherry MX Pale Grey"
7. Unknown; listing as "Cherry MX Click Grey"
8. Unknown; listing as "Cherry MX-M8 Adapter" (supports shorter Cherry M8 keycap stems)
9. Unknown; treating as a colour variant of Cherry MX-M8 Adapter until we can confirm spring tension (both are linear)
A. Unknown; listing as "Cherry MX Alps Click" (Z mount slider for Alps keycaps)
B. Unknown; listing as "Cherry MX Alps Linear" (Z mount slider for Alps keycaps)

This way, all the people who don't see this topic at least can see from the wiki that the switches did exist.

Anyone who has sufficiently old catalogues is welcome to fill in product codes — I presume they're all MX1A-xxxx, which means that there are Cherry MX switches that are not Cherry MX compatible. I will at some point throw up some stub pages with links back to yab8433408's photos just so that we have something. When you throw in the complete confusion that is the non-MX switches, Cherry is almost as annoying as Alps.

Daniel Beardsmore

30 May 2013, 02:18

Parak wrote:Here's an apparent M8 with an LED for reference if needed: …
… which we now believe is an M9, albeit a crazy stem version :)

Filed under: necroposting for great justice

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

02 Nov 2015, 22:32

Speaking of necroposting: I am collecting Cherry switches too and I've noticed that there seems to be missing entries in the wiki. For example, the MX Yellow page does not have a picture. I could take a picture and upload it myself if it is necessary. Otherwise could I add the pics from OP to the wiki?

terrycherry

03 Nov 2015, 19:21

歡迎! 利害,收集這麼多cherry軸體,連Cherry MX Alps Linear也有,有多個賣我嗎?(怎麼你上的圖好像在某tb賣家看過的...)
正如樓上回覆的玩家所述的M5~M8外,還有更稀有的電容式cherry...某些型號就是紙上談兵,還沒被發現有實物.
國產和台產的類cherry你不去收集嗎? 我下年頭會強烈收集這些非常難收集且沒有確實名稱的類cherry軸體

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

03 Nov 2015, 19:28

Blaise170 wrote: Speaking of necroposting: I am collecting Cherry switches too and I've noticed that there seems to be missing entries in the wiki. For example, the MX Yellow page does not have a picture. I could take a picture and upload it myself if it is necessary. Otherwise could I add the pics from OP to the wiki?
Either way, do so please.
terrycherry wrote: 歡迎! 利害,收集這麼多cherry軸體,連Cherry MX Alps Linear也有,有多個賣我嗎?(怎麼你上的圖好像在某tb賣家看過的...)
正如樓上回覆的玩家所述的M5~M8外,還有更稀有的電容式cherry...某些型號就是紙上談兵,還沒被發現有實物.
國產和台產的類cherry你不去收集嗎? 我下年頭會強烈收集這些非常難收集且沒有確實名稱的類cherry軸體
Errr...keep it english please terrycherry.

Return to “Gallery”