Deskthority Secret Santa 2015

JanitorJoe

24 Nov 2015, 12:33

Also confirming that my gift was shipped off sometime between today and the 8th.

HzFaq

24 Nov 2015, 19:39

My gift came today :D.

When are we opening?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

24 Nov 2015, 19:41

Today!

Muirium
µ

24 Nov 2015, 19:45

Absolutely!

If we all did it at the same time, everyone would be stunned and dismayed by the Type Heaven of Legend… again…

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

24 Nov 2015, 19:48

I still think we should all open on the same day. Christmas is one month to go kids!

gogusrl

24 Nov 2015, 19:53

On the internet no one really knows when you opened your secret santa present.

As long as you edit the exif data

or use imgur as they do it by default

insert dog on the internet meme

matt3o
-[°_°]-

24 Nov 2015, 19:58

gogusrl wrote: insert dog on the internet meme

seebart

24 Nov 2015, 19:59

gogusrl wrote: On the internet no one really knows when you opened your secret santa present.

As long as you edit the exif data

or use imgur as they do it by default

insert dog on the internet meme
nTsWW.jpg
nTsWW.jpg (126.67 KiB) Viewed 5912 times

Muirium
µ

24 Nov 2015, 19:59

Like I said before: I ain't taking a surprise package through airport security! If mine comes here, I'm opening it here, before I leave for America. I'm not taking a cavity search for an SP crapbag!

seebart

24 Nov 2015, 20:01

So you know you're getting a " SP crapbag" ? :lol:

Muirium
µ

24 Nov 2015, 20:02

The bot ran this thing. It's only reasonable to operate based on that assumption!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

24 Nov 2015, 20:02

seebart wrote: So you know you're getting a " SP crapbag" ? :lol:
... or a cavity search
Last edited by matt3o on 24 Nov 2015, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

24 Nov 2015, 20:03

gogusrl

24 Nov 2015, 20:04

Damn it, that's the second Dune reference I bump into in the last 10 mins.

A friend of mine been telling me that the 2 books after Chapterhouse are not that bad and offer closure to the whole Golden Path thingie and I was just telling him I decided to give them a shot (been holding out on those for like 10 years).

matt3o
-[°_°]-

24 Nov 2015, 20:04

Muirium wrote: It's both or nothing!
you never know, you might like it (the crapbag, what were you thinking?!)

HzFaq

25 Nov 2015, 10:38

gogusrl wrote: Damn it, that's the second Dune reference I bump into in the last 10 mins.

A friend of mine been telling me that the 2 books after Chapterhouse are not that bad and offer closure to the whole Golden Path thingie and I was just telling him I decided to give them a shot (been holding out on those for like 10 years).
Spoiler:
I've been wanting to go a bit deeper into the Dune universe (Duniverse?) since I read the first one a few years back, heard lots of mixed things about it though so I'm probably going to give it a miss for the time being.

Anywho, I had a little peek in the box and there was some sweeties loose and a present wrapped up at the bottom, I'm going to take the sweeties for now and save the present until December. If no one does it before, I'll make the picture thread when I'm back at home tonight.

Thanks Santa, I'm filling up on German sweeties today and I still have something to look forward to closer to Crimble :D.

andrewjoy

25 Nov 2015, 11:33

matt3o wrote:
gogusrl wrote: insert dog on the internet meme
That looks a bit like an acer switch keyboard.

Dog does not have that bad of a taste.

EDIT

And my santa gift is on the way.

HzFaq

25 Nov 2015, 23:36

lolpes

27 Nov 2015, 15:47

I have not shipped my gift yet, it will be shipped next week, I am in a bit of a struggle right now (financialy and academicaly) so I have to solve these problems before I can go and send my gift, so if my giftee finds it strange that the gift hasn't arrived, please be patient, it will come :)

HzFaq

27 Nov 2015, 15:52

I'm hoping to get mine out next week also.

Muirium
µ

28 Nov 2015, 11:13

sethk seems to have vanished, or become untrustworthy or something. Read for yourselves…
gogusrl wrote: I think the dude was on the secret santa list as well, someone is gonna be disappointed.
Any chance we can exclude him by re-routing his santa to his giftee?

Edit: I might be over reacting. Can someone with knowledge of the situation describe what's up with him? Just looking at GH sends me to the Ibruprofen…

Whatever the situation may be, we need clarification fast. Don't want to exclude him unnecessarily. But don't want someone getting the surprise gift of Jack Shit either!

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

28 Nov 2015, 11:46

After browsing through the gh thread, I agree with gogusrl, sethk's giftee will most likely end up with an empty sock.

Muirium
µ

28 Nov 2015, 11:48

Strange. Whenever I see a GH thread, I start to notice familiar avatars and usernames, for the first few seconds before I have to go lie down.

How about those of you who are involved on that thread directly? Should we divert around him if it's not already too late?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

28 Nov 2015, 12:18

you can't fuck with Secret Santa, or Santa fuck your secret parts.

Muirium
µ

28 Nov 2015, 13:01

Nuum

28 Nov 2015, 18:31

My Secret Santa gift arrived today! Of course I haven't opened it, I just wanted my Canadian Santa to know that it arrived safely.

Muirium
µ

30 Nov 2015, 10:24

So have we excluded Sethk yet? Really does look like he's a thief. If we don't act, he gets a free present to add to all his loot, and someone else here gets ripped off.

Ho Ho Ho!

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

01 Dec 2015, 20:57

My gift arrived today! It is a keyboard shaped box. Don't know how long I'll be able to hold :D

HzFaq

01 Dec 2015, 20:59

Spikebolt wrote: My gift arrived today! It is a keyboard shaped box. Don't know how long I'll be able to hold :D
Go here, do the opening thing :D.

http://deskthority.net/photos-f62/secre ... ml#p268052

I'm doing mine a bit later on, 1st December is close enough to Christmas for me :D!

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

01 Dec 2015, 21:23

Muirium wrote: So have we excluded Sethk yet? Really does look like he's a thief.
My impression from a GH thread is that he's not so much a thief, as biting off more than he can chew. He seems to be focusing on completing a current project before making new shipments.

I'm not confident that he is able to ship a Secret Santa item for a Dec 25th arrival unless he comes here and says otherwise. We can discuss his intents in another thread but from what I've seen he's swamped.

Return to “Off-topic”