Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

pabile

17 Nov 2015, 13:23

is this a keeper? how much would you value such?
custom monterey kb110(?) http://imgur.com/a/C661d

Muirium
µ

17 Nov 2015, 13:26

The caps are horrible, and it doesn't have sweet blue Monterey switches. So not much.

If I remember, I paid about €30 including shipping last year for my NIB Monterey KB110.
(Pictured with MX caps adapters. The stock caps are NIB, but even then they're not up to much.)

Halvar

17 Nov 2015, 13:35

Beige (dampened tactile) Alps switches in a very nice compact layout. Or are they beige? Or white (clicky) and poorly illuminated? The keyboard itself is unfortunately very yellowed.

Beige Alps aren't too popular, but not bad either. I'd say around 20 € maybe.

pabile

17 Nov 2015, 14:18

Muirium wrote: The caps are horrible, and it doesn't have sweet blue Monterey switches. So not much.

If I remember, I paid about €30 including shipping last year for my NIB Monterey KB110.
(Pictured with MX caps adapters. The stock caps are NIB, but even then they're not up to much.)
wow! :shock: can i buy it for €35 :lol:
Halvar wrote: Beige (dampened tactile) Alps switches in a very nice compact layout. Or are they beige? Or white (clicky) and poorly illuminated? The keyboard itself is unfortunately very yellowed.

Beige Alps aren't too popular, but not bad either. I'd say around 20 € maybe.
hi Halvar, it looks beige but i believe it is white and is very clicky. sounds and feels like acer switch but is louder and more scratchy, if i may say (could be dirt though). thanks for the input and sorry for the quality.

Geroximo

19 Nov 2015, 00:27

Hi,
I have a G80-1000 HFD with vintage MX blues and ABS Doubleshots without any shine. Looking almost like new.
What is it worth? Not sure if I should sell it on a forum or just sell it on ebay.
pic is from the wiki, but mine is looking exactly the same.

Peter of A.

19 Nov 2015, 22:07

Hi there,

first post here, I hope I'm in the right section. Well, if not, I'll move my post.

So, I bought 2 vintage Apple keyboards, thinking they were AEK I and AEK II (the pictures in the ad' were really crappy). But they seem a bit smaller. Like SSK AEK ?

So, here is the first one, which I tough was the AEK I

It's pretty clean

With (salmon ?) ALPS ?

It's really nice to type on. But I miss the arrow keys :s I might keep this one if I find a way to convert it to USB or something.

---

And here is the second one, which I tough was a AEK II

I don't even know what are those, but they seem kinda waterproof/dustproof. They feel way nicer than rubber dome, but I'm still kinda noob in the keyboard game.

It's a bit dirtier than the first one, but still really clean for a keyboard that old ! Nothing a good clean couldn't remove.

So, what are those ? Do they worth something to someone ? Or should I clean them, and hang them on the wall ? (because they are kinda nice)

Both are ISO UK (I think. Layout is kinda weird) And I still have both cables.

scottc

19 Nov 2015, 22:17

Welcome, Peter! The first one looks like an Apple Standard keyboard to me, probably an M0116:
http://deskthority.net/wiki/Apple_Standard_Keyboard

Now that I think of it, that model number is in one of your pictures!

I'm not sure what it's worth but if you don't want it, I'm sure you could sell it on. It's an interesting little board. Depending on price, I might be interested!

The second one is an Apple Keyboard 2 (as per the label!) with Mitsumi buckling rubber sleeve switches. http://deskthority.net/wiki/Apple_Keyboard_II
Not worth much at all, but nice to look at!

Muirium
µ

19 Nov 2015, 22:20

Indeed. The labels tell the truth!

The first one is an Apple Standard Keyboard M0116:
http://deskthority.net/wiki/Apple_Standard_Keyboard

The second is an Apple Keyboard II M0487:
http://deskthority.net/wiki/Apple_Keyboard_II

The first one's the better board. The Apple Extended Keyboard I's little brother, essentially, with just as nice Alps switches. Sweet wee thing. If you're cunning: you can make a navigation block out of the numpad with a bit of crafty remapping.

scottc

19 Nov 2015, 22:21

Shame I went and dug through the wiki before taking the time to check the pictures for model numbers! These little Alps Apple boards are quite handsome. Maybe I'll have to pick some up soon.

Peter of A.

19 Nov 2015, 22:30

Thanks a lot both of you !
I eventually found them myself in the wiki (awesome wiki by the way !) while you were replying here.
Thanks a lot for your input.
I haven't decided yet what I'll do with them, but if I decide to sell the early model, I'll drop you a pm first (I'm in EU/Belgium by the way).

photekq
Cherry Picker

19 Nov 2015, 22:30

Geroximo wrote: Hi,
I have a G80-1000 HFD with vintage MX blues and ABS Doubleshots without any shine. Looking almost like new.
What is it worth? Not sure if I should sell it on a forum or just sell it on ebay.
50-75EUR is a reasonable price. Those vintage blues are very, very nice.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

19 Nov 2015, 22:48

Geroximo wrote: Hi,
If you want to sell it, I would be interested in buying just the PCB, and maybe the switches depending on the price.

rddm

28 Nov 2015, 03:20

Hello, I got a keycaps set from TA Royal Beta 8050. They are dirty but in good shape, I think.
Album:http://imgur.com/a/seOx9
Just wondering how much they worth
Clean:
Spoiler:

zzq

03 Dec 2015, 20:07

Hi, I got a keyboard few days ago. This is a Cherry Ergoplus G80-5000 keyboard. It looks like this Image but my one is german and it have qwertz type and keycaps words in germany. Now I can't show you exactly my keyboard because it's in parts, I'm cleaning it, maybe tomorrow or just later I'll post here my keyboard. It also have a rest of red paint on left space arrow (why only left? keep reading). Every switch is cherry mx brown without 3 left keys wchich are black. Everything works perfectly like in new keyboard. It have a DIN plug. As I know this keyboard is so expensive but my one doesn't have an enter keycap and right space, it have switches but only no keycaps. So how much is my keyboard worth? Maybe if you want to say this after looking at real photos you can say that and I'll wait. Thanks :)
Last edited by zzq on 03 Dec 2015, 20:42, edited 1 time in total.

gogusrl

03 Dec 2015, 20:10

Poland strikes again. 2 missing keycaps you say ? I'd say about three fiddy :)

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

03 Dec 2015, 20:12

The two windows and the menu key have "super black" switches, an ISO return isn't hard to come by, the 1.75 right shift is a little trickier but still not overly rare. Before photekq gives you a price check, you need to post pictures though.

Somewhere in the 200-250 region would be my guess, that is if the space bar can be restored. Those aren't replaceable.

zzq

03 Dec 2015, 20:20

But I don't know where I could find those keycaps. I'll post pictures as soon as it's possible.

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

03 Dec 2015, 20:24

Just make a WTB thread here (and maybe ask kbdfr).

zzq

03 Dec 2015, 20:27

And it's worth? I mean that I'm in Poland so there can be a huge cost of shipping it to me.

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

03 Dec 2015, 20:31

The return shouldn't be more than a couple of €, no clue about the right shift. Shipping keycaps usually isn't expensive when shipped in a padded envelope.

scottc

03 Dec 2015, 20:33

Ouch, if the spacebar is broken it's a bit hopeless since those aren't replaceable. :( Not sure about the worth there, but probably still a reasonable amount.

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

03 Dec 2015, 20:35

Wait wut, I thought it said right shift, not right space.. that sucks.

photekq
Cherry Picker

03 Dec 2015, 20:36

Yeah, pics please!

If it's missing the right spacebar and the left one has paint on it I'm thinking below 200EUR.. Certainly below tree fiddy even if it were NIB :lol:

gogusrl

03 Dec 2015, 21:21

that doesn't mean what you think it means

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

03 Dec 2015, 21:26

I'd estimate the odds of photekq not knowing it below my wpm on a datahand.

photekq
Cherry Picker

03 Dec 2015, 21:28

gogusrl wrote: that doesn't mean what you think it means
I do know what it means.. I watched that episode when I was about 10 years old, and have watched it about 50 times since :mrgreen:

zzq

03 Dec 2015, 22:47

Ok, so here you are:
Spoiler:
Rest of red paint on left spacebar:
with availibe keycaps
So, there's any chance for me to be so rich? :lol:

photekq
Cherry Picker

03 Dec 2015, 22:53

I know this might sound a bit over the top, but I'm going to say it's not worth a hell of a lot more than the vintage browns and remaining keycaps until you can find another spacebar :oops:

zzq

03 Dec 2015, 22:55

But how much it's worth without spacebar?
As you said below 200€?

photekq
Cherry Picker

03 Dec 2015, 23:18

zzq wrote: But how much it's worth without spacebar?
As you said below 200€?
Really, I think somewhere around 100-125EUR. It's pretty useless as a keyboard without that spacebar. It's a very, very hard key to replace properly.

Return to “Marketplace Help”