Qtronix libre 90 trackball

ShivaYash

16 Jun 2015, 23:44

Seems very cheap. Can't see much information online. Is it Mac compatible?

Any reviews?

ShivaYash

26 Jun 2015, 09:06

I got this today and it doesn't seem to work on my Mac...! Any ideas?

ShivaYash

26 Jun 2015, 14:24

OK, so I realise this is not a popular thread, however it was a case of the blue cube PS/2 adapter not working on the Libre 90. Today I got a Belkin USB dual PS/2 adapter and immediately the trackball jumped into life.

Just a few things now, is there a programme similar to Karabiner, for pointing devices?

I am unable to scroll on this device, but other than that, for the £5.80 that I paid, including postage! I am delighted. It metal rollers and as far as trackballs go, (this is my first) I am happy with its looks. Its well made and feels nice. The ball itself makes a nice reassuring sound when moving, and the Mac preferences let me tweak some things, but not control the buttons. This device has three buttons.

With best,
Yours hopefully ;-)
Shiva

ShivaYash

26 Jun 2015, 14:26

OK, idiot alert... after posting this, just realised that the brilliant KARABINER already offers this function. I am one happy trackball customer.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

26 Jun 2015, 14:31

ShivaYash wrote: OK, so I realise this is not a popular thread […]
Well, perhaps dozens of readers of your thread, just like me,
didn’t want to post "having absolutely no clue, I cannot answer your question" :lol:

ShivaYash

26 Jun 2015, 14:32

Ah never.... this forum is a great source of knowledge, usually! ;-)

For any UK members with an eBay account, this seller has one more, I'd recommend it, if you are in the market for a cheap but excellent trackpad. Naturally I'll do a review in a few weeks time, its too early to tell just yet.

With best,
SY

HzFaq

26 Jun 2015, 14:41

Looks interesting, no dedicated scroll wheel is a killer though as I found with the Ltrac thing I have.

Looking forward to the review.

ShivaYash

26 Jun 2015, 14:42

Not sure if it will replace my trusty and now rather old Evoluent vertical mouse but I do like it a lot.

ShivaYash

26 Jun 2015, 14:43

Am using middle button for scroll and it's ok. Forearm does feel a little tense but the review will cover this point.

Return to “Off-topic”