Beware of MagicMeatball

webwit
Wild Duck

27 Aug 2012, 00:13

windowsblowzhard / ripster above was using an open proxy.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

27 Aug 2012, 00:18

IPs change as well. Innocent bystanders could be blocked by accident. There could even be 2 or more members in one household. They are separate people, but have the same IP. Blocking by IP has always been a bad practice.
webwit wrote:windowsblowzhard / ripster above was using an open proxy.
How do you know for sure? I don't see a watermark.

webwit
Wild Duck

27 Aug 2012, 00:22

Someone from geekhack warned me, that this username was confirmed to be ripster over there. Also, ripster is currently the only one making new members using open proxies, and I can check the ip number. That post smelled like ripster, so I do a search for "<ip number> open proxy", and there it was.

cactux

27 Aug 2012, 00:24

[Account and posts deleted on request]

webwit
Wild Duck

27 Aug 2012, 00:26

See edit.

webwit
Wild Duck

27 Aug 2012, 00:29

Also, most open proxies also give the ip number of the original address in the HTTP request. That ends up in the web server logs. The ones that don't do that, are usually commercial services.

Tenkey

27 Aug 2012, 01:57

I count 4 chinese dudes in here if not more...

thegunner100

27 Aug 2012, 02:10

Hello ripster!

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

27 Aug 2012, 03:02

In helvetica we trust.

R.I.P.ster

jakobcreutzfeldt

27 Aug 2012, 14:54

I know this thread is more or less dying, but I'm surprised no one pointed out that Paypal often requires that a buyer destroy the disputed item in order to receive the chargeback. It seems pretty relevant in this case.

Famous example, including screen grab of Paypal's TOS that describe the clause: http://www.regretsy.com/2012/01/03/from-the-mailbag-27/

kbdfr
The Tiproman

27 Aug 2012, 16:36

jakobcreutzfeldt wrote:[…] no one pointed out that Paypal often requires that a buyer destroy the disputed item in order to receive the chargeback. It seems pretty relevant in this case. […]
Not relevant here. The buyer consistently claims he did not destroy the keyboard.

Charlie_Brown_MX

27 Aug 2012, 16:40

kbdfr wrote:
jakobcreutzfeldt wrote:[…] no one pointed out that Paypal often requires that a buyer destroy the disputed item in order to receive the chargeback. It seems pretty relevant in this case. […]
Not relevant here. The buyer consistently claims he did not destroy the keyboard.
Definitely not relevant, and a complete red-herring. It’s also not PayPal’s policy for the buyer to destroy the object and then return it to the seller; destruction alone, with required proof, is enough.

ChaoticKinesis

27 Aug 2012, 20:45

Sorry to point out another inconsistency in this dying thread but I find surprising is that MMB repeatedly mentioned receiving the keycaps in a bag separate from the keyboard, which resulted in a bulging box. Yet he has photos with all the keycaps on the keyboard, which were supposedly taken immediately after the keyboard was received.

This means he would have first seen how dirty and worn the keyboard and keycaps were, proceeded to put on all the keycaps, took a few keycaps off, and shot some photos to show what junk he received. Once his mind was already made up that he wanted to return the keyboard, he took the time to remove all the keycaps and place them in a separate bag just to have them once again take up more space in the box. :lol:

kbdfr
The Tiproman

27 Aug 2012, 22:35

ChaoticKinesis wrote:Sorry to point out another inconsistency in this dying thread but I find surprising is that MMB repeatedly mentioned receiving the keycaps in a bag separate from the keyboard, which resulted in a bulging box. […]
Wrong. He didn't say that he had received the keycaps in an extra bag, but only that he had sent them this way.

litster

04 Mar 2013, 03:34

I was wondering if MMB was MagicMeatball on GH, and it turned out he is more than that. He is also BroFists and Bro Caps over there.

guilleguillaume

04 Mar 2013, 18:13

litster wrote:I was wondering if MMB was MagicMeatball on GH, and it turned out he is more than that. He is also BroFists and Bro Caps over there.
I thought you were all aware of that.

Yes, he is all those users but he no longer use MMB account.

mintberryminuscrunch

04 Mar 2013, 18:23

guilleguillaume wrote:
litster wrote:I was wondering if MMB was MagicMeatball on GH, and it turned out he is more than that. He is also BroFists and Bro Caps over there.
I thought you were all aware of that.

Yes, he is all those users but he no longer use MMB account.
it fits, if you think about it.
but was aware of it before

7bit

04 Mar 2013, 18:52

He is the guy who orders things from me, pays, and then cancels the order and gets a refund.

asdf

04 Mar 2013, 20:11

I just got a DMCA takedown request from MagicMeatball now my Dropbox is disabled. It was for mirroring the Right or Wrong thread and he doesn't even post on there. He did it because there was a post on Geekhack recently about him and he wants to delete the tracks probably. pretty lame

asdf

04 Mar 2013, 20:55

Quote from: asdf on Mon, 04 March 2013, 13:06:01
Why did you send a DMCA takedown request? My Dropbox is now disabled. What on the "Right or Wrong" thread was copyright by you?
-----------------------------------------------------
his reply:
It contains personal information about me, and it's my right to have it removed.
Furthermore, if I find you have posted anything personal about me on Deskthority, I can promise you that:

1. I will pursue legal litigation against the hosting company of Deskthority
2. I will pursue legal litigation against YOU personally for defamation of character.

Ask yourself if you feel it's worth it to dredge up an issue that was none of your business to begin with. The matter was settled, and both parties left with what they started with.

dirge

04 Mar 2013, 21:16

wow.... just wow. The guy just doesn't have a low he won't sink too. What gets me and continues to do so is the lack of self awareness. When I'm wrong I accept it, learn and progress. Seems america legal action is the correct step...

Acanthophis

04 Mar 2013, 21:19

dirge wrote:wow.... just wow. The guy just doesn't have a low he won't sink too. What gets me and continues to do so is the lack of self awareness. When I'm wrong I accept it, learn and progress. Seems america legal action is the correct step...
Lawsuit incoming!

asdf

04 Mar 2013, 21:51

seems like someone else has the link up again (I didn't mirror this)
http://pastehtml.com/view/cuhtc991b.html

edit: I posted his reply on deskthority because he mentioned deskthority
Last edited by asdf on 04 Mar 2013, 23:21, edited 2 times in total.

RC-1140

04 Mar 2013, 21:55

somebody ask wikileaks to mirror this? :?

mintberryminuscrunch

04 Mar 2013, 22:00

RC-1140 wrote:somebody ask wikileaks to mirror this? :?
:lol: :lol:

guilleguillaume

04 Mar 2013, 22:16

I almost forgot about what happened.

That's the first time I see someone talking about lawyers related to keyboards forums, keyboard is serious business :lol:

BiNiaRiS

05 Mar 2013, 09:02

lol. what is copyrighted material in that link? nothing.

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

05 Mar 2013, 09:21

Typical American, always threatening people with lawsuits, when they don't know how to handle their life.

litster

05 Mar 2013, 09:24

Broadmonkey wrote:Typical American, always threatening people with lawsuits, when they don't know how to handle their life.
Typical American? I think that is uncalled for.

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

05 Mar 2013, 09:33

well.. Americans is known for threatening with lawsuits more than the rest of the world.

Return to “Off-topic”