KBtalKing bugs/moderation?

Daniel Beardsmore

22 Jan 2014, 00:53

I posted a message to alps.tw in this topic at KBtalKing a few days ago:

http://kbtalking.cool3c.com/article/18452

I got a message by e-mail (well, three duplicate messages) when alps.tw replied, but my post, and his reply, didn't show up until I logged into the forum. Some hours later, or maybe due to my having logged in, the messages became visible when not logged in.

Thereafter, e-mail notification died completely and has never resumed working, although no more posts went missing.

I came back the topic tonight to quote some text into a PM here, and since the night before, the whole of page 4 of the topic has just vanished. I've logged out and back in, and tried from another browser, and it's definitely all gone. I still have everything I wrote in my browser history (because Google Translate creates a new history entry for every update to a translation), and I have alps.tw's final reply preserved in an e-mail to Sandy.

I have proof that I'm not going mad; my question is: as there seems to be no clear sign of moderation, is their forum software just completely hosed? Are they the Chinese equivalent to Geekhack?

Daemon Raccoon

22 Jan 2014, 02:43

A link to the fourth page shows up but only on page 2. Weird.

Daniel Beardsmore

22 Jan 2014, 23:03

What the???

So it does.

Funny thing is, I thought I'd looked at page 2 while trying to find page 4. Sometimes I guess we should even be thankful for phpBB ......

Daemon Raccoon

23 Jan 2014, 19:37

I think the SKCMAF is the cream switch I have on the Alps typewriter keyboard with the double action switches. As it is tactile, the colour's about right, and (mostly) without sound. (Which also reminds me that I still need to take better pictures of it for the wiki.)

Daniel Beardsmore

23 Jan 2014, 23:57

Oo. Got a year on that typewriter?

Does the slider have recesses for dampers? Sandy's also reminded me of cream linear for space bars, so that's three different cream Alps switches.

Daemon Raccoon

24 Jan 2014, 04:20

It's either late 85 or 86 (no definite date on the case), and no recesses on the slider.

Daniel Beardsmore

24 Jan 2014, 22:37

MouseFan tentatively dated blue Alps as being 1985—1988 (based on observed keyboards) so that fits in pretty nicely and Sandy's found a similar product from the same era (AP210, which was produced from August 1985 to July 19897).

We're going off-topic here, so I've created a new topic that's easier for people to remember/find/spot etc:

http://deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/alp ... t7318.html

Return to “Off-topic”