My beloved Blues annoy me

CeeSA

28 Jan 2014, 14:30

I must be sick. After typing a lot today, the clicking sound gets on my nerves. And I'm wasting a thought on my colleagues. What a imbecility....
They are able to type louder with their rubberdome....

What can I do?
Are have any tips for drugs or medicine? May I should meditate? I need a reset...

Muirium
µ

28 Jan 2014, 14:36

One remedial dose of Topre. If that doesn't work, come back and see me and we'll maybe explore some aversion therapy with buckling springs.

scottc

28 Jan 2014, 14:42

Have to agree with Muirium. I'll prescribe you 2-4 hours of "thunk thunk thunk". Repeat daily until symptoms stop.

kint

28 Jan 2014, 14:43

Dive deep into clicky Alps. Not even dare to shy away from the clickiness, rather go all out to enjoy it again.
Also, your colleagues might not have voiced it, but they feel significant incentive when they hear how hard you work already while they are still sitting in the canteen.

Findecanor

28 Jan 2014, 14:49

Get a pair of headphones, that cover your ears.

Instrumental music is best for work, because lyrics would interfere with things you are reading and writing.
I listen a lot to Slay Radio which plays only new versions of old Commodore 64 game tunes.
I'm sure there are alternative radio channels if you prefer classical music - I have met programmers who listen to classical music all day at work. I think an instrumental-only stations with other genres would be harder to find.

Muirium
µ

28 Jan 2014, 15:20

Most of my obsessively large music library is indeed instrumental. As soon as lyrics pop up, I can neither read nor write. That stuff's strictly for leisure.

Fortunately there's a ton of funk and jazz out there, and very much alive and well, to give me what I need. Which is more thoughtful than electronica but more lively than classical.

7bit

28 Jan 2014, 15:26

Use a Model M or Model F and the pain goes away!
:-)

CeeSA

30 Jan 2014, 09:28

Thank you all for your words.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

30 Jan 2014, 10:21

click, click, click, I couldn't live without it.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

30 Jan 2014, 14:35

7bit wrote:Use a Model M or Model F and the pain goes away!
:-)
Agreed. Floss mod for those with sensitive ears.

Return to “Off-topic”