Keypuller.com, key caps gallery and database

livingspeedbump
Not what they seem

10 Jan 2017, 16:22

GEIST wrote:
matt3o wrote: I'm actually working on a version that it's easier to update, if you have any suggestion for v2 now it's the right time!
It would be great if you could tag and search for color names instead of additional to the SP color codes.
Crap, this ping on the thread reminded me I need to get the spreadsheet I have over to matt30. Only after trying to fill in the sets over the past two years have I realized how many sets people have really been pushing out.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

10 Jan 2017, 22:02

Awesome, I am happy to hear this will get a relaunch. There is a quite nice GMK database on GH:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=79535.0
Maybe this can be used as a starting point to at least collect a list of GMK keycap sets.

Keeping this site up to date will be a very time consuming job. Some moderation will be required for uploads and entried for new keycap sets must be created, existing entries updated/corrected/researched. Planning on recruiting an admin/mod crew for the site?

Oh yeah and I am not seeing any of the asian PBT Dyesub factories in there yet. Would love to get a little overview of them. I can provide pics from EnjoyPBT and GeekKeys.

I highly recommend not covering artisans, this is a never ending source of trouble ... false information or a wrong entry could cost some kid's entire saving's to go up in smoke ;)

livingspeedbump
Not what they seem

15 Jan 2017, 17:41

Ill post all of my stuff later tonight when I get into the office. I have data for many of the SP sets and pretty much all of the MD sets and OCO sets.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

15 Jan 2017, 17:54

I'm not against artisan keycaps, but definitely not my priority

livingspeedbump
Not what they seem

15 Jan 2017, 18:00

matt3o wrote: I'm not against artisan keycaps, but definitely not my priority
I just see this being more trouble than it is worth. In reality this could be an entirely separate database. Perhaps an overview of makers would be good? But trying to keep up with all caps by all the makers just seems like it would be an ongoing nightmare.

Menuhin

15 Jan 2017, 18:16

Just for your information, not of any priority at all, but there's a person following artisan key caps every week for a few years up until May 2016.
http://blog.roastpotatoes.co/

I'm not into artisan caps but I do check them out sometimes. For me artisan makers can also create functional pieces that are otherwise not achievable when ordering from the normal sources of key caps. How reasonable their pricing during sales and in the 2nd hand markets is another question.
With more documentation about DIY keycap making and the creations of at least 2 DIY keycap molding kits, it is definitely difficult to keep track all old and new, one-time and former cap makers. A self-registering database for makers or artisan collectors to report works according to makers' usernames in forums might be an option.

krutmob

16 Mar 2017, 04:44

I miss keypuller.

guacamole

26 Mar 2017, 22:31

R. I. P.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

27 Mar 2017, 08:48

guys I'm moving to a new house, I'm super busy (and stressed out)... also I'm on a temporary LTE connection for a while so my projects are a bit on hold, but I haven't forgotten about keypuller. Just... life.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

27 Mar 2017, 08:52

Thanks for the update, good to know. So many open projects, time to just put them all on hold/life support and get the real life things sorted first.

Return to “Off-topic”