Free for shipping, Canon 35mm SLR cameras

elecplus

27 Dec 2014, 20:48

1 Rebel Ti, 1 Rebel G, very good condition, includes neck strap for each, no lenses. Send me a PM if you want one or both. US shipping only please :-( Add to that a Rebel G2, also with neck strap, very nice condition.
Last edited by elecplus on 27 Dec 2014, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

27 Dec 2014, 20:53

Note: these are film cameras, kids. You need to take your "files" to the shop before you can see them on your computer!

elecplus

27 Dec 2014, 20:58

Muirium wrote: Note: these are film cameras, kids. You need to take your "files" to the shop before you can see them on your computer!
Unless you happen to like developing your film at home, in your own dark room :-)

Hypersphere

27 Dec 2014, 22:11

Is it possible to put a CCD back on either of these cameras to convert them from film to digital?

Muirium
µ

27 Dec 2014, 22:24

In a word: no. There's a lot more to a DSLR than merely the existence of a sensor.

Hypersphere

27 Dec 2014, 23:18

Muirium wrote: In a word: no. There's a lot more to a DSLR than merely the existence of a sensor.
Too bad! I have seen some articles about a couple of solutions to this, but it looks like the ideas are still on the drawing board.

elecplus

27 Dec 2014, 23:32

The Rebel G2 has been claimed. Anyone want the other 2?

fohat
Elder Messenger

28 Dec 2014, 02:12

Hypersphere wrote:
Is it possible to put a CCD back on either of these cameras to convert them from film to digital?
Just respect it for what it is.

It's not like converting a Reagan-era keyboard to USB, which is pretty straightforward and makes sense since you can't buy anything new today resembling an IBM Model F.

Findecanor

28 Dec 2014, 11:00

There are film-to-digital conversion kits for some older high-quality cameras. They were catered toward professionals some years ago who had already invested a great deal in camera housings, lenses and accessories and did not want to start over with a completely new system.

chzel

28 Dec 2014, 13:43

If I recall correctly, in the first years of digital emergence, HP had some sweet (and expensive) backs for medium format cameras.

Muirium
µ

28 Dec 2014, 14:00

And they will all be woefully obsolete by now. Moore's Law keeps making sensors better by leaps and bounds. Not worth the hassle playing with old digital parts. You'll have more fun with film!

That's why I love vintage keyboards more than the systems they shipped with. Keyboards are just as useful today. The computers, not so much.

chzel

28 Dec 2014, 14:40

Muirium wrote: And they will all be woefully obsolete by now. Moore's Law keeps making sensors better by leaps and bounds. Not worth the hassle playing with old digital parts.
I know, I just got a Nikon D5300 to replace my 9-year-old D50, and the new sensor is like...MAGIC...There must be sorcery involved!
BTW the Ti (know in Europe as the EOS300V) is/was a mighty good camera.

elecplus

28 Dec 2014, 16:30

I bought all of these because the lenses work with my Canon Rebel 2Ti digital SLR camera, which is what I use to take the pics I post here. Mine came with a macro lens, but that does not help a whole lot when trying to take pics of stacks of SSKs, or a passel of beamsprings, or anything else that is not close up. So now I have close up lens (18-35mm, but it also does an excellent job of really close pics, like switches), 28-70mm, 30-85mm, and several others on their way in. The lenses are expensive to but, but old film cameras are cheap!

This is why the cameras do not come with lenses.

elecplus

28 Dec 2014, 16:34

The Ti is claimed, so now we have qty 2 EOS Rebel G (just dug up another one.) The 2nd one does not have a neck strap, just the camera body. All of these are in nice shape, with lens covers where the lens screws on.

7bit

28 Dec 2014, 20:17

Not interested. Please, let me know if you find some Nikon stuff.
:-)

elecplus

28 Dec 2014, 20:50

7bit wrote: Not interested. Please, let me know if you find some Nikon stuff.
Going to have to be more specific. My dad still has his entire professional set he used when we went overseas for 1966-1968.
I don't know if you want 35mm, digital, just lenses, just camera bodies, or what? Specifications or abilities desired? I pass these up all the time.

Muirium
µ

28 Dec 2014, 22:07

He's just a Nikon fanboy. I doubt his seriousness!

7bit

29 Dec 2014, 00:30

What I mean: if you find lenses or old mechanical cameras in the dustbin (like those Canons), I'd be interested.

Return to “Off-topic”