IBM 5360 system available in Martinique

elecplus

16 Jan 2015, 19:05

Not affiliated with this is any way. If you are interested, please email him directly. This is from another list I belong to.

Hi everyone,

Back to you guys with a small gallery of pictures of the machine via Dropbox. It is a 5360 system ( 1m³ / 700 pounds), with french labeled panel. I have not tried to open its guts yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fiyipqf9p92m ... h6DVa?dl=0

The system is located in Martinique (French West Indies).
It had only one owner, a Medical Laboratory that bought it between
1985-1987 I think and used it on a network with at least 4 maybe 5 terminals and a printer. The system used a software sold by a Paris based company that still exist and keeps on selling software solutions on AS/400 architecture. The Laboratory migrated to new hardware. Later it moved and left the 5360 in the old place.
I have no clue about the configuration but I know it had a hard drive and it supported floppy disk banks.

From what I've been told, there is no way it can shipped by boat to North America. Simply because you have to fill up a container to be able to make a cargo shipment, and very very few stuff goes this direction so it would take a long while before fullfilling the requirement. The only easy shipping option to North-America is by airplane which is quite a proposition for a 1m³ / 320kg box.
To send it as a whole to Europe instead is quite easy. There is freight boarding every week and containers are on heavy rotation.
Shipping to the main port destination which is "Le Havre, France" would in the vinicity of 500 euros, though some taxes in arrival are to be expected (20% on the items value).

I will search the place so more, maybe I can find some documentation.

Hector Saint-Prix [tots at matinino.com]

Return to “Off-topic”