[ Closed ] Vim SA Doubleshot key

napalmbrain

26 Jun 2014, 19:47

scottc wrote: I just wanted to let you know that I think Neovim is a fantastic effort and I'm very happy that it exists. So thank you! :D
I'm glad you are looking forward to it; I am as well. I'm in the process of writing the July newsletter, so be looking for that =]

DanielT wrote: Next week a GB will start on PMK and will contain 3 types of Vim key caps. The Vim caps will be child deals in the Debian GB.
AlinH is the "mastermind" and Vim guru. I'm the P.R dude :D and old school vi user.
Any chance of a Neovim keycap being squeezed in there? Or is it too late ;)

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

26 Jun 2014, 20:40

Sorry, it's too late. But you can start your own GB, it's not so complicated with pimpmykeyboard.com
If you want we can exchange some details via PM not to polute the topic.

alinh

26 Jun 2014, 21:52

napalmbrain wrote:
DanielT wrote:
napalmbrain wrote: Were there any extra by chance? Or anyone looking to sell one of theirs if they bought a couple? =]
Where are you located? I might spare one Vim cap ;)
That's completely awesome. I'm in USA/Iowa. If that's too far, no worries =]

Also, are you the one that coordinates these? I'm one of the people involved with Neovim (which is why I want a Vim keycap so badly) and I think the community would absolutely love this for Neovim. Do you have any contact information on investigating this more?

Edit 2: Actually, I wouldn't mind creating a groupbuy, I just have no idea how any of it works. Any information/help would be great =]

Cheers!

Edit: This is me btw incase you don't believe me =] https://github.com/jdavis
Hey, the groupbuy was organized like this (for VIM it was simple since mtl already did a groupbuy @SP 1-2 years ago and SP had the image on file - plus we didn't have to pay the one time setup fee of 50(?)$):

Contact Melissa @ SP : sales@solutionsinplastic.com with some info about what you want to do, in our case I sent a picture of the VIM logo (and a svg file) and asked her if they'd run a single key group buy.

Then I went ahead and created the group buy via their very crappy interface (which lets you organize.. nothing), and after 3 tries the group buy "registered". I emailed Melissa again; she added the price tiers and reformatted the text/picture and a few days later it was published.

Basically you should email her and she'll help you figure out what's needed :)

If you need more info feel free to ask ;)

As for getting a VIM key... I *suspect* that some shop in US bought 400-ish VIM keys for resale :roll: (which I think is OK) so ppl who missed that GB *might* get their keys that way.

As for a SUN logo key... very small chance it will happen via SP :? . If any of you guys knows someone @Oracle and can get their permission to use the SUN logo :roll:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

13 Jul 2014, 19:40

Please, if someone is still listening I'm looking for reference photos to be used on a new service ( http://keypuller.com/vim-escape-key/ )

Thanks!

Return to “Group buys”