Access-IS AKC127 - Now with cable !!

Peter

08 Jul 2012, 15:18

Thanks to 'hoggy' for sending me the cable so I could get this working ..
access11.jpg
access11.jpg (277.7 KiB) Viewed 2399 times
The black keys are not defined yet, the rest is .
Caps are a mix of white Cherry doubleshots in Danish! and various SP-doubleshots ..
I'll probably end up putting some lazered Cherry POM-caps on it.

kint

08 Jul 2012, 15:34

like it a lot. :)

Ascaii
The Beard

08 Jul 2012, 17:53

Welcome to the club!

My daily driver at home is a modified access AKC 127 with blues. I absolutely love the size of it and the crazy amount of keys on the board.

Once you get stuff programmed in, would you mind posting a tutorial / sharing info? Ive never got around to programming the board and im a bit lost with the software.

Peter

09 Jul 2012, 11:29

Thank you again hoggy :)

Yes, it's a great space-saver keyboard,
kinda like a tenkeyless, but with all the keys plus 21-23extra keys .

It replaces a G80-1501 as my daily driver, that thing is quite big :

So far I've just figured out how to assign scancodes to all the 'normal' keys,
I guess you got that part to ?

One really annoying thing about SoftProg is that you can't dump the existing .SPF-file
and modify it, you need to start over from scratch !

maxrunner

09 Jul 2012, 15:46

That's a cherry blue???i'm searching for a MX blue space saver, but i would want to try something different in layout since i already have a hhkp2.

kint

09 Jul 2012, 16:21

maxrunner wrote:That's a cherry blue???....
Ascaii wrote:Welcome to the club! My daily driver at home is a modified access AKC 127 with blues. ...
rather black, Ascaii had his one modified to blues afair, and those are plate mounted, dito afair.

Ascaii
The Beard

09 Jul 2012, 16:43

kint wrote:
maxrunner wrote:That's a cherry blue???....
Ascaii wrote:Welcome to the club! My daily driver at home is a modified access AKC 127 with blues. ...
rather black, Ascaii had his one modified to blues afair, and those are plate mounted, dito afair.
That is correct. 42.tar.gz was nice enough to modify the keyboard for me when I purchased it, since I didn't have the time for modding the plate mounted board and he didn't mind doing it. This is my favorite keyboard, but the programming eludes me. Yes, Ive only been able to get the standard keys...the rest, no luck. I will say that I gave up after a few hours and returned to my homework, and haven't played around with it since (in the sense of programming).

Currently, the row below f-keys returns ba,bb,bc,bd,be, etc.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

09 Jul 2012, 17:54

A Tipro with an attached 32 key module is less than 3cm wider than the Access, has something like 15-20 more keys AND offers very easy programming of every single key.
Tipro with attached 32.jpg
Tipro with attached 32.jpg (42 KiB) Viewed 2235 times
But I must confess your keyboard looks really nice ;)
Last edited by kbdfr on 09 Jul 2012, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.

maxrunner

09 Jul 2012, 17:56

Is it difficult to swap mx switches? i was wondering if its the same regarding alps, i have an old board with complicated alps and one or two might be in the need for a swap, but i havent done anything before, so i dont know how to start...

Maarten

09 Jul 2012, 18:03

maxrunner wrote:Is it difficult to swap mx switches? i was wondering if its the same regarding alps, i have an old board with complicated alps and one or two might be in the need for a swap, but i havent done anything before, so i dont know how to start...
PCB mounted MXes are dead easy to swap, plate mounted are loads of work. Alps i dunno, dont really care for those switches so i don't have any (nor have i ever worked with em).

Ascaii
The Beard

09 Jul 2012, 22:48

alps are the same effort level as plate mounted mx...every switch needs to be unsoldered from the pcb.

Return to “Keyboards”