Disassembling a TT Esports Meka?

Tyrosh22

16 Nov 2015, 15:46

I'm trying to repair a few broken switches on a Tt Esports Meka. However I have no clue how to disassemble the keyboard. Can't find any screws and the case isn't filco-like either. Suggestions? :shock:

Thank you!

shreebles
Finally 60%

16 Nov 2015, 16:31

Suggestions? Break that mo' fukka! :shock:

OK, being serious now, have you checked under all the labels and rubber feet for screws?
If you have, and there weren't any, I would suggest running a guitar pick along all the gaps to find the plastic tabs that hold this thing together.

Tyrosh22

16 Nov 2015, 16:45

I received this keyboard for free and after fixing a few things I plan to gift it to someone as his first mechanical keyboard. The layout is so weird though...but he'll get addicted and spend all of his money on other keyboards anyway. :evilgeek:

I've checked for hidden screws under the rubber parts and the warranty sticker but I found none. I'll try to open it with a plastic tab as soon as I'm home. Thank you! :D

Edit: The screws ARE hidden beneath the rubber pads. I simply didn't see them. :D The board is up and running again (holy shit, that layout though. :D)

Thank you for making me check again. :D

For anyone who also wants to disassemble their TT Esports Meka, although I don't believe there are many of these keyboards out there:

1. Remove all 8 round pads on the back of the keyboard.
2. Unscrew the back.
3. On the left and right side there is one filco-ish clip. Use a plastic chip or a knife (proceed with caution in regard to your own and your keyboard's well-being!) to open these.
4. The top cover should pop right off.
5. Unscrew the 5 silver screws holing the PCB+Plate to the case.

When removing the PCB+Plate be careful not to damage any of the cables soldered to the pcb!

keycap

17 Nov 2015, 22:56

Is it me or is that a stabilized Cherry MX Black in place of the Ctrl key?

shreebles
Finally 60%

18 Nov 2015, 11:58

Nice Tyrosh, great to hear it. The pictures went down for some reason :?

I would like to suggest one improvement to your "guide" though:

When opening a plastic case, always use plastic tools, unless you really really don't have anything to work with.
Plastic will not scratch plastic as easily. Metal will scratch plastic 100%. :shock:

Tyrosh22

18 Nov 2015, 18:39

Yeah, that's true. The only plastic tool I had was a credit card which unfortunately did not work for me. :O

Uhm, no idea what happened to the pictures o_o

Return to “Keyboards”