Fully programmable 60% keyboards?

davkol

28 Aug 2016, 16:08

HHKB Pro JP w/ hasu's controller is the one keyboard, that I'd totally consider—because of the bottom row.
  • 0.25u offset (instead of 0.5u) is actually more natural (I'm not a fan of DreymaR's angle mod).
  • JIS' short right Shift allows two-column wide mod (better than DreymaR's).
The next keyboard on my list is Apple Adjustable Keyboard converted to USB. It's a tad bit bulkier, but split and street cred goes through the roof.

Hypersphere

28 Aug 2016, 19:24

davkol wrote: HHKB Pro JP w/ hasu's controller is the one keyboard, that I'd totally consider—because of the bottom row.
  • 0.25u offset (instead of 0.5u) is actually more natural (I'm not a fan of DreymaR's angle mod).
The next keyboard on my list is Apple Adjustable Keyboard converted to USB. It's a tad bit bulkier, but split and street cred goes through the roof.
The Apple Adjustable is indeed an interesting board.

Speaking of the "next" keyboard (NeXT), I just picked up one of these:
Spoiler:
next-nonadbkbd.jpg
next-nonadbkbd.jpg (93.87 KiB) Viewed 1453 times
Mine is the non-ADB US ANSI version with undamped SKCM cream Alps switches and thick doubleshot keycaps. It's a solid board with excellent tactile feedback and nice layout. There are at least two ways to convert it to USB -- a Hasu converter and a DIY solution documented on the Adafruit site.

Nuum

29 Aug 2016, 18:39

davkol wrote: HHKB Pro JP w/ hasu's controller is the one keyboard, that I'd totally consider—because of the bottom row.
Do you have a link to this angle mod?

davkol

29 Aug 2016, 18:55

It's really easy to find, but here you go. It's basically ZXCVB shifted one column to the left on ISO, while maintaining the same finger-symbol mapping from standard 10-finger touch typing. I've tried it and found it even worse than the standard. The wide mod is pretty cool though.

pietergen

29 Aug 2016, 21:59

@davkol: On an Qwerty board, I type like this:

In other words, I type the Z with the ring finger, the X with the middle finger, and so on. More comfortable, I find.

Nuum

29 Aug 2016, 22:35

Thanks davkol, I thought it was a HHKB specific mod and therefore found nothing with "Dreymar HHKB angle mod".

Return to “Keyboards”