ALPS blue tkl?

Goly

25 Nov 2011, 14:05

hello:

I recently got a blue APLS, more specifically these:

I want a TKL keyboard with these ALPS and had considered buying an ALPS Ducky, extract the green and putting my blue. I have some doubts:

I can remove the green to put the blue?

I need welded to swap?

zoidbergslo

25 Nov 2011, 14:26

Don't know about exact pin-out from switches but yes you need to solder them in.

javifast

25 Nov 2011, 17:38

Perhaps you can change only the top of the switch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AafYXUk413g

ndp

25 Nov 2011, 18:22

javifast wrote:Perhaps you can change only the top of the switch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AafYXUk413g
AFAIK, only the leaf, the stem and the spring are interchangeable parts between Alps and Fake Alps switches.

Goly

25 Nov 2011, 19:14

Thanks for the replies.

If I take a modern ALPS, then I have no problem in removing it to put my blue, right?

I want to buy a Ducky but I am afraid to waste my money :/

mintberryminuscrunch

25 Nov 2011, 19:30

blue and white are compatible, so...green might be too

Ascaii
The Beard

25 Nov 2011, 20:22

mintberryminuscrunch wrote:blue and white are compatible, so...green might be too
Last edited by Ascaii on 26 Nov 2011, 00:09, edited 1 time in total.

ripster

25 Nov 2011, 20:48

Swaps fine if you are ready to desolder and desolder 87 switches. The Green ALPS Simplified II's are actually supposed to feel pretty good - just like Cherry Blues.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1153545/duck ... t_15686227

ndp

25 Nov 2011, 22:38

Ascaii wrote:
mintberryminuscrunch wrote:blue and white are compatible, so...green might be too
green leaves are very different due to it being a linear switch so I would be VERY surprised if a stem+leaf swap would work.
You should be ablle to solder them in place of the greens though, the pinouts are the same.
There's no leaf in a green switch !?!

ripster

25 Nov 2011, 23:06

Yes.

Doesn't seem very green does it?

In other botany news did you ever know that Gingkos are the only tree with motile sperm? Weird fucking trees.

mintberryminuscrunch

25 Nov 2011, 23:16

i just realized that you are the dad in Family Guy.

ripster

25 Nov 2011, 23:51

And you're a mintberry.

Genus unknown. But not berry nice.

Half-Saint

01 Dec 2011, 10:37

You've lost me. Are blue ALPS real ALPS or fake? :D

ripster

01 Dec 2011, 16:12

ALPS are like Schrodingers Cat. Dead AND Alive.

Vote for the F21-7D APC Blue ALPS as the SWITCH OF THE YEAR!

Cheap.

Colorful.

Clicky.

Did I say Cheap?

I'd show a pic with nickels but would get banned.

Gerk

05 Dec 2011, 21:43

I'm still liking my F21-7D but the more I type on it the more I realize that the switches are pretty wobbly ... and they are a little too light actuation wise for this type of mechanism IMHO. I don't forsee this board aging well ... just the limited amount of time I've spent on it and some of the switches are already feeling a little "broken in" ... They do feel pretty unique as far as any other ALPS based stuff that I've tried though, very light touch.

P.S. I HATE the rubber keycaps and getting replacement alps keycaps is no easy feat ... I managed to get some old NeXT doubleshot keycaps that fit (for the most part, not the modifiers) that make it feel much better.

Return to “Keyboards”