What LED size does the KBP V60 use?

Mattr567

14 Jan 2017, 06:47

Hi everyone,

I want to replace my stock V60 LEDs with different color ones, yellow/amber specifically to match my switch color. I'm not sure what size LED this is:

Thanks for the help.

Matt_

14 Jan 2017, 14:49

This is a 3mm LED, flangeless.

czarek

14 Jan 2017, 14:50

Just be careful with the height. I have couple sets of LEDs that are a tiny bit too high and when soldered in keycaps actually touch them making bottom out feel a bit mushy.

Matt_

14 Jan 2017, 15:30

Good point. That's why some builders prefer 1.8mm LEDs:

They have the same footprint (leg spacing) as 3mm LEDs but are much shorter, so they won't collide with keycaps, even thicker ones.

edit: I've just seen your build pictures, if you only need to change the capslock LED a 3mm one should be perfectly fine.

Mattr567

14 Jan 2017, 19:40

Matt_ wrote: This is a 3mm LED, flangeless.
Thanks
czarek wrote: Just be careful with the height. I have couple sets of LEDs that are a tiny bit too high and when soldered in keycaps actually touch them making bottom out feel a bit mushy.
Matt_ wrote: Good point. That's why some builders prefer 1.8mm LEDs:

They have the same footprint (leg spacing) as 3mm LEDs but are much shorter, so they won't collide with keycaps, even thicker ones.

edit: I've just seen your build pictures, if you only need to change the capslock LED a 3mm one should be perfectly fine.
Yea, its off to the side, its Alps so its not in the switch like Cherry MX. Also wanted to change the right one which is under the right shift but that should also be fine since its off to the side as well.

Return to “Keyboards”