Nothing about ergonomic (mechanical) keyboard ?

AndyGoteroff

14 Dec 2011, 21:03

Guess what I got in the mail yesterday? That's right... my Truly Ergonomic keyboard!

And on the invoice was $99!!! It pays to order early.

I'll review it later but suffice it to say that their claims of quality are no joke. This thing is VERY well built and beautiful.

And to everyone who said it was uncomfortable without having ever touched one... WRONG.

hoggy

14 Dec 2011, 21:09

Welcome to deskthority!

Any chance of a review?

Edit: sorry, just read the post again.

What keyboards do you have now - apart from the TE, of course?

webwit
Wild Duck

14 Dec 2011, 21:24

hoggy

14 Dec 2011, 21:30

hoggy

14 Dec 2011, 21:34

Is there a prize for finding his next post?

sordna

20 Jan 2012, 03:35

Looks like you can now buy this keyboard:

http://www.trulyergonomic.com/store/

Pricing is a little steep though, $229 for brown or blue MX switches, $249 for reds.

They removed the fictional reviews/claims from the website, good move.

Gilgam

20 Jan 2012, 12:59

not yet a review ?

Nice website, looks much more serious :-)

hoggy

21 Jan 2012, 07:32

Must have been very tiring to remove all that bs.

Overpriced. No wonder there was the odd bit of shill.

webwit
Wild Duck

21 Jan 2012, 10:59

The trulyschmergonomics guy is a cunt and I will never buy a keyboard from his store. He still has no address, so he's an inherent cunt and it is a permanent condition. But the keyboard is not overpriced.

Gilgam

21 Jan 2012, 14:24

I didn't knew cunt :-)

But i agree it's not overpriced.
But if you don't buyt things from cunt people, you won't buy many things :mrgreen:

webwit
Wild Duck

21 Jan 2012, 14:31

Did I mention I don't do paypal, ebay, amazon and most credit cards? :evilgeek: Cunts, all of them. I vote with my wallet. Most people give their money to cunts because it's convenient, and then complain about the state of the world. This strikes me as odd. Weaklings get what they deserve :mrgreen:

Gilgam

21 Jan 2012, 15:55

And i thought i was alone :-)

sordna

21 Jan 2012, 21:22

That keyboard should be $50 cheaper, around $180 IMO, or $200 for the MX reds version. Current pricing ($229-$249 +shipping) is too close to the Kinesis Advantage street price ($269 with free shipping from several vendors), which I guess is good news for Kinesis. A cheaper TE would pose some competition.

cactux

21 Jan 2012, 21:25

[Account and posts deleted on request]

webwit
Wild Duck

21 Jan 2012, 21:30

Custom keyboards like that from the Korean communities cost more, and come without switches or keycaps, sometimes without case, and you only pay cost for parts. Despite my personal opinion of the guy, he did put a great amount of hours into this project and had all those custom part made in relatively small numbers. In order to earn back these investments and perhaps even make a profit, he has to sell lots at this price. So I think the Advantage, and in general what people are prepared to pay, keeps his price down, otherwise it would have been more expensive.

CVWII

11 Jul 2012, 04:25

The reason I stuck with the Truly Ergonomic Keyboard for so long is that I like to see the little guy have a chance to get ahead. When I first saw it I thought that it was beautiful. I wanted it in the same way that I would want a fancy toy when I was a kid. When people said that it would never be made I feared they were right but I hoped they were wrong and I kept on wanting it. I felt as though I were part of making a dream come true. Its easy for a big company to do something. Its almost impossible for the little man. When it finally arrived last month I was ecstatic. I know a big company could have made it cheaper, whether they would have sold it for less or not, but now I know I have a rare unique part of someone's dream, something that you can't go into any store and buy, and by trusting and sending some money up front in my own small way I helped make it happen. I am happy to pay a few dollars more than I would for something mass produced. When I type on it I don't just feel that I am using a keyboard, I feel that I am using a work of art.

hoggy

12 Jul 2012, 14:33

Any pics? It would be nice to see the TE and the das together.

hoggy

13 Jul 2012, 22:05

If you're being paid - you should give them their money back.

hotel

07 Dec 2012, 22:04

I registered to ressurect this thread, just to simply state it would be nice if we had the standard microsoft natural 4000 in a mechanical switch variety. This would sell like hot cakes. Every office I've ever been in, I see tons of these.

And I don't want to hear "you need 2 right hands" and "it's only ergonimic in name!" crap, since it's not really relevant. No point in telling me (and millions others) that the keyboard is not "technically" ergonomic...cause it works, and that's what matters. Coors Light is hardly beer, just ask all the beer snobs around. but damnit I love it...and I love my MSFT Natural Ergnomic 4000 :)

hoggy

07 Dec 2012, 23:13

I'd agree with you. Have you seen Lanx's mod?

fossala
Elite +1

07 Dec 2012, 23:24

Was the board I used before mechs.

hotel

08 Dec 2012, 02:28

hoggy wrote:I'd agree with you. Have you seen Lanx's mod?
I had not seen it when I posted this, even after many many searches on mechanical ergonimic keyboards, ergo 4000 hacks, etc...but I did run into it later in the day. Unfortunately my employer blocks imgur, so i'll have to wait until I get home to see the pictures.

Burz

09 Dec 2012, 01:02

I think that 'ergonomic' is a matter of degree. So the MS E4000 is ergonomic because it is split, but only just.

A board like the TE gets rid of a (IMHO) very nasty legacy in keyboard design, horizontal staggering, and goes further in making keys easier to press. Now if they can finally resolve their USB controller issues, they'll have my business.

Return to “Keyboards”