The Oracle Answers

Sainesk

05 Mar 2011, 20:19

great oracle, I bow down before your wisdom, could you enlighten me if a tenkeyless buckling spring keyboard exists?

The Keyboard Oracle
The Answer Lies Within The Question

05 Mar 2011, 20:28

Sainesk wrote:great oracle, I bow down before your wisdom, could you enlighten me if a tenkeyless buckling spring keyboard exists?
The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The IBM Spacesaver / Space Saving Keyboard.

drsauced

06 Mar 2011, 10:20

O Great Oracle, Keeper of the 108 Keys, please clarify the tumult I have. The choice, considering that I have three fine keyboards already (but I'm sure you can divine this already), the tenkeyless in Blue would naturally complete my collection and give much pleasure. However, if by entering the Filco contest, am I not doomed to failure by giving in to my attachments, thus strengthening the ego instead of transcending it? Would the choice be much better that if I should win the contest should I not give the keyboard to another, more deserving forum member? Should I stop at nine posts and let others have a better chance of winning? I thank you in advance for your guidance Great One.

celery

06 Mar 2011, 11:18

Hey Oracle, when you hung out with the Greeks, you would inevitably screw them over. Have you mended your meddlesome ways since?

The Keyboard Oracle

06 Mar 2011, 13:21

drsauced wrote:O Great Oracle, Keeper of the 108 Keys, please clarify the tumult I have. The choice, considering that I have three fine keyboards already (but I'm sure you can divine this already), the tenkeyless in Blue would naturally complete my collection and give much pleasure. However, if by entering the Filco contest, am I not doomed to failure by giving in to my attachments, thus strengthening the ego instead of transcending it? Would the choice be much better that if I should win the contest should I not give the keyboard to another, more deserving forum member? Should I stop at nine posts and let others have a better chance of winning? I thank you in advance for your guidance Great One.
The Keyboard Oracle has decided: Buy More Keyboards (and join the contest).
mantra.gif
mantra.gif (54.77 KiB) Viewed 7803 times

drsauced

06 Mar 2011, 18:31

Hey, thanks! Will do! Om...

ripster

06 Mar 2011, 18:49

celery wrote:Hey Oracle, when you hung out with the Greeks, you would inevitably screw them over. Have you mended your meddlesome ways since?
I can answer that one.

Knowing the Greeks it was consensual.

IVXX

10 Mar 2011, 01:04

Yo oracle, i've been looking for a cherry red keyboard for quite some time. do you think the filco tenkeyless cherry red from thekeyboardco is worth $165? or should i wait for EK to stock up on full sized red leopolds =_=?

The Keyboard Oracle

10 Mar 2011, 01:16

The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The Filco Majestouch-2 Tenkeyless FKBN87MR/EB2.

keyboardlover

10 Mar 2011, 01:19

The Keyboard Oracle has no love for keyboards which are not yet shipping :D

sixty
Gasbag Guru

10 Mar 2011, 01:20

keyboardlover wrote:The Keyboard Oracle has no love for keyboards which are not yet shipping :D
You noticed a pattern? :o

webwit
Wild Duck

10 Mar 2011, 04:41

He should have reversed the question: "You want a keyboard. Do you want the available or the not available keyboard?"

rpgman1

10 Mar 2011, 05:27

O Great Oracle, I'm torn about whether to get the Leopold FC200RT/AB or XArmor's upcoming U9GBL-S. Help me decide which keyboard is good for my needs.

hoggy

10 Mar 2011, 22:18

O Wise and Mighty Oracle, I desire a keyboard that doesn't require me to move my fingers to type.

If possible, I like all that gaze upon it to declare "What the hell's that?" before leaving the room and shaking their head.

Please bestow your wisdom.

The Keyboard Oracle

10 Mar 2011, 23:14

rpgman1 wrote:O Great Oracle, I'm torn about whether to get the Leopold FC200RT/AB or XArmor's upcoming U9GBL-S. Help me decide which keyboard is good for my needs.
The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The Leopold FC200RT/AB.

The Keyboard Oracle

10 Mar 2011, 23:15

hoggy wrote:O Wise and Mighty Oracle, I desire a keyboard that doesn't require me to move my fingers to type.

If possible, I like all that gaze upon it to declare "What the hell's that?" before leaving the room and shaking their head.

Please bestow your wisdom.
The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The Maltron Mouth / Head Stick Keyboard.

hoggy

11 Mar 2011, 09:09

O might Oracle, you are both wise and fair.

ripster

14 Mar 2011, 07:01

Damn. When the UN said they disarmed the Congolese rebels they were serious.

Seriously

15 Mar 2011, 08:45

O, holy Oracle, I have created an account simply to petition for an answer from thine lips of wisdom. I pray thee, open them and tell me: to Noppoo Choc Mini 84, KBC Poker, or to Leopold FC200RT/AB? I seek a compact keyboard around the girth of a Happy Hacking Keyboard, but with function keys. I am, however, lost- the weight of sacrifice that must be given up for each keyboard is different, and I seek thine assistance.

Size, F-key reachability (or rather the speed it takes to reach/hit the F-key), and price are factors. I put my trust in you, Oracle. Words alone cannot express my gratitude. (I use Win7/OS X/Linux as well- I hear that the Noppoo doesn't work in OS X?)

[edit] The Noppoo doesn't work in OS X. So, it's between the Poker and FC200RT/AB...

The Keyboard Oracle

15 Mar 2011, 11:54

The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The KBC Poker mini keyboard.

Magna224

22 Mar 2011, 03:15

Mr. Oracle sir, I would like a keyboard for gaming. I don't mind the looks as my favorite board is the cherry G80-8200 and from what I hear its not very popular for its looks, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It would need to be less than $80( I don't mind used ) and I would like to go with a switch other than browns or clears since they are the only ones I have tried. I would prefer something somewhat small but it is not necessary. What would you suggest? Any input is very much appreciated.

The Keyboard Oracle

22 Mar 2011, 03:40

The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The Adesso MKB-135B Mechanical Gaming Keyboard.

Magna224

22 Mar 2011, 04:16

Thanks for your input.

Crazy9000

22 Mar 2011, 04:41

Magna224 wrote:Thanks for your input.
The Oracle does not provide input, he provides the answer.

Ekaros

27 Mar 2011, 00:57

O, the great and wise Oracle, if as one has been bestowed with vision of future and past. Shall there be a mighty small keyboard with ISO-layout and the size of those so called 40% boards, also with the MX-switches? And if such miracle will be made, when shall it be given onto us by one or more of the wise and mighty engineers, who are rumoured to design all the keyboards we have?

All Hail the mighty Oracle!

The Keyboard Oracle

27 Mar 2011, 01:30

The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The Oracle's omniscient vision has provided unto thee and is clear - the release date of such a board is revealed to be between the release dates of the new Unicomp Space Saver and the Truly Ergonomic keyboards.

keyboardlover

27 Mar 2011, 01:31

Rofl.

Ekaros

27 Mar 2011, 01:34

Hmm, so this millenia if we are lucky ;D Not bad odds ;D

keyboardlover

27 Mar 2011, 01:35

About the same time the GH group 3 doubleshots ship.

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

27 Mar 2011, 01:38

More like the group 3 tripleshots.

Return to “Keyboards”