The Oracle Answers

Floodge

25 Apr 2011, 05:01

Oh great Oracle, master of the switches, keeper of the keys, and the bane of indecision, I come to you on this day as a humble novice and foreigner to your infinite realm. I desire to cast aside my logitech media keyboard and ascend to a higher level of sentience. I am a dvorak typist and have considered both the Adesso-MKB-135B and Razer Blackwidow. I overhear great praise for blue switches, but wonder if they will be THAT loud. I'm forever alone so there is no one to bother but me. I play many games, particularly starcraft 2, but also sit for long periods of time to type. I would like a good introductory keyboard that is under 100 usd to guide me into this brave new world. Let me know your "price is not an issue" pick as well.

May the keys be with you.

The Keyboard Oracle
The Answer Lies Within The Question

25 Apr 2011, 13:29

The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The Noppoo Choc Mini MX Brown and the DataHand Professional II modded by Datamancer with 50 ten-carat diamonds and gold-plated case.

igro

08 May 2011, 06:49

Oh Great Keyboard Oracle! I hear you are all around goto guy around here. Please hear me out.
I have a while filco majestouch and want to replace keys on it with white doubleshots so they match the original keyboard and key color. Tell me, what color of doubleshots should i order?

The Keyboard Oracle

08 May 2011, 12:03

The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The same color as your LED - light blue, green, whatever.

igro

08 May 2011, 13:06

My leds are transparent. But hey, thanks for your time bro.

webwit
Wild Duck

08 May 2011, 23:16

Post pictures when you get your key caps with transparent legends.

webwit
Wild Duck

09 May 2011, 03:58

I wonder if Signature Plastics could actually do that. You could make your own fugly police keyboard.

igro

09 May 2011, 20:17

Transparent legends in some bold typeface sounds interesting. Wonder how ugly a transparent doubleshot with opaque legend would look like.

hanshotfirst

11 May 2011, 02:40

Oh Illustrious Oracle, what would be your recommendation for this guy on that other forum?

The Keyboard Oracle

11 May 2011, 03:12

The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The Zowie Celeritas with UK layout.

MechBoy

16 May 2011, 10:55

Oh powerful Keyboard Oracle,

I am looking to purchase a small form keyboard that is cheap about $130 and below and it has to be tenkeyless (NOT PCB mounted like the KBC Poker) for 80% FPS Gaming, and 20% typing.

Should I look to wait for Leopold FC200R Tenkeyless with Cherry MX Reds (confirmed by Leopold), or purchase a Noppoo Choc Mini with Cherry MX Browns, or purchase a Filco Tenkeyless Limited Edition Linear R with Cherry MX Reds, or purchase a Steelseries 6gv2 with Cherry MX Blacks?

Thank you great one.

The Keyboard Oracle

16 May 2011, 11:45

The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The Noppoo Choc Mini with Cherry MX Browns.

rouston

16 May 2011, 12:05

bad keyboard for fps gaming

ripster

16 May 2011, 20:19

Beware of contradicting the Oracle.

The Keyboard Oracle

17 May 2011, 01:21

rouston wrote:bad keyboard for fps gaming
The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The orbiTouch Keyless Keyboard.

hanshotfirst

17 May 2011, 01:41

MechBoy wrote:Should I look to wait for Leopold FC200R Tenkeyless with Cherry MX Reds (confirmed by Leopold), or purchase a Noppoo Choc Mini with Cherry MX Browns, or purchase a Filco Tenkeyless Limited Edition Linear R with Cherry MX Reds, or purchase a Steelseries 6gv2 with Cherry MX Blacks?
I want to be the Oracle and be worshiped, this is easy. You can't buy the FC200R, the Filco Linear R is over $130 and the Steelseries isn't small form factor.

The Keyboard Oracle

17 May 2011, 02:11

hanshotfirst wrote:I want to be the Oracle and be worshiped
The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The first step of Enlightenment and to be accepted as a student of the Art, is to sacrifice all your and your family's keyboards to the Omniscient Oracle.

Floodge

17 May 2011, 03:02

Omniscient Oracle, obtenebrater of keyed input devices, I return to request your guidance once more. I was unable to locate your request, and in desperation I purchased an Adesso MKB-135B and I enjoy it's switches and allure to this brave new world. Unfortunately I am very bothered by the fact that I can't move the keycaps around to suit my dvorak typing layout. To be honest I would rather just go for an all black look, but the manufacturer doesn't sell keycaps and I've been unable to find any. The media keys are also broken and get stuck easily, which has put me over the top. I'm returning the board and am looking for another one. I'm not quite sure what to do though in this situation. Just tell me the way out and I will follow your guidance.

The Keyboard Oracle

17 May 2011, 03:20

The Keyboard Oracle has decided: A Unicomp buckling spring keyboard with interchangeable keycaps, a blank keyboard such as Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate or the Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless "Otaku", or, if you need labels, a blank keyboard with "ninja style" (to prevent wear) adhesive Dvorak labels.

incubated

18 May 2011, 03:27

how do i order the noppoo choc brown, oh great oracle? direct my path for i am blind and cannot read Chinese. also, help me not to get ripped off and do the currency conversion if possible. at least, tell me the currency so that i can do it myself.

is noppoo choc the only portable, mechanical keyboard? i am looking at something that size. even smaller than tenkeyless, but maybe not as extreme as kbc poker keyboard, although i was considering that too. i forfeit my will at your mercy, vehement oracle.

that would be all oracle. i value your trollless ways.

The Keyboard Oracle

18 May 2011, 14:42

incubated wrote:how do i order the noppoo choc brown, oh great oracle? direct my path for i am blind and cannot read Chinese. also, help me not to get ripped off and do the currency conversion if possible. at least, tell me the currency so that i can do it myself.
The Keyboard Oracle has decided: Search on taobao, use Chrome or Google translate for translation, search for tea axis (Cherry MX Brown). Prices are in Chinese Yuan. Search for a taobao buying guide and agent.

The Keyboard Oracle

18 May 2011, 14:53

incubated wrote:is noppoo choc the only portable, mechanical keyboard? i am looking at something that size. even smaller than tenkeyless, but maybe not as extreme as kbc poker keyboard, although i was considering that too. i forfeit my will at your mercy, vehement oracle.
The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The Deck 82, the DSI SMK-88, the DSI Modular Mac Keyboard, the SIIG Minitouch, the Ortek MCK-84, the IBM Model M15 or the OTD 356mini.

incubated

18 May 2011, 17:37

thank you great one. i am eternally indebted to your benign wisdom.

incubated

18 May 2011, 17:41

deck one is sweet. any recommendations oracle?

The Keyboard Oracle

18 May 2011, 20:03

The Keyboard Oracle has decided: Buy the Deck and mod it with Browns if you don't like the Blacks.

luminor

19 May 2011, 04:34

O mighty Oracle, I am having a trouble figuring out which keyboard I want...

I know at some point I'd like to buy a Realforce 87U...problem is there are so many versions. Quiet-variant, 55g uniform, variable weights, etc. All I know so far is that I want to go with the black color scheme :D

My other keyboard is the Leopold Tenkeyless from EK (FC200R w/ MX Browns) - which keyboard would be good for all-around use? Thanks in advance!

The Keyboard Oracle

19 May 2011, 12:59

The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The Realforce with 3 levels of pressure sensitivity.

luminor

19 May 2011, 14:07

Thanks!

bmt22033

19 May 2011, 20:28

Oh great and all-knowing Keyboard Oracle! I summon thee forth to aid me in my search for a mechanical keyboard that...

...is great for FPS/RTS gaming but also good for typing (I like the sound of MX blues but I keep reading that MX blacks are often preferred for gaming)
...has the backslash key located above the Enter key
...has a normal, full size Backspace key
...and, I know I'm really reaching here.....has some form of backlighting?

Does such a device exist oh ye of much keyboard knowledge?

The Keyboard Oracle

19 May 2011, 20:50

The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The Deck Legend with Cherry MX Blacks and NKRO.

Return to “Keyboards”