Some products on taobao [sorry I'm new]

crimzongryphon

14 Apr 2014, 15:09

Hello I'm a new user of the deskthority forums and for that matter forums in general. I do not yet own a mechanical keyboard but I'm planning on buy a poker 2 for a portable form factor build.

I have been looking about and the 2 places I have seen poker 2 at a good price are at taobao and Qtan(?). I live in the UK so ordering from the US is not very practical ordering from the UK however is worse due to the HUGELY expensive keyboards.

Here are some links that I found:
http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a2 ... 27b&pm_id=

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a2 ... 27b&pm_id=

They are slightly different links.

The switches I am looking for are cherry mx blue and the case colour black. I would prefer an LED backlit one although if it costs a lot extra then I wouldn't bother.

What shocked me about these two is that in the UK these cost less than £50 which is astonishingly cheap and it makes me doubt the price is as it appears. Could someone who has experience of this help me confirm that this keyboard and this price is legitimate. Also any other links or advice would be very useful.

Thanks! :D

P.s Sorry if I posted this in a horrible place or didn't stick to any guidelines I wasn't really sure where to put it.

scottc

14 Apr 2014, 15:17

I think that the prices are legitimate, but you haven't taken into account the price of shipping, plus probably a proxy service (since most Taobao sellers won't ship outside of China), plus UK customs and handling fees. These could end up being more expensive than the Poker itself (!) in some cases.

If Taobao doesn't work out, I'd recommend you to shop around the Marketplace here on Deskthority and look for deals there first. People are usually more than happy to help.

crimzongryphon

14 Apr 2014, 18:03

scottc wrote:I think that the prices are legitimate, but you haven't taken into account the price of shipping, plus probably a proxy service (since most Taobao sellers won't ship outside of China), plus UK customs and handling fees. These could end up being more expensive than the Poker itself (!) in some cases.

If Taobao doesn't work out, I'd recommend you to shop around the Marketplace here on Deskthority and look for deals there first. People are usually more than happy to help.
Ok maybe not Taobao unless I can get it through some people I know who regularly visit America. By the way what is a proxy service exactly, is it just shipping?

Thanks for the advice anyway! Really helpful. ;-)

wheybags

14 Apr 2014, 18:17

Yup, that's what they are, and they will cost a good bit.
I've used bhiner.com in the past and they were fine.

crimzongryphon

14 Apr 2014, 19:05

wheybags wrote:Yup, that's what they are, and they will cost a good bit.
I've used bhiner.com in the past and they were fine.
So how does this look from bhiner. Does that seem about right? I'm unsure of it includes shipping fees.

wheybags

14 Apr 2014, 19:23

You don't actually know what the shipping will be from bhiner to you until it arrives at them, and they weigh it. Sucks, but that;s all they can do really. They have a link somewhere on their site where you can estimate postage if you know the weight.

crimzongryphon

14 Apr 2014, 19:28

Ah i won't bother then. I'll just get it on Qtan cuz I'm sort of in a rush to complete this build for an upcoming event.

Return to “Keyboards”