KB Paradise V60 Mini

matt3o
-[°_°]-

06 Jun 2014, 14:35

dual back-lit 60% keyboard NOT compatible with Poker case. Caps are ABS and pretty thin, but the selection of switches is very good: blue, green, red, black, brown, white, clear. It seems a version with Matias Alps switches will be available later.

Backlight demo
Layers

Unboxing
http://imgur.com/a/yMWqX#0

Muirium
µ

06 Jun 2014, 14:44

Looks like you can't configure Command (GUI key) immediately on both sides of the space bar. That would drive me barking at the ceiling in 30 seconds or less…

Well, then I'd use this.
Last edited by Muirium on 06 Jun 2014, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

06 Jun 2014, 14:46

FN in lieu of caps lock is good enough for me.

Muirium
µ

06 Jun 2014, 14:48

Nuts. The function layer looks all wrong as well. The only non-programmable 60% I could ever bear is the HHKB, just because it gets it right in the first place!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

06 Jun 2014, 15:00

I give you that pgup/dn are impossible to find.

Muirium
µ

06 Jun 2014, 15:03

I've tried WASD and ESDF arrow keys before (still got the latter as a left handed backup) but the HHKB arrow key diamond is so far ahead there's no comparison. It needs a short right shift to really fly, mind, but that's what I expect of every 60%, and a 1.5u Backspace where it ought to be instead of wasting two keys at the top!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

06 Jun 2014, 15:06

I use the FN to much to be comfortable on the little finger. ESDF quite works if FN is on the left. I should get one of these soon, I'll see how it works.

Hypersphere

06 Jun 2014, 22:06

Muirium wrote:I've tried WASD and ESDF arrow keys before (still got the latter as a left handed backup) but the HHKB arrow key diamond is so far ahead there's no comparison. It needs a short right shift to really fly, mind, but that's what I expect of every 60%, and a 1.5u Backspace where it ought to be instead of wasting two keys at the top!
Agreed. Although the present model is not my cup of tea, I look forward to seeing the Matias-switch versions. It is good to see a vendor in addition to Matias using the Matias-tactile/click and Matias silent switches.

bazh

07 Jun 2014, 05:17

Look at the back side of the pcb, I think it will fit in a Poker case, but it will also need some modding on the plate to do so

matt3o
-[°_°]-

07 Jun 2014, 08:35

the screw position seems right to be honest, but the dip switch is too big

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

08 Jun 2014, 18:31

Saw this before and following them on Facebook. Will it be programmable? If a 60% is not programmable out of the box, I figure that it is not worth the trouble. I know there are various solutions to make it programmable, but if I pay for a finished 60%, I want it programmable.

Muirium
µ

08 Jun 2014, 20:23

Non-programmable USB keyboards are worse news than PS/2 ones, because they don't work with Soarer's Converter. You're stuck without going for software. More bother than its worth for me.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

08 Jun 2014, 20:32

the controller is reprogrammable. I hardly believe they would release the firmware source though...

Muirium
µ

08 Jun 2014, 20:34

To be persnickety: whenever I say programmable, I mean "end user programmable" without hacking around. Theoretical programmability is about as useful as theoretical keys…

matt3o
-[°_°]-

08 Jun 2014, 20:54

that never stopped us. if the controller is programmable via USB there's always hope for a reverse engineered firmware. you just need time and dedication.

QWERTim

09 Jun 2014, 15:15

I believe someone said on Reddit that they are compatible with Poker 2 cases, however some of the screws do not align and part of the DIP switches are covered.

JBert

09 Jun 2014, 22:42

Does it send PS/2 keycodes if you connect it through a passive PS/2 adapter?

QWERTim

12 Jun 2014, 13:54

SL89

14 Jun 2014, 19:40

I haven't ever been exited for a 60% board until i saw everything about the V60. I keep seeing conflicting reports regarding its availability with MX White AND MX Clear. Will this be compatible with most 'Poker' style cases?

QWERTim

17 Jun 2014, 17:14

SL89 wrote:I haven't ever been exited for a 60% board until i saw everything about the V60. I keep seeing conflicting reports regarding its availability with MX White AND MX Clear. Will this be compatible with most 'Poker' style cases?
Will be available in both! And it will fit in Poker cases, just some screws will not align fully and 2 of the 6 DIP switches are covered. We'll be stocking Green and Clear.

SL89

17 Jun 2014, 17:27

QWERTim wrote:
SL89 wrote:I haven't ever been exited for a 60% board until i saw everything about the V60. I keep seeing conflicting reports regarding its availability with MX White AND MX Clear. Will this be compatible with most 'Poker' style cases?
Will be available in both! And it will fit in Poker cases, just some screws will not align fully and 2 of the 6 DIP switches are covered. We'll be stocking Green and Clear.
Good to hear, thanks for clarifying!

maxrunner

03 Jul 2014, 12:06

Who sells this?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

03 Jul 2014, 12:44

will be available at the end of july methinks

Grond

03 Jul 2014, 13:34

Dual backlit = manual christmas tree mode included.

Daniel Beardsmore

03 Jul 2014, 22:26

Hm, I've just realised that you can't hit Pg Up and Pg Dn with the V60 single-handed.

It's also got a menu key and Fn+/ as menu, which is silly. That would be a nice place to have Pg Dn :(

matt3o
-[°_°]-

04 Jul 2014, 00:05

yeah they always get the FN layer wrong.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

11 Jul 2014, 16:00

matt3o wrote: yeah they always get the FN layer wrong.
If most of the important FN functions cannot be completed with one hand, the 60% keyboard layout is a failure in my view.

DerpyDash_xAD

12 Jul 2014, 02:44

Solution to all fn problems: fn lock.

Muirium
µ

12 Jul 2014, 03:14

So you can do a dance to enter the layer, then select the key? That's fine for less used stuff, like an embedded numpad, but for crucial navigation keys it's plain crazy.

DerpyDash_xAD

12 Jul 2014, 06:25

Muirium wrote: So you can do a dance to enter the layer, then select the key? That's fine for less used stuff, like an embedded numpad, but for crucial navigation keys it's plain crazy.
you should have both. I want a kb with a space splint into 3 - two 2,5 u keys, space and fn, and a 1u fn lck in the middle.

I belive in external numpads tho

Return to “Keyboards”