Qpad MK80 LEDs and metal plate modding

oxidized

13 Jul 2014, 02:35

Yo guys, my idea is to replace every blue led with white ones and to paint the metal cover that holds the switches down with white paint (now it's black).

thing is i don't know which leds i should buy because i don't know the specs of the original ones installed on it. I need to buy something that is durable and that doesn't go over the max capability of the kb talking about absorption (max voltage and current) i checked around, seems like white leds require a little less voltage (100/200mV) than blue leds (3 - 3.6V blue VS 3 - 3.4V white), the current required should be same on both around 15mA (high brightness) but i need to be sure, because i don't want to end up with dead leds or with some led that is brighter or darker than others, and recently i discovered that the original leds are flangeless, they have to be flangeless or even standard 3mm leds will do? so if someone here has a clue i'm all ears.

the second matter is to paint that black metal plate which holds the cherries, should i first remove the black paint on it and paint it back, or should i just paint over the actual black with white? and more important, is it possible to remove that plate to paint it?

the kb has brown cherries and uk layout

many thanks in advance

p.s. sorry for the not so good eng

oxidized

13 Jul 2014, 12:52

any help?

Return to “Keyboards”