blackwidow question

Sev

10 Aug 2014, 14:59

hey

I have a ducky keyboard with brown switch and I am really happy with it. In a shop I tried razer blackwidow 2014 stealth edition and I really like the sound and the feel.

so my question is, if I can make the brown swtich make it feel more similar to the razer one?

Halvar

10 Aug 2014, 15:13

AFAIK the stealth edition has tactile, but not clicky switches. They used MX brown in the previous model and are now using MX brown clones (= orange Kaihua switches), so they should feel pretty similar to MX brown.

What was it that you especially liked about them or found to be different from your Ducky board?

Sev

10 Aug 2014, 15:25

It sounds more damped and the travel distance felt shorter if I remember correctly. I was thinking about o rings...that would be an idea right?

Findecanor

10 Aug 2014, 15:29

I am still waiting for someone to take apart a Razer Orange switch and take detailed pictures together with innards from a Cherry MX brown so that we could compare them properly ...
The only thing we really know is that the tactile/activation point is slightly, but noticeably higher up. Is it dampened with an O-ring on the bottom?

Of Razer's, I have only tried the Green switch briefly. It wobbles and rattles less than Cherry MX, probably because the switch housing sits tighter.
A Cherry MX switch's housing can be tightened by opening it up and placing a "switch sticker" in-between the top and bottom parts. You could buy stickers from Originative, and maybe a few other places. Myself I have not been bothered enough by wobble to care about it.
On a Ducky you would have to desolder each switch to be able to remove them and open them up to install stickers. It would be a lot of work and also a risk of messing up. If you do that then I think you should also take the opportunity to lube them.

Sev

10 Aug 2014, 21:21

Thanks for the information Findecanor.

What is the best palce to buy o rings in europe?

Return to “Keyboards”