And so the journey begins!

Linkert

09 Jan 2015, 23:07

http://www.tradera.com/item/340827/2231 ... -item-main

I have a Poker II on the way through massdrop but it's quite delayed due to this that and the other.. Just won a Ger/qwertz Cherry G80-3474, MX Black for approx. 25USD + 8$ shipping :geek:

The seller recently sold a Cherry G80-1501HAD with sweet dubbleshot PBT-caps. Hope this one also carries PBT's, probably not as he did not bother to show off a keycap on camera.

Dear oh dear, hope this won't turn addictive.. :o

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

09 Jan 2015, 23:19

The G80-1501 keycaps are doubleshot ABS, the ones on your board are lasered PBT.
Linkert wrote: Dear oh dear, hope this won't turn addictive.. :o
Got some bad news for you... nah, actually it's one fun hobby to have. :)

Linkert

15 Jan 2015, 19:32

I got her laying in front of me, just bought a PS/2 - USB adapter only to realize I need an active adapter. Never knew there was passive/active ones :P
Any recommendations on these?

Muirium
µ

15 Jan 2015, 20:54

There's something called the blue cube most people like to mention. I built my own, using a Teensy and Soarer's Converter. You can even install it inside the keyboard that way.

Passive adapters are from the later days when keyboards supported USB internally, but had only one cable. Keyboards made before USB existed need to be converted for real.

andrewjoy

15 Jan 2015, 20:56

I find blue cubes works very well :) there are many options Teensy is also good

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

15 Jan 2015, 21:02

Linkert wrote: Dear oh dear, hope this won't turn addictive.. :o
it's too late for you already, welcome to the club of keyboard addiction! :D

Nice Cherry G80-3474 btw. ;)

Linkert

17 Jan 2015, 19:58

This did the trick! also heard from massdrop, seems like my poker is on it's way :)

Return to “Keyboards”