deskthority.net vs geekhack.org

Brian8bit

20 Mar 2011, 13:24

sixty wrote:fucking arrogant gurus here!
I looked through amleth's previous posts while I was ranting earlier and couldn't help but laugh when in one thread he asked if you wanted to be another "gasbag guru" and he was ranting and raving about people not knowing anything about black switches.

Also hilarious was when he shouted at Ripster for having a chick with underwear on her head as his avatar and asked him to change it. So keyboardlover posts pictures of people with underwear on their head. Then he starts on about how everyone in the keyboard scene is rude.

He goes by the name Hamblet on Geekhack. From what I've seen on his 50 odd posts there he's not as much of a cunt. In fact he's perfectly cordial. Even pimping expensive metal keycaps in one thread. So much for the poor and whatever other fucking nonsense he was spewing on here.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

20 Mar 2011, 13:29

I actually find him quite entertaining :)
I enjoy occasional wild discussion and controversial fights!

Ekaros

20 Mar 2011, 15:16

webwit wrote:Dark theme lovers make me wonder if they mail mail sites like google.com, cnn.com, news.bbc.co.uk, reddit.com, facebook.com, amazon.com, ebay.com etc. etc., and complain they need a dark theme.
It's just so much nicer at 3 o'clock ;D

Dark-blue theme, or other darker theme could be different but still nice for some ;D

ripster

20 Mar 2011, 15:19

Brian8bit wrote:
sixty wrote:fucking arrogant gurus here!
I looked through amleth's previous posts while I was ranting earlier and couldn't help but laugh when in one thread he asked if you wanted to be another "gasbag guru" and he was ranting and raving about people not knowing anything about black switches.

Also hilarious was when he shouted at Ripster for having a chick with underwear on her head as his avatar and asked him to change it. So keyboardlover posts pictures of people with underwear on their head. Then he starts on about how everyone in the keyboard scene is rude.

He goes by the name Hamblet on Geekhack. From what I've seen on his 50 odd posts there he's not as much of a cunt. In fact he's perfectly cordial. Even pimping expensive metal keycaps in one thread. So much for the poor and whatever other fucking nonsense he was spewing on here.

Oh, Hamblet! He and I have gone after each other a few times.

I'd post the link but my IP address is definitely blacklisted at Geekhack.

I assume it was this Lego pic that was the final draw. I LIKE that joke!
Last edited by ripster on 20 Mar 2011, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

20 Mar 2011, 15:25

Maybe you just have DNS issues or something. Try the IP directly.

ripster

20 Mar 2011, 15:31

Yeah, let me try that. I just proxyed in. PM'd iMav and iMav says I'm not banned.

I'm a tad disappointed because then I'd be a "bad boy" like some of the Deskthority folks.

Bad Boys Can Have Two GFs
still can't believe those aren't his daughters

sixty
Gasbag Guru

20 Mar 2011, 15:33

At least you are the bad boy at ocn!

sixty
Gasbag Guru

20 Mar 2011, 15:33

...and ]H[ardforum. Oh man you showed those guys.

webwit
Wild Duck

20 Mar 2011, 15:37

Ripster once sent me a photo of his family. It explains a lot.
rapsters.jpg
rapsters.jpg (51.46 KiB) Viewed 9438 times

ripster

20 Mar 2011, 15:40

I don't really pick on HardForum or Anandtech. Kinda relaxing there.

Geekhack[65.111.241.205] I get "Request Timed Out"
Deskthority.net[209.62.95.146] I sail through fine

I post so much I must be considered a DOS attack.

Or Webwit. Next step is Virus Checker.

webwit
Wild Duck

20 Mar 2011, 15:43

It's funny what they are saying about you on geekhack now. A new dawn has broken.

ripster

20 Mar 2011, 15:46

And a deep gloom descends on DT.

The Full Moon was SPECTACULAR last night. My son and I dragged out the AstroScan last night.

xbb

20 Mar 2011, 15:53

ripster wrote:Yeah, let me try that. I just proxyed in. PM'd iMav and iMav says I'm not banned.
You have static IP? Had the same issue and a change of IP solved it.

Ekaros

20 Mar 2011, 15:55

Tried OCN?

ripster

20 Mar 2011, 16:17

I have Comcast and looks from a casual read like cloning a Mac address is too much work right now.

OCN loads fine. EVERYTHING but Geekhack loads fine. Actually I have often wondered why I haven't been banned from OCN. Especially since I like to point out that the OCN Ducky branded keyboard isn't the best choice for everyone.

My favorite Infraction there (such homophobia! - and he even renounced his past and became a Minister!)
ira-k wrote:Dear ripster,

You have received an infraction at Overclock.net - Overclocking.net.

Reason: Off Topic Post
-------
Off Topic Post

Hi, Please try to stay on topic.

Thanks,
ira-k
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://www.overclock.net/keyboards/8415 ... st11083252
Plenty of room in the tubby.
All the best,
Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

keyboardlover

20 Mar 2011, 16:40

Ripster, you might want to take your time getting back on GeekHack.

MW is back.
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?t=15808&page=6

ripster

20 Mar 2011, 16:49

I noticed that (I can proxy in fine so just kinda lurk since doing much else through a proxy is painful).

Actually other than the Banner this place feels like Geekhack. What cracks me up is the OCN Moderators hide their OCN screen-names when they post at Geekhack.

I would too.

keyboardlover

20 Mar 2011, 16:51

Does seem WEIRD that you can't access it!

Hey RipMeister, since you've been lurking, what do you think of my memes?
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?t=16367

BTW, regarding the OP's question:
deskthority-that-shits-for-foreigners.jpg
deskthority-that-shits-for-foreigners.jpg (51.86 KiB) Viewed 9399 times

ripster

20 Mar 2011, 17:08

Yeah, it is weird. Normally a flush of the cache does it but since all my PCs and even my Apple Touch is affected it's not that.

I might have to go digging into my router - I hate that Networking stuff - so booooorrrrriiiinnnnng.

keyboardlover

20 Mar 2011, 17:11

Maybe there's some sandy in your bridge?
Brian8bit wrote: Also hilarious was when he shouted at Ripster for having a chick with underwear on her head as his avatar and asked him to change it. So keyboardlover posts pictures of people with underwear on their head. Then he starts on about how everyone in the keyboard scene is rude.
Haha thanks. I also found that post quite humorous:
http://deskthority.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 6602#p6602

webwit
Wild Duck

20 Mar 2011, 17:30

keyboardlover wrote:
You mean it is for you?

I always find this perspective funny. If I ask anyone in the world for their address, they include the country. Except Americans. Because the world is divided in American and foreign. It used to be the French doing this.

keyboardlover

20 Mar 2011, 17:37

It's from a movie where Clint Eastwood plays an older Racist American war hero. It's pretty funny :D

Gran Torino:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1205489/

muchadoaboutnothing

20 Mar 2011, 17:40

ripster wrote:I have Comcast and looks from a casual read like cloning a Mac address is too much work right now.
It's actually easier than most people think. You just log onto your router, change one letter in one field, and reboot your modem & router.

You tried the IP without a proxy and it didn't go through? Curious. Refreshed my DNS cache on Google DNS (and using OpenDNS' checker) and it's still 65.111.241.205.

Also, hi all. I've been lurking here for a few days but just got around to registering.

ripster

20 Mar 2011, 17:44

It's that I can get through fine on a proxy that makes me suspicious it's Geekhack. iMav said he'd look at it and in the meantime I'm trying to build EU unity by extolling the virtues of Sarcozy's wife.

If you were a US Republican this would not be allowed.

Meanwhile in ITALIA!
She doesn't LOOK that young. It's always the boobs that throw you off with jailbait. Not sure how you say "jailbait" in Italian but it probably rhymes with "Polanski".
Last edited by ripster on 20 Mar 2011, 17:46, edited 3 times in total.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

20 Mar 2011, 17:44

webwit wrote:
keyboardlover wrote:
You mean it is for you?

I always find this perspective funny. If I ask anyone in the world for their address, they include the country. Except Americans. Because the world is divided in American and foreign. It used to be the French doing this.
Haha. I complained about that before. Freaking Americans never putting their country. Some don't even put their name, because USPS rolls like that and you can have shit delivered to any name. A friend gets mail delivered to FirstName LastName or something.

But all of that is still better than Korean addresses. Everytime hillarious to look at the DHL staff when I give them the address slip with like 15 lines of a single address on it.

webwit
Wild Duck

20 Mar 2011, 17:46

Yeah, here they have to copy and write down the address on some other label, so it's usually a pretty long wait. Some day they'll invent normal addresses instead of "descriptions".

ripster

20 Mar 2011, 17:50

Try navigating Akihabara. IIRC it's district/ward/block/number clockwise.

Since it's all in Japanese it's better to ask the maids.

The Cardboard sign says, "Preez. We are from Topre and Would like Your opinion On our next color for our keys. Preez see Umbrerras. Euro Green or Noppoo Brown?"
Last edited by ripster on 20 Mar 2011, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.

muchadoaboutnothing

20 Mar 2011, 17:52

ripster wrote:It's that I can get through fine on a proxy that makes me suspicious it's Geekhack. iMav said he'd look at it and in the meantime I'm trying to build EU unity by extolling the virtues of Sarcozy's wife.
Could be either, but if a lot of people aren't complaining, there's a good chance that it isn't on your end. I mean, you're on Comcast - pretty big ISP, If GH had a routing problem with Comcast users you'd see a lot of people go inactive. And a lot of angry emails to iMav I imagine.
ripster wrote: Image
She doesn't LOOK that young. It's always the boobs that throw you off with jailbait. Not sure how you say "jailbait" in Italian but it probably rhymes with "Polanski".
I don't know how you say jailbait, but I was informed by a tour guide in Florence that Berlusconi had "bunga bunga parties" when my group asked for a good cheap place to get lunch and he thought we wanted something else good and cheap.. :lol:

keyboardlover

20 Mar 2011, 17:53

ripster wrote: If you were a US Republican this would not be allowed.
Are you kidding? I'm a republican and we LOVE that stuff!

ripster

20 Mar 2011, 17:54

Deskthority thinks Geekhackers don't follow the latest in Euro Music.
If this Bunga Bunga video is blocked in the EU I will Lol.

I almost like this guy as much as SaxRoll dude.
Last edited by ripster on 20 Mar 2011, 17:56, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”