The wiki thread

sixty
Gasbag Guru

05 Feb 2011, 07:55

Nice! Also yep, he said he had ALPS, Topre and BS gifs in making!

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

05 Feb 2011, 20:28

Starting on the buckling spring section. At the moment, I've just copy pasta'd stuff from the old IBM wiki, but I intend on refining the stuff I've written and adding in pictures of course.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

05 Feb 2011, 20:45

Looks good. Someone should add some pics. Currently working on the Cherry stuff again.

webwit
Wild Duck

05 Feb 2011, 20:50

Let me know if you need anything for the IBM wiki.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

05 Feb 2011, 21:13

Did you just explode the server with the mod rewrite? I lost a rather long article. I am crying!

webwit
Wild Duck

05 Feb 2011, 21:19

Uhoh, sorry about that. I guess this is not a good time to mention that you should do major editing offline with cut&paste. And my rewrite didn't work.. I'll try to get it right on dev first.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

05 Feb 2011, 21:21

webwit wrote:Uhoh, sorry about that. I guess this is not a good time to mention that you should do major editing offline with cut&paste. And my rewrite didn't work.. I'll try to get it right on dev first.
I did of course save it, but the draft was outdated by a few minutes :P
Its all good now. Changed the front page too!

bugfix

05 Feb 2011, 21:23

sixty wrote:Changed the front page too!
Looks great, just wanted to do something similar.

webwit
Wild Duck

05 Feb 2011, 21:24

I like the wiki front page. Which reminds me, have you compared the green on the deskthority front page with the green of the IBM key caps? :P

bugfix

05 Feb 2011, 21:38

I've made a little change to the frontpage, just roll it back if you don't like it.

Also: Should we make that banner a little bigger?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

05 Feb 2011, 21:48

There already is a bigger version of the banner, same filename without the _small. Go ahead :)

bugfix

05 Feb 2011, 21:52

OK I switched it to the bigger version, there's still a lot of white space though. Any ideas for filling it? Article of the day? An introduction to mechanical keyboards? A random ripster post?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

05 Feb 2011, 22:01

You have to keep in mind that not everyone has gigantic screens like us. We could always center that thing, I guess.

bugfix

05 Feb 2011, 22:09

sixty wrote:You have to keep in mind that not everyone has gigantic screens like us. We could always center that thing, I guess.
God damn backward compatability... :lol:

webwit
Wild Duck

05 Feb 2011, 22:21

Should have the same look as the forum so it looks integrated. But first our theme will have to stabilize.
Anyway, content is king..

keyboardlover

06 Feb 2011, 02:58

From a Usability standpoint, "(Mechanical) keyboards: Getting started" should be the FIRST thing a user sees when they get to the wiki. So, it should really be the first link on the left side of the page. Not sure how you want to handle that with the new design...

Edit: I suggest changing "More Info" to say "Welcome", and making that the first column on the left hand side. Thoughts?

Edit: I went ahead and changed it to what made sense to me. Feel free to change if you don't agree.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

07 Feb 2011, 19:04

Looks good to me.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

07 Feb 2011, 19:06

By the way, everyone and their mother hates the Unicomp logo, yet when I tried to find one online to add it to the wiki it seemed impossible.

bugfix

07 Feb 2011, 19:11

I have also looked for the logo but I'm too lazy to take a photo of my Customizer...

I'll just extract it from this image: Image

HaaTa
Master Kiibohd Hunter

07 Feb 2011, 19:47

Here's a super shitty one I SVG'd a while back for my sig on GeekHack:

(I'm no artist, or inkscape wiz)

More logos: https://picasaweb.google.com/TrIpLeHaaT ... directlink

webwit
Wild Duck

07 Feb 2011, 19:58

HaaTa wrote:Here's a super shitty one I SVG'd a while back for my sig on GeekHack:

(I'm no artist, or inkscape wiz)
I have a feeling that the guy who made the original for Unicomp said something similar when he showed them the logo.

bugfix

07 Feb 2011, 19:59

I lol'd irl.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

07 Feb 2011, 20:04

Haha, same.

keyboardlover

08 Feb 2011, 20:20

Hey folks, I started working on the Realforce wiki:
http://deskthority.net/wiki/Realforce
Feel free to suggest or add changes. One thing I haven't added yet are the various Euro-layout boards.

bugfix

08 Feb 2011, 21:41

Great job! I always try to work on the articles but writing in an encyclopedic way goes to the limits of my command of the English language.

keyboardlover

08 Feb 2011, 21:45

Thanks =)

webwit
Wild Duck

08 Feb 2011, 21:59

Looks great!

keyboardlover

08 Feb 2011, 22:00

Thanks webwit!

sixty
Gasbag Guru

08 Feb 2011, 22:58

Awesome! Thats a lot of content in one go. Now I wonder if we should split it up into multiple pages (one for every model?) or just make redirection link pages for the models that link the appropriate section in the article?

keyboardlover

08 Feb 2011, 23:02

Hmm...whatever you think is cleaner. Doesn't matter to me. =)

We have to keep in mind too that it's missing info and I'm sure more will be added in the future.

Return to “Deskthority wiki talk”