Stuff you just bought

courtesi

23 Jan 2016, 19:42

I just ordered a white Thailand origin IBM KB-7953. My black Chinese one was getting oily looking not to mention it is starting to look a little blank if you know what I mean; and I wanted to see how different the quality may be.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

25 Jan 2016, 11:51

My last purchase as reflected upon in the "Great/Interesting Finds" thread:
other-external-f66/great-interesting-fi ... ml#p280695

snuci
Vintage computer guy

25 Jan 2016, 12:35

Bought a Topre Realforce 87u with the set of 4 PBT space bars from Massdrop and finally got it Friday afternoon. After all the anticipation, I forgot to bring it to work this morning to try it for the first time... DOH!

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

25 Jan 2016, 22:01

Bought a Logitech MX Master mouse.

ohaimark
Kingpin

27 Jan 2016, 15:03

I haven't quite bought anything yet, but I just found a gentleman who has approximately 300 keyboards. I'm in the process of acquiring significant amounts of his mechanical inventory. Muhahaha.

gogusrl

30 Jan 2016, 09:56

A OnePlus X to replace my old S4 and this beauty :

vsev

30 Jan 2016, 22:56

reuters so pretty dude !

photekq
Cherry Picker

31 Jan 2016, 05:18

Nice one gogus!

I bought this..

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

31 Jan 2016, 05:36

gogusrl wrote: A OnePlus X to replace my old S4 and this beauty :
OPO user here, neat that there are other people here on DT with oneplus phones. What's your first impression of the X? :P

tentator

31 Jan 2016, 22:41

wow! both the reuters and this schneider are really beautiful!!
and look so brand new and cool..... and expensive!! :)
this forum starts to get really dangerous...

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

31 Jan 2016, 22:50

gogusrl wrote: A OnePlus X to replace my old S4
Redmaus wrote: OPO user here, neat that there are other people here on DT with oneplus phones. What's your first impression of the X? :P
OnePlus X here also. I bought it at the pre-launch sale in Paris in November, and I'm really happy with it. Lot of friends considered to buy it and the ones who did it seem happy too. ;)

I answered to a lot of questions about the OPX here: https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/commen ... _unboxing/

courtesi

01 Feb 2016, 18:57

courtesi wrote: I just ordered a white Thailand origin IBM KB-7953. My black Chinese one was getting oily looking not to mention it is starting to look a little blank if you know what I mean; and I wanted to see how different the quality may be.
I just got this in ... ehhh on one hand it feels a little nicer but on the other the keyboard is kind of yellow.

For quiet typing I think I'll go back to scissor switch. :o

davkol

08 Feb 2016, 23:30

A left-handed Handshoe mouse. I'm quite impressed for the most part. A review is coming later.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

09 Feb 2016, 00:25

"Taran" NMB RT-102 I bought from Chyros, dye sub's on NMB Hi-Tek clicky space invaders:
IMGP2627.JPG
IMGP2627.JPG (974.87 KiB) Viewed 5304 times
IMGP2628.JPG
IMGP2628.JPG (973.05 KiB) Viewed 5304 times

ohaimark
Kingpin

09 Feb 2016, 05:16

The $35 keyboard with purple doubleshots and SMKs arrived in today. It cleaned up far more nicely than I expected. The keycaps are pretty nice too -- ABS doubleshots, but they're thick and have little shine.

More photos here: https://imgur.com/a/Rgcg4

Edit: I typed this post on it. These SMKs have a nice thock, a bit of "plink" on the upstroke, and a very low activation point. I like hammering on them.

shreebles
Finally 60%

09 Feb 2016, 15:29

Very cool. Bottom row reminds me of Topre :D

Keycap shape looks almost exactly like Cherry doubleshots but not the font.

jou

11 Feb 2016, 19:27

My very first Topre board
IMG_1906.jpg
IMG_1906.jpg (197.46 KiB) Viewed 5206 times

gogusrl

14 Feb 2016, 17:01

One Peacock

Two Peacock

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

01 Mar 2016, 00:10

triumph adler keycap set (this from massdrop)
2x ibm bigfoot XTs (one will be a sacrifice for my fssk)
rgb cherry profile mods

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

10 Mar 2016, 18:44

ohaimark
Kingpin

18 Mar 2016, 02:56

I just picked up one of these laptops:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 834233105R

Price? $1275. For a 980m 8 gig and an i7 5700hq. The non-open box version, which is available around $1500, is a pretty good deal too.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

18 Mar 2016, 03:01

I don't think that's a bad deal, but why did you buy a gaming laptop instead of a gaming desktop for around half the price or less?

Do you move a lot or something? Sorry this is just something I have never understood.

@jou, I didn't realize they sold HHKB's in banana.

ohaimark
Kingpin

18 Mar 2016, 03:10

I almost avoided a gaming laptop entirely, per your line of thought. If I hadn't found that deal I wouldn't have bothered.

Ultimately, there are a few reasons for my choice:

1) I travel a lot
2) It was a great deal
3) It was within the same price-ballpark as a premium laptop without discrete graphics
4) It doesn't scream "gamer" or "artist" -- I like its aesthetic
5) It's relatively light and thin for a 17" laptop, especially for a gaming laptop
6) I wanted a 17" laptop because anything smaller feels cramped (I'm 6' 2" -- pretty tall and space consuming)

I already have a gaming desktop with a GTX 780 at home, so it's not like I'm hurting for power there. But hauling that bastard and its screen around is a real pain.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

18 Mar 2016, 03:22

Yeah I suppose that would make portability handy. I don't like stuff that screams gamer either.

E3E

18 Mar 2016, 03:52

I myself prefer gaming laptops over desktops because of their portability, and thanks to this being hurricane country, well, it's nice to have something you can pick up and haul with you easily if need be.

Mine's an M18x R2 that's been running strong for 4 years now. Upgraded it to dual GTX 980M GPUs w/ 8GB VRAM each and have had the top end processor in the thing for almost as long as I've owned it. Very happy that CPUs are moving slowly.

32GB 2133MHz DDR3L RAM. two 256GB SSDs in Raid 0. I've planned to do something serious on youtube involving gaming and commentaries for quite a while now, but keyboards actually really sideswiped me and stole way more time from me than they needed to.

Can you guess what the last upgrade to my rig was? Yeah, a keyboard. THAT did it. I was skeptical before, and now I've been sucked in deep. I've spent at least $2000 on keyboards if not a few more grand.

You can see my baby in some pictures at times:

I need to get on the ball before this thing becomes obsolete. :P

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

18 Mar 2016, 04:20

That datapoint board is sooo cool. Jealous!

E3E

18 Mar 2016, 04:26

Soon, you too will also have an awesome board I'll be jealous of! I wouldn't doubt if you already do!

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

18 Mar 2016, 04:36

The only boards I think you would be jealous of is my Unsaver or my ABS M1 I recently got from itzmeluigi. I hope my soon to be decked out V80 will provide some jealousy as well.

But those neon jade greens are something that I so deeply covet. My preecioussss :twisted:

ohaimark
Kingpin

18 Mar 2016, 15:45

Calling that portable is like calling a monster truck fuel efficient.

Relative to a desktop? Yes, I suppose so. Relative to most other gaming laptops? Heh. That is a desktop replacement, man.

shreebles
Finally 60%

18 Mar 2016, 20:30

What I bought today

A '88 grey label Model M in my preferred QWERTZ layout. Much thanks to idollar for finding it, 40€ doesn't seem so bad a price in 2016.

not the actual picture because the real listing is now gone

If hot glue isn't the answer to my SSKs problem, either this or my other full-size M will have to give up it's plastic barrel frame....

Also got the matching mouse from the same seller! Paid 5€, but it's just for funzies :)
again, symbol picture but it looks just like this.

In other news

I also got the G81 that I paid a bit too much on last week :evil:
As expected the keycaps were thick PBT but I forgot that those fuckers have an off-centered bottom row sometimes... This one definitely does... Buyer beware...
Spoiler:

Return to “News”