EK Drops Silent RF Keyboards?

Hypersphere

23 Nov 2014, 18:39

Elitekeyboards.com (EK) no longer has listings for silent versions of Realforce keyboards on its web site.

I have sent an inquiry asking if they are dropping the silent versions and if they are available from any other source. No reply as yet.

Muirium
µ

23 Nov 2014, 18:43

First Filco, now this. Getting the horrible feeling yet that Topre and HHKBs will be as hard to find in the US as over here in Europe?

I think EK's regional exclusive with Topre is coming to an end. But who replaces them? Maybe Topre's teaming up with CM for real distribution!

Hypersphere

23 Nov 2014, 18:56

Yes, EK has been making some mystifying moves, but perhaps their hand has been forced by their suppliers.

First Filco, then Leopold, then RF keycaps, and now silent RF keyboards ....

I have no idea what is going on, but it does indeed appear that it is going to get more and more difficult to get Topre-switch keyboards and keycaps in the US unless Topre is going to have one or more new suppliers over here.

This is all the more strange, because from my perspective at least, it seems that Topre is becoming more popular than ever before among keyboard enthusiasts throughout the world.

Return to “News”