KBC Poker - Status Updates

yakill

11 Jul 2011, 22:25

webwit wrote:If it was prepaid and then they put the group buyers at the end of the queue I wouldn't do a second group buy. It's as simple as that. Note that the publicity generated by the group buys produced the buyers for eBay now.
Full acc.

I consider this a joke, a bad joke... no even worse.

hoggy

12 Jul 2011, 07:08

Well, we don't know if they jumped the queue or not. If they did somehow, it was probably because they had a much larger order and specified a firm deadline.

Of course, it's possible they might iron out a few problems whilst making the ebay batches, it might even be to our advantage.

Either way, we just have to wait.

rouston

12 Jul 2011, 12:43

Yes we have to wait because we're taken as hostages, we don't have the choice and that's unfair from their side to take advantage of this.
I just hope that they will compensate by adding some additional goods like additional red esc, key modifiers, key pullers and some stuff like that.
At least Sixty can ask them as their sense of business seems to be very poor> And I'not talking about client services as it doesn't seem to exist there...

guilleguillaume

12 Jul 2011, 13:16

It seems that iMav package of Pokers have been sent:

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?1616 ... post378662

Hope Sixty will receive the tracking too.

CeeSA

12 Jul 2011, 16:15

than iMav will be busy with the Pokers and the keycaps from Round 3 will disappear in the dirt...

sixty
Gasbag Guru

12 Jul 2011, 18:12

Got confirmation and tracking numbers. Four shipments are on the way to me!

xbb

12 Jul 2011, 19:33

great news finally :)

hoggy

12 Jul 2011, 20:27

Yay!!!

runeazn

12 Jul 2011, 21:34

jsut curious can we also get the tracking numbers?
like imax gave them?

paat

12 Jul 2011, 21:55

runeazn wrote:jsut curious can we also get the tracking numbers?
like imax gave them?
Actually this isn't necessery - in my opinion. I mean sixty keeps us up-to-date. Don't get impatient :) ;)

runeazn

13 Jul 2011, 02:40

it isnt but it would be fun :P

eliOcs

13 Jul 2011, 11:57

sixty wrote:Got confirmation and tracking numbers. Four shipments are on the way to me!
Yay!!! This makes me happy!

db_Iodine

15 Jul 2011, 09:25

db_Iodine wrote:
sixty wrote:Update! The Pokers will ship and leave Taiwan on the 20th. That means you can probably expect yours around the first week of July at the latest!
Yay! My cunning plan of forgetting that I ordered a few Pokers has worked for me perfectly. It hasn't felt like a long wait at all so far.. but it sure will for the next month or so.
Man was I right about this. I've been lurking in this topic for at least a few times a week and for the last two weeks I've dreamt about touching my two beatiful Pokers inappropriately. Hopefully I don't have to wait for too long anymore because now the waiting game is at its worst point - knowing the Pokers are on the way but not being sure when I could get my hands on them...

Anyways thanks for the updates sixty. I always get excited when I see a new post by sixty in this thread.

CeeSA

15 Jul 2011, 09:45

iMav has received the boards and set up the second round for poker broupbuy.

imo we need a promise from the seller for an undelayed delivery before a round two.

lunohod

15 Jul 2011, 19:32

I'd take one with brown switches if someone want to drop out.

db_Iodine

15 Jul 2011, 20:07

lunohod wrote:I'd take one with brown switches if someone want to drop out.
At this point everyone has already paid for the keyboards several months ago. Hop in on the second group buy if there ever will be one. I also presume that one or two Pokers will hit the marketplace here, so you should lurk there too.

NewGuy

17 Jul 2011, 16:35

Are you interested in one with red switches? I've been offline for a few weeks now and expected it to have been delivered already. At this point, I'm not sure that I want to continue waiting.

frankbartoli

17 Jul 2011, 19:51

Hi, im new. Sorry for my english, Im italian.
A question: The group buy is for UK layout of KBC Poker? If yes, I'll wait for the second group. Do You ship in all country of EU?
Thx
Francesco.

Swede

17 Jul 2011, 19:53

NewGuy wrote:
Are you interested in one with red switches? I've been offline for a few weeks now and expected it to have been delivered already. At this point, I'm not sure that I want to continue waiting.
They are shipped, so waiting a week or two more can't really hurt?

NewGuy

17 Jul 2011, 20:08

Swede wrote:
NewGuy wrote:
They are shipped, so waiting a week or two more can't really hurt?
It's not just the wait though, I really needed a new keyboard weeks ago, and my current one is now skipping keys, missing characters, getting stuck on some keys etc.

I'm also unsure if the Poker is what I want now. At the time I ordered, I liked the compact size, cherry reds and low price, but I now have the money that I could just buy a Filco and get one tomorrow.

db_Iodine

17 Jul 2011, 20:43

frankbartoli wrote:Hi, im new. Sorry for my english, Im italian.
A question: The group buy is for UK layout of KBC Poker? If yes, I'll wait for the second group. Do You ship in all country of EU?
Thx
Francesco.
The group buy is for US ANSI layout, and if there ever will be another, it will most likely be the same.

xbb

17 Jul 2011, 21:45

frankbartoli wrote:Hi, im new. Sorry for my english, Im italian.
Thx
Francesco.
Nice to see another italian nerd :p

Swede

17 Jul 2011, 21:59

NewGuy wrote: It's not just the wait though, I really needed a new keyboard weeks ago, and my current one is now skipping keys, missing characters, getting stuck on some keys etc.

I'm also unsure if the Poker is what I want now. At the time I ordered, I liked the compact size, cherry reds and low price, but I now have the money that I could just buy a Filco and get one tomorrow.
Ah, then I understand. I had some doubts myself if I really wanted reds, but reds are sorta hard to get compared to blues (that I thought of switching to) so I just stuck with it. Also I really like the small layout, bought myself an Ortek MCK-86 just to get my bearings right beforehand ;) (might sell it when the poker arrives, will post in market if that's the case)

lunohod

18 Jul 2011, 09:31

NewGuy wrote:
Thanks, but I really want to try brown or maybe blue switches, not red ones.

VladTepes

19 Jul 2011, 11:02

When do you expect to receive the shipments ?
I'll be in vacation by the end of the week so I may need you to send my keyboard to another address.

NewGuy

19 Jul 2011, 13:49

lunohod wrote:Thanks, but I really want to try brown or maybe blue switches, not red ones.
Huh, I thought the main appeal of the Poker was that it was a way to get a hold of a keyboard using MX Red switches as they are so scarce. (and then Filco announced a limited edition board also using MX Reds)

runeazn

19 Jul 2011, 16:02

for me it was cheapness, but now im a little bit regretting it I also could have a filco, even if it was sea mail..
initially i wanted to buy a filco but i wanted to delay it bit as this loofed funny and small to mod.. great time killer till i got more money the filco..

lunohod

19 Jul 2011, 17:02

NewGuy wrote:
lunohod wrote:Thanks, but I really want to try brown or maybe blue switches, not red ones.
Huh, I thought the main appeal of the Poker was that it was a way to get a hold of a keyboard using MX Red switches as they are so scarce. (and then Filco announced a limited edition board also using MX Reds)
Well, I want a mechanical keyboard with tactile feedback. And the Poker is not as expencive as Filco. AFAIR, MX Red switches are almost like MX Black and I don't want them. I'm not a gamer, I'm a software developer. ;)

sixty
Gasbag Guru

19 Jul 2011, 17:53

Three of four shipments have made their way to Germany and are being processed in customs. This can take a while, depending on how the custom officers decide to proceed with the shipments. The fourth shipment is not yet in Germany and its status is currently unknown to me. I expect to receive notification of it soon as well. I will proceed to the customs office and proceed with clearance on the Pokers once all shipments have been processed by the customs.

PS: I apologize for the delays in updating information, but for once there is not much to actually say. Taiwanese tracking does not work properly and there is not much I can update you on besides the state of the packages.

For those that are still awaiting response by email or PM, please bare with me. I have about one hour free per day currently and I am slowly trying to catch up, slowly.

runeazn

20 Jul 2011, 02:27

is the 4th lost O_O?
i suppose it isnt and got delayed?
Last edited by runeazn on 20 Jul 2011, 20:16, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Group buys”