Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

LastBrat

30 Aug 2017, 18:56

Don't worry, LOCKED just means you can't say you want to change you mind and get a refund for these keys, because they are most likely already being produced for you :)

calza

30 Aug 2017, 19:50

It was left overs so shouldn't they just ship? I prompted the bot SHIPNOW two weeks ago

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

30 Aug 2017, 20:00

calza wrote: It was left overs so shouldn't they just ship? I prompted the bot SHIPNOW two weeks ago
I have btw the same problem, I bought leftovers, but they are now locked and still after ~2 weeks not here (also ship now).

zslane

30 Aug 2017, 20:35

7bit might have been on vacation recently?

nowai

31 Aug 2017, 00:14

Plus red, grey, white and black caps from round 6 are not yet produced, even though it's called "leftovers". ETA would be around the end of this year (or early 2018).

mecano

31 Aug 2017, 01:06

zslane wrote: 7bit might have been on vacation recently?
I did not get any postcard! :mrgreen:

shipping this week?

calza

31 Aug 2017, 08:25

nowai wrote: Plus red, grey, white and black caps from round 6 are not yet produced, even though it's called "leftovers". ETA would be around the end of this year (or early 2018).
... Seriously??

so my Red ISO enter from "R6 Leftovers" wont be delivered until the end of the year at best??

caligo

31 Aug 2017, 09:02

calza wrote:
nowai wrote: Plus red, grey, white and black caps from round 6 are not yet produced, even though it's called "leftovers". ETA would be around the end of this year (or early 2018).
... Seriously??

so my Red ISO enter from "R6 Leftovers" wont be delivered until the end of the year at best??
Yes, this is correct. And while the term leftovers might be slightly confusing, this information has been readily avaliable in the wiki as well as in this thread. 7bit has placed an order for x amount of keys; y amount is already part of people's orders, while z amount is keys that are yet to be sold. The latter is what is refered to as R6 'leftovers'. The R5 leftovers are, of course, available for delivery right now since they have already been produced.

Basically, if the minimum order quantity (MOQ) for a certain set at a given price point is, say, 20 orders but only 15 people have ordered said kit, 7bit places an order for 20 kits anyway in the hopes of selling the remaining 5 kits as leftovers. It is how he manages to offer so many kits at such reasonable prices. There are obviously some downsides to the setup as well, but the only other options would be less kits, lots of increases in price for already placed orders, or even longer wait times.

7bit

31 Aug 2017, 09:40

@caligo:
MOQ is multiples of 25 and I reserve 2 keys each to cover potential losses, so usually are 23 available (or 48 etc.)

BTW: When keys have shipped to me and I sorted them, I might find a few extras which means there might be some kits available again.

Also: I shipped all shippable orders yesterday (including 2 MX orders).
:cool:

And: I will be away for 3 weeks and ...
:-)

... this time I will take the bot with me ...
:?

... but because I will have to access to the internet, you will not be able to receive any responses from the bot.
:shock: :mad:

On the other hand, since SP starts production really soon and will (hopefully) have finished production by the end of October, there will not be much of a waiting time for all kinds of HONEYB keys.
:ugeek:

mecano

31 Aug 2017, 10:11

And one MX is me :D TY!
7bit wrote: ... but because I will have to access to the internet, you will not be able to receive any responses from the bot.
:shock: :mad:
Wait wait wait, can't the bot leave the beach by his own, get a taxi or a bike, go to town and get an internet access there?

calza

31 Aug 2017, 11:35

@7bit I ordered HONEYB/ISO/RED from R6, but they are still available on R5, can you just ship that please?

zacheadams

03 Sep 2017, 19:01

I have a super offbeat question, I'm trying to see if I can construct a uniform grey set with Space Cadet alphas and some mods. I know the whites on the legends might not match perfectly, but can anyone tell whether the grey (pictured here: http://www.7bit.info/honeyb/png/Round6_img_6424.jpg) matches with the grey mods from R5 Honeywell?

zslane

03 Sep 2017, 19:32

Space Cadet grey, also known as "SPH grey," is color code GD. Honeywell grey (in both R5 and R6) is color code GPA. They are very similar, but not the same. And, as you pointed out, the legends are different shades of white (WFK vs. WV). IMO they do not "match," they are merely very close. You would be able to tell the difference between them if they were to sit side-by-side on a keyboard.

zacheadams

03 Sep 2017, 19:36

zslane wrote: Space Cadet grey, also known as "SPH grey," is color code GD. Honeywell grey (in both R5 and R6) is color code GPA. They are very similar, but not the same. And, as you pointed out, the legends are different shades of white (WFK vs. WV). IMO they do not "match," they are merely very close. You would be able to tell the difference between them if they were to sit side-by-side on a keyboard.
Thanks - I just did the comparison using SP's pics.

https://imgur.com/0Mj59BJ

Much appreciated.

jae-3soteric

04 Sep 2017, 20:21

I notice full sets of R6 Purple/Cream are now on the leftovers - am I right in saying these HAVE been produced now?

jae-3soteric

04 Sep 2017, 20:21

I notice full sets of R6 Purple/Cream are now on the leftovers - am I right in saying these HAVE been produced now?

zslane

04 Sep 2017, 21:15

Purple and cream were part of "phase 1" which were produced last Fall, so yes they are available now. Bear in mind that 7bit is on vacation for a few weeks and won't be sending out orders for a while.

phinix

05 Sep 2017, 10:11

zslane wrote: Space Cadet grey, also known as "SPH grey," is color code GD. Honeywell grey (in both R5 and R6) is color code GPA. They are very similar, but not the same. And, as you pointed out, the legends are different shades of white (WFK vs. WV). IMO they do not "match," they are merely very close. You would be able to tell the difference between them if they were to sit side-by-side on a keyboard.
I have a sample here - you can clearly see that 2 and 3 are in different color.
I ordered UK set and unfortunately they do not match :roll:
20170215_123924.jpg
20170215_123924.jpg (101.9 KiB) Viewed 6105 times

bluesclera

06 Sep 2017, 16:06

1st timer here. I messaged [7bot] with my order list for Round5 but never got a response(12hrs).
Can those with experience confirm my syntax is correct? Thanks.

HONEY/STANDARD/BLACK
HONEY/TENKLESS/GRAPHITE
HONEY/SPACE625/GREY
HONEY/SPACE625/BLACK
HONEY/CURSORBASE/RED
HONEY/CURSOR/R34/RED
HONEY/F1TOF12/RED
HONEY/FUNCTION/RED
SPH/RETURN225
xxx xxx@hotmail.com
ADDRESS
xxx xxx
xxx xxx
xxx xxx
TORONTO, ON M6H0B3
CANADA
Last edited by bluesclera on 06 Sep 2017, 17:11, edited 1 time in total.

vinnycordeiro

06 Sep 2017, 16:13

bluesclera wrote: 1st timer here. I messaged [7bot] with my order list for Round5 but never got a response(12hrs).

HONEY/STANDARD/BLACK
HONEY/TENKLESS/GRAPHITE
HONEY/SPACE625/GREY
HONEY/SPACE625/BLACK
HONEY/CURSORBASE/RED
HONEY/CURSOR/R34/RED
HONEY/F1TOF12/RED
HONEY/FUNCTION/RED
SPH/RETURN225
blablabla@hotmail.com
ADDRESS
Kai Chan
blablabla
CANADA
First of all: you shouldn't show your address and email publicly like that.

Second: not a single one of the kits on your order is available as a leftover. You should visit the wiki to see which ones you can order: here wiki/R5_leftovers and here wiki/R6_leftovers.

cml

06 Sep 2017, 16:51

bluesclera wrote: 1st timer here. I messaged [7bot] with my order list for Round5 but never got a response(12hrs).

[...]
The syntax looks correct. Look two or three posts above and you'll see both 7bit and 7bot are on holidays.

As cordeiro suggested, maybe posting your address like that on the internet is not a good idea.

Welcome to DT! :)

Edit: forgot to say, you can edit your post to remove your real address by going to the bottom right corner of it and clicking the edit icon.

bluesclera

06 Sep 2017, 17:13

Oh i see. Late to the party as usual.

bluesclera

06 Sep 2017, 17:38

Round5 & 6 leftovers....some slim pickings.

zslane

06 Sep 2017, 20:34

bluesclera wrote: Oh i see. Late to the party as usual.
Sadly, yes.

If I'm not mistaken, the IC/GB for Round 6 began in September of 2014...

LastBrat

06 Sep 2017, 20:45

bluesclera wrote: Oh i see. Late to the party as usual.
I know just how you feel :)

winnja

07 Sep 2017, 23:49

Hi 7bit,

Can you tell me the status of order #690?

Data

08 Sep 2017, 19:15

bluesclera wrote: Round5 & 6 leftovers....some slim pickings.
This is a good thing. He started taking orders for R6 in 2014.

That's right, some of us have been waiting 3 years to get our caps. Fewer leftovers means most of the caps in our round have been paid for, which means they can finally be made. Which means we can finally get the caps we ordered 3 years ago.

So yeah, man. I'd say you're pretty late. :lol:

bluesclera

09 Sep 2017, 17:20

Data wrote:
bluesclera wrote: Round5 & 6 leftovers....some slim pickings.
This is a good thing. He started taking orders for R6 in 2014.

That's right, some of us have been waiting 3 years to get our caps. Fewer leftovers means most of the caps in our round have been paid for, which means they can finally be made. Which means we can finally get the caps we ordered 3 years ago.

So yeah, man. I'd say you're pretty late. :lol:

Production does not start till majority sold? 3yrs since order placed? That's a strange business model.
Besides design, are these SP SA keys higher quality wrt material and finish vs SP SA sets sold elsewhere ie MassDrop?

zslane

09 Sep 2017, 18:14

7bit doesn't have a "business model" per se. He just has his own archaic system for running group buys.

He takes a year deciding what should be in the kits, then opens pre-orders for a year, and then tries to get a production slot at SP. And with the backup they have for double-shot keycaps, that means another year before they are manufactured (in USA), sent (to DE), sorted, packed, and shipped to buyers (worldwide). Everything about this hobby takes forever, not just 7bit's group buys.

SA sets from SP are the same, in terms of materials and quality, no matter who performs the group buy. MassDrop is just another group buy agent in that respect.

Norman_

11 Sep 2017, 04:26

zslane wrote: 7bit doesn't have a "business model" per se. He just has his own archaic system for running group buys.

He takes a year deciding what should be in the kits, then opens pre-orders for a year, and then tries to get a production slot at SP. And with the backup they have for double-shot keycaps, that means another year before they are manufactured (in USA), sent (to DE), sorted, packed, and shipped to buyers (worldwide). Everything about this hobby takes forever, not just 7bit's group buys.

SA sets from SP are the same, in terms of materials and quality, no matter who performs the group buy. MassDrop is just another group buy agent in that respect.
This is both extremely critical and supportive of 7bit at the same time :lol:

To add my 2 cents, i don't necessarily care that it takes a long time, but some additional professionalism on 7bit's part would be nice. He's dealing with way too much money from way too many people here for this to be such a fly by night operation.

Return to “Group buys”