Round 4 / packing (99.8%) / shipping (99.7%)

7bit

24 Apr 2012, 08:32

off wrote:7bit,
Please shed some light; I haven't found the answers in this thread nor the wiki:
RETRO/GAMER/GREY-----41 keys --- 25$
There are 0 orders for this, so I better remove it. It is a gamer kit which comes in the colors of the modifier keys.
off wrote: So this 39 key set is what? and 3x'F' and no 'Q', usure?

ROUND3/GAMER/ORANGE:
Colors are orange on very dark grey (modifiers) and orange on grey (alpha keys).
off wrote: Also pages back you mentioned putting arrow keys for wasd places in one of these kits; has that happened (and is that part of the reason that '39' set has become 41; if so, what keys changed from the pic)?
ZaFuQ- there's also this image of yet another set called retro/gamer... 42 keys though, and has--- see for yourself. :roll:
pic has been uploaded yesterday actually.. now I'm getting worried. row2: Z, F; row3: Q (and J and F with nubs which are already part of standard and tenkless sets)
So what does 'gamer' really include?

what----------------------keys---$
RETRO/SYMRGBYSTD-----30---41 n/a Modifier RGBY Symbols kit
RETRO/SYMRGBYTKL-----30---31 n/a Modifier RGBY Symbols kit
Same kit? Guess the STD should be more expensive or the other cheaper, how much?

'back space' will be embedded like that, not as one word? (finds your gh poll; Backspace 14votes 51.85%)

"6 to 11 orders: price*0.85+1" this goes for single caps too (so stuff <25 a piece)?

There's a lot more questions but I just spend 4+ hours staring through pages regarding round4, and now I'm blank.
Bad request. Buffer overflow. Unspecified error.
Error: Too many questions at a time.

ps: RETRO/GAMER comes in orange on lightgrey, so these key caps make sense.

off

24 Apr 2012, 13:29

7bit wrote:
off wrote:7bit,
Please shed some light; I haven't found the answers in this thread nor the wiki:
RETRO/GAMER/GREY-----41 keys --- 25$
There are 0 orders for this, so I better remove it. It is a gamer kit which comes in the colors of the modifier keys.
off wrote:
  • Also pages back you mentioned putting arrow keys for wasd places in one of these kits; has that happened (and is that part of the reason that '39' set has become 41; if so, what keys changed from the pic)?
    ZaFuQ- there's also this image of yet another set called retro/gamer... 42 keys though, and has--- see for yourself. :roll:
    pic has been uploaded yesterday actually.. now I'm getting worried. row2: Z, F; row3: Q (and J and F with nubs which are already part of standard and tenkless sets)
    So what does 'gamer' really include?
  • what----------------------keys---$
    RETRO/SYMRGBYSTD-----30---41 n/a Modifier RGBY Symbols kit
    RETRO/SYMRGBYTKL-----30---31 n/a Modifier RGBY Symbols kit
    Same kit? Guess the STD should be more expensive or the other cheaper, how much?
  • 'back space' will be embedded like that, not as one word? (finds your gh poll; Backspace 14votes 51.85%)
  • "6 to 11 orders: price*0.85+1" this goes for single caps too (so stuff <25 a piece)?
There's a lot more questions but I just spend 4+ hours staring through pages regarding round4, and now I'm blank.
Bad request. Buffer overflow. Unspecified error.
Error: Too many questions at a time.

ps: RETRO/GAMER comes in orange on lightgrey, so these key caps make sense.
Error specification:
GAMER.jpg
GAMER.jpg (61.1 KiB) Viewed 3933 times
And a gamer kit in the modifier colours sounds bloody wicked, shame noone noticed & went for that.

7bit

24 Apr 2012, 14:12

Some of these keys are for FR, COLEMAK and DVORAK.

They will not fit on FK-5000 (ALPS) but on G80-2551 and some other boards of that kind.

off

24 Apr 2012, 14:21

Alternative layouts, that's nice for them.
But those arrows, only for boards that are not all too commonly used as far as i can tell; that's a real shame, Iwould prefer them for row 2/3/4, with down on 4 too; but your call ofcourse.

*But why no row2 'Q'?

*And what will it be, 'Back Space' or 'Backspace'?

7bit

24 Apr 2012, 14:59

off wrote:Alternative layouts, that's nice for them.
But those arrows, only for boards that are not all too commonly used as far as i can tell; that's a real shame, Iwould prefer them for row 2/3/4, with down on 4 too; but your call ofcourse.

*But why no row2 'Q'?

Backspace and BACK SPACE. It depends on the label style.

If you see Back Space, it is because I did not update these graphics.

WASD, ESDF, ZQSD

off

24 Apr 2012, 15:03

7bit wrote:
off wrote:*But why no row2 'Q'?

WASD, ESDF, ZQSD
Backspace, nice.
find 'r' in 'wasd, esdf, zqsd'
0 results
if R please Q :)

7bit

24 Apr 2012, 15:47

off wrote:
7bit wrote:
off wrote:*But why no row2 'Q'?

WASD, ESDF, ZQSD
Backspace, nice.
find 'r' in 'wasd, esdf, zqsd'
0 results
if R please Q :)
How many will you take if there is a Q in row 2?

pederlol

24 Apr 2012, 17:08

As a programmer, I love this thread.

off

24 Apr 2012, 17:13

only that change, maybe 1.
With all the arrows for alpha instead of very rare arrowblock, just 1.

7bit

24 Apr 2012, 17:21

off wrote:only that change, maybe 1.
With all the arrows for alpha instead of very rare arrowblock, just 1.
Order 3 and I add the missing arrows for the numpad!

7bit

24 Apr 2012, 17:21

pederlol wrote:As a programmer, I love this thread.
????? :? ?????

off

24 Apr 2012, 17:52

7bit wrote:Order 3 and I add the missing arrows for the numpad!
That's a generous offer in light of the normal 'order 25 and I'll do it'; but consider this:

how many of those that ordered the 'gamer' kit are aware that about half the keys are useless to them?

And how many would love to see changes like that? ;)

(I don't know, so speak up people!)

Also, I'd consider ordering more than 1 (of both gamer and std/tenkless) if the prices halved, but that's quite unprobable I'd say. One full set with 3 gamer sets doesn't look anywhere near as good ;)

7bit

25 Apr 2012, 09:15

off wrote:..
Also, I'd consider ordering more than 1 (of both gamer and std/tenkless) if the prices halved, but that's quite unprobable I'd say. One full set with 3 gamer sets doesn't look anywhere near as good ;)
I everybody is considering until prices halved, they will more likely double!

There will not be many extra kits available, once I've ordered!

rosh

25 Apr 2012, 11:24

There is no spacebar which fits the Nopppo Choc Mini, right?

7bit

25 Apr 2012, 11:48

rosh wrote:There is no spacebar which fits the Nopppo Choc Mini, right?
Right.

The options are:
Continue using the Noppoo space bar,
or convert to SPACE7BIT which always fits any keyboard!

off

25 Apr 2012, 11:51

7bit wrote:or convert to SPACE7BIT which always fits any keyboard!
*cough*tipro*cough*

7bit

25 Apr 2012, 12:05

off wrote:
7bit wrote:or convert to SPACE7BIT which always fits any keyboard!
*cough*tipro*cough*
SPACE7BIT contains 1.5 or 1 units, for Tipro use the 4 units spherical space bar.

off

25 Apr 2012, 12:13

seeing how this spherical order is about twice as high as retro.. that would probably look *really* bad. and feel that way.

7bit

25 Apr 2012, 13:00

off wrote:seeing how this spherical order is about twice as high as retro.. that would probably look *really* bad. and feel that way.
To the contrary! The taller the better!

Also, these key caps are thicker than cylindricals, so they last longer.

Minskleip

25 Apr 2012, 14:02

Will the lowquantity fee go away if you order 3 of a kit, or 3 times the number you have already ordered?

7bit

25 Apr 2012, 15:02

Minskleip wrote:Will the lowquantity fee go away if you order 3 of a kit, or 3 times the number you have already ordered?
order 3x (or more) SPH/POS and there will be no low qty fee for your order.Usually, it will be cheaper to order 3-4 times an item instead of just one plus the low qty fee.

The idea behind this is to encourage people to order more.

:-)

kbdfr
The Tiproman

25 Apr 2012, 15:48

If I order 9 SPH/SPACETIPRO instead of 5, will there be no low quantity fee?
And will the price per unit remain the same?
That would be a zero-sum game...

7bit

25 Apr 2012, 16:35

kbdfr wrote:If I order 9 SPH/SPACETIPRO instead of 5, will there be no low quantity fee?
And will the price per unit remain the same?
That would be a zero-sum game...
There is no low quantity fee for space bars anymore (except SPACEBIT). But taking 9 would be nice anyway!

zero-sum game: It is better if people order more for less money.
:?

7bit

25 Apr 2012, 16:40

OK, here comes NEO (first version). Please don't kill me if it is not what you think NEO should be!

I'm an outlandish guy using more or less ANSI layout for all of his life and only for a short period of time switched over to an alternative layout (7BIT layout actually :ugeek: ). I don't even know where they speak that languge for which NEO has been made ...
:roll:
Attachments
NEO.png
NEO.png (18.68 KiB) Viewed 3728 times

RC-1140

25 Apr 2012, 16:44

Not looking bad.
7bit wrote:I don't even know where they speak that languge for which NEO has been made ...
Well, your own. :lol: It's an ergonomically designed layout optimized for German in first place, English in second and for programmers as third.

off

25 Apr 2012, 16:52

Soooo, let me get this straight... :twisted:
Anything that has a custom legend and is below 25 orders is at least 1.6 times the price noted in the wiki.

Is that correct, or is it still that price when a legend is shared between multiple caps (perhaps even multiple styles)?

Or, is it that only after you've ordered you will now for sure what the caps cost themselves, and then around when you ship the stuffs you'll know how much that was, and you'll refund part of what's been overpaid*?

*assuming that the 34,- ship/cover/whatever together with the duplicate low quantity fees add up to overpaying

Hope I'm not too annoying. These are still awesome caps, and this still seems like a crapton of work (50+k caps wth), and I'm not expecting you're doing it for free, and I still digg that you're doing all this. ;)

7bit

25 Apr 2012, 17:04

RC-1140 wrote:Not looking bad.
7bit wrote:I don't even know where they speak that languge for which NEO has been made ...
Well, your own. :lol: It's an ergonomically designed layout optimized for German in first place, English in second and for programmers as third.
I think the concepts of what is considred 'ergonomic' might differ a bit.

gorkypl

25 Apr 2012, 17:32

What are the expected shipping costs?

7bit

25 Apr 2012, 17:34

gorkypl wrote:What are the expected shipping costs?
The $34 contain all shipping for any quantity!
If there are more orders, the $34 will be lower and finally go away :dreamin: .

Zehkul

25 Apr 2012, 18:32

7bit wrote:OK, here comes NEO (first version). Please don't kill me if it is not what you think NEO should be!
Looks nice indeed! * on the O key is a bit off. Dead keys are missing, too, but I don’t really know what to do about them, either. RC-1140 suggested this.
The different font on ‚ „ compared to ‘ “ and ’ ” looks strange, too, kinda. Funny that SP can’t do ℓ :lol: (And ſ :lol:)

Return to “Group buys”