[SHIPPING] Granite Set ~ 100% PBT ~ Dye Sub ~ DSA

matt3o
-[°_°]-

12 Jul 2014, 18:10

I believe it's keycool 84.

rapax24

12 Jul 2014, 18:16

matt3o wrote: I believe it's keycool 84.
you're right :D

Muirium
µ

12 Jul 2014, 18:18

It's a thin frame of white around Granite now! Voila!

Madhias
BS TORPE

12 Jul 2014, 19:47

I need that yellow WIN cap.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

12 Jul 2014, 20:12

I will probably get rid of mine. I have to take pictures first...

jdeblese

13 Jul 2014, 05:47

Hah, got home and there was a box waiting for me.

Haven't checked them all, but the ones I've pulled out seemed pretty good. Put one set on my dox, a mix of icon and text legends, but a better picture will have to wait until tomorrow.

EDIT: picture removed, better ones below.

I got a mono international instead of a standard mono, but I'm having some second thoughts about mono legends, and mono international does include a space invader....
Last edited by jdeblese on 13 Jul 2014, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.

janvkn

13 Jul 2014, 14:34

They look and feel great on my Poker II

matt3o
-[°_°]-

13 Jul 2014, 14:53

nice pictures! May I use them as reference material in a sonn-to-come project?

jdeblese

13 Jul 2014, 15:22

Light's better now:
Above
Above
IMG_4484_mod.jpg (312.93 KiB) Viewed 4296 times
Side
Side
IMG_4485_mod.jpg (271.79 KiB) Viewed 4296 times

Muirium
µ

13 Jul 2014, 15:28

Mmm… looks like sweet, sweet icing on a cake!
matt3o wrote: nice pictures! May I use them as reference material in a sonn-to-come project?
## ROUND 5 RUMORS : BREAKING NEWS ###

You heard it here folks! The wildly popular PBT Granite group buy — organised, designed, manufactured and shipped while Round 5 slept — is getting its own Round 2! Insiders indicate that work on this hotly anticipated second release will begin "soon". Before Round 5 finally ships? Could be. Before the Sun goes supernova and engulfs the Earth in a fiery embrace? We sure hope so!

janvkn

13 Jul 2014, 15:29

matt3o wrote: nice pictures! May I use them as reference material in a sonn-to-come project?
Sure!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

13 Jul 2014, 15:55

jdeblese wrote: Light's better now:
oh I need your pictures as well :)
Muirium wrote: ## ROUND 5 RUMORS : BREAKING NEWS ###

You heard it here folks! The wildly popular PBT Granite group buy — organised, designed, manufactured and shipped while Round 5 slept — is getting its own Round 2! Insiders indicate that work on this hotly anticipated second release will begin "soon". Before Round 5 finally ships? Could be. Before the Sun goes supernova and engulfs the Earth in a fiery embrace? We sure hope so!
no comment.
janvkn wrote:
Sure!
THANKS!

janvkn

13 Jul 2014, 15:58

@matt3o those were just pictures taken with my phone by the way. I made some quick high res pictures with my DSLR too and put them in this gallery: https://imgur.com/a/jqfD2

You can use those too if you want.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

13 Jul 2014, 16:01

wow... your phone pictures are better than any picture I could take with any DSLR camera :D

thanks!

Madhias
BS TORPE

13 Jul 2014, 16:05

Really nice pictures, janvkn! Granite goes very well or even better with light / white cases!

jdeblese

13 Jul 2014, 16:06

matt3o wrote:
Go for it. I may post them somewhere as well, but I assume that won't be a problem.

Are you building a portfolio?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

13 Jul 2014, 16:11

jdeblese wrote:
matt3o wrote:
Go for it. I may post them somewhere as well, but I assume that won't be a problem.

Are you building a portfolio?
thanks. Of course the images are yours, you can use them anyway you want. Now that I think of it would be nice to add them to my resource site (I will go live soon with some DIY-keyboard resources).

Anyway these are for another project... There you go http://keypuller.com/granite/ but please it's early alpha access, it's just a stub, a long data entry work awaits.

scottc

13 Jul 2014, 16:13

The domain name is great matt3o, I really like it.

Muirium
µ

13 Jul 2014, 16:15

Nice site you built there! Now I'll have something even juicier to link to whenever people ask me about my UNATTAINABLE caps. Sweet!
Spoiler:
Last edited by Muirium on 13 Jul 2014, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

13 Jul 2014, 16:17

scottc wrote: The domain name is great matt3o, I really like it.
Muirium wrote: Nice site you built there! Now I'll have something even juicier to link to whenever people ask me where I got my UNATTAINABLE caps. Sweet!
thanks! I couldn't believe the domain was available :) I took it right away!

btw, I will need help from all of you to fill the DB... if you fancy...

Muirium
µ

13 Jul 2014, 16:17

Sure, show me the path…

matt3o
-[°_°]-

13 Jul 2014, 16:21

Muirium wrote: Sure, show me the path…
I'm working on the submission form right now, have to hurry before the CNC arrives :D

We might have some users with admin access to filter/correct/review submission, but I don't know what kind of response this site will receive. So... one step at a time. Next would be the news site of course :)

scottc

13 Jul 2014, 16:21

matt3o wrote: btw, I will need help from all of you to fill the DB... if you fancy...
I just happened to get my hands on a friend's fancy DSLR for the first time today!

I don't have any very fancy keycap sets, though, just some normal stuff. What kind of things do you need?

Muirium
µ

13 Jul 2014, 16:24

Wonder what the policy is for mockups? I could handle Round 5 and Round 5 Extras, if you like, but we're short of product shots.

Round 4 SPH is, I suspect, the right place to start…

matt3o
-[°_°]-

13 Jul 2014, 16:33

scottc wrote: I don't have any very fancy keycap sets, though, just some normal stuff. What kind of things do you need?
we are basically at ground-0, so anything would work! Even standard stuff. Of course don't mix keysets. One shot should picture keycaps coming from the same set only.
Muirium wrote: Wonder what the policy is for mockups? I could handle Round 5 and Round 5 Extras, if you like, but we're short of product shots.

Round 4 SPH is, I suspect, the right place to start…
I'd say, only already produced stuff.

maybe better to open a dedicated thread...

scottc

13 Jul 2014, 16:43

matt3o wrote:
scottc wrote: I don't have any very fancy keycap sets, though, just some normal stuff. What kind of things do you need?
we are basically at ground-0, so anything would work! Even standard stuff. Of course don't mix keysets. One shot should picture keycaps coming from the same set only.
Great. Right now, my boards mostly have a mixture of different Cherry sets because of odd keysizes, etc, but I have a complete G80-2500 with Polish legends that should be pretty interesting. I might also get a few shots of my colourful SSK if you want non-Cherry stuff.
matt3o wrote: maybe better to open a dedicated thread...
I think so!

snoopy

13 Jul 2014, 16:45

janvkn wrote: @matt3o those were just pictures taken with my phone by the way. I made some quick high res pictures with my DSLR too and put them in this gallery: https://imgur.com/a/jqfD2

You can use those too if you want.
can't wait for round 2 after seeing those pics... :twisted:

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

13 Jul 2014, 19:06

@matt3o: your project is really something :D I like it, and I like the mobile compatibility.
And I like the fact that the Vim key has it's place in the Novelty section :D Maybe also the Debian will get a place ;)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

13 Jul 2014, 19:14

DanielT wrote: @matt3o: your project is really something :D I like it, and I like the mobile compatibility.
And I like the fact that the Vim key has it's place in the Novelty section :D Maybe also the Debian will get a place ;)
thanks! and that's just the beginning! I want to let people vote for their favorite sets and possibly add keycaps news and of course a search engine... depends if the project gets some traction.

I wanted to open a thread about keypuller.com but these projects of mine are not usually welcomed by the admins :P

PS: Do you have more pictures I can use of the VIM key btw?

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

13 Jul 2014, 19:26

There is one photo here http://deskthority.net/group-buys-f50/v ... 04-30.html . I'm not good at taking photos, if you like it you can use it.
I like your project, for me a keyboard without nice caps even if it has great switches is no fun. So a knowledge base about caps is something great, it's on my Favorites now :D

Return to “Group buys”