17 x CST Kidtrac trackballs. ALL SOLD!

Do you want to wait for the additional 3 trackballs. (only vote if you are in the group buy)

Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes: 9

Stabilized

16 Mar 2015, 16:46

Just tried the Port 60/64 emulation option, but still doesn't work :(

I think the best thing is if I find another computer to try it on and wait until my adapter comes.
Did look inside, but everything seemed to be properly seated.

andrewjoy

16 Mar 2015, 16:48

what converter did you order ?

photekq
Cherry Picker

16 Mar 2015, 16:53

Received! Thanks Andy!

Does anyone know how I can make the green button enable scrolling with just a single click, rather than having to hold it down for 2 seconds?

Stabilized

16 Mar 2015, 16:54

Just got a cheap one from eBay, ordered before you recommend that other one.

Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320551669754? ... EBIDX%3AIT

scottc

16 Mar 2015, 16:56

I've got one of those ones, Stabilized, and it works pretty well for keyboards at least.

andrewjoy

16 Mar 2015, 17:02

I had one like that and the mouse on my compaq rack mount cherry did not like it , you never know tho, many products prob use the same case

pexon

16 Mar 2015, 19:36

Got mine in the post at 11:30 this morning, the postie came early this morning!

Working great, although I can't use it yet, gotta give it a nice clean up! Can't have other peoples finger dirt when I use it! Gotta hook myself a nice cable for it too; thinking of doing a little detachable mod for it. Once its cleaned, lubed and modded up (with the 7 ball too), I will get some pics sorted.

Thanks again for organizing this Andrew, great job brother!

HzFaq

16 Mar 2015, 19:39

Yup, mine came today as well to much derision from the Mrs -"did you get it from Legoland" she says...

Works great though, it's going to take a bit of getting used to before it comes into work with me I think though.

Also, pexon, any chance of getting in on the detachable cable train? ;).

chzel

16 Mar 2015, 19:52

HzFaq wrote: Yup, mine came today as well to much derision from the Mrs -"did you get it from Legoland" she says...
You can always use the Mondrian card!
:roll:

pexon

16 Mar 2015, 20:27

HzFaq wrote: Yup, mine came today as well to much derision from the Mrs -"did you get it from Legoland" she says...

Works great though, it's going to take a bit of getting used to before it comes into work with me I think though.

Also, pexon, any chance of getting in on the detachable cable train? ;).
Lol sure thing brother. Let me see what the internals are like tomorrow

HzFaq

16 Mar 2015, 20:39

Ta, I'm also thinking about hacking another 5 button mouse and USB hub into the shell as the lack of scroll wheel is a reet ballache.

pexon

16 Mar 2015, 20:49

Yea, the lack of scroll wheel is well weird. Perhaps a bit of tweaking to get the middle green button to act as scroll wheel?

HzFaq

16 Mar 2015, 20:52

I couldn't think of a decent way of doing that without some firmware shenanigans...I figure it'll be much easier (for me anyway) to stick another mouses PCB in there with a scroll wheel and mouse 4&5 buttons poking out of the side.

pexon

16 Mar 2015, 20:59

Look forward to seeing it :D

HzFaq

16 Mar 2015, 21:13

Indeed, should be a fun little mod.

Halvar

16 Mar 2015, 21:32

IBM or Lenovo made these nice mice, I could imagine using one of these should a tinkering urge take me:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Lenovo-Blue-Illu ... 2ed88ebf0a

pexon

17 Mar 2015, 00:02

More pics and mods tomorrow, hopefully

andrewjoy

17 Mar 2015, 10:42

I expect custom cables up the wazoo !

chzel

17 Mar 2015, 12:04

Cables up the wazoo? That's a vice I've never heard of!

Halvar

17 Mar 2015, 12:14

My trackball arrived today already, which is the fastest shipment I ever got from the UK I think... :D

Nice balls, too -- looking forward to testing it tonight.

Thanks Andrew for doing this!

andrewjoy

17 Mar 2015, 12:24

Halvar wrote: My trackball arrived today already, which is the fastest shipment I ever got from the UK I think... :D

Nice balls, too -- looking forward to testing it tonight.

Thanks Andrew for doing this!

That was with second class post sent on Sat !! thats crazy !

Stabilized

17 Mar 2015, 12:28

Second class post is a weird thing, I am sure that sometimes they chuck it in the back of a warehouse to fester for a couple of days before delivering to punish you for not buying first class; then other times it's just as fast!

andrewjoy

17 Mar 2015, 12:40

Ahh i would not be surprised, you should have seen the guy at the post office , he was the most confused man i have ever seen.

"wait! they are going to different countries ? ( after i had passed them all to him) you will have to take them back , give me just the ones for the UK but not the big one!"
"they are all different weights we will have to weigh them all you know"
"did you get a job lot of trackballs ?"

The look on he face was just priceless when i tuned up with the 2 huge bags
Attachments
IMG_20150314_105211.jpg
IMG_20150314_105211.jpg (910.83 KiB) Viewed 4345 times

BlueBär

17 Mar 2015, 12:46

I got a similar reaction when I proxied springs from sprit...

Received mine today. Seems like it has quite a bit of acceleration - is it the sensor or can it be changed via software? Also, the functionality of the middle mouse button is really weird :D

andrewjoy

17 Mar 2015, 13:08

you can turn mouse acceleration off in your OS i have not noticed any on the mac or on BSD

and yes the middle mouse button is strange . I guess its quite hackable the controller is socketed , CST sound quite nice i bet if you asked they would give you the specs / pinout of the IC

BlueBär

17 Mar 2015, 15:24

I have mouse acceleration turned off of course, and I never noticed any with my DA3. I noticed a lot of acceleration with the trackball though: Open paint or any other painting program, go on the left edge of the layer, press the middle button to start drawing. Rest your finger on the left edge of the ball and move it slowly until you hit the right edge of the ring holding the ball. Do the same thing again, but this time fast. I'm getting about 3 times as far...

Madhias
BS TORPE

18 Mar 2015, 11:01

Got the package today! Great condition, I have to try it out now...

andrewjoy

18 Mar 2015, 11:03

nice wrist rest!

Madhias
BS TORPE

18 Mar 2015, 11:16

It's the one from Filco! Fits to the SSK too, maybe a little bit too small, but I really like it.

Stabilized

18 Mar 2015, 13:11

Just wanted to update on my PS/2 trackball: just got my adapter (the ultra cheap £1.35 one) and it works perfectly ;)

Must be my PS/2 port on my motherboard which is broken, I tried another PS/2 mouse in it and it didn't register either; strange...

Return to “Group buys”