PBT dyesubs 104/105 sets round2 (complete)

Gilgam

03 Jun 2013, 20:01

cookie wrote: Is it just me or are this mixed language keys look like a bunch of angry faces to you?
No that one is happy.
keycap EU3.jpg
keycap EU3.jpg (1.71 KiB) Viewed 5554 times
Happy germans, could you ever imagine that :-)

Halvar

03 Jun 2013, 20:44

Gilgam wrote: Happy germans, could you ever imagine that :-)
Ö

usopia

04 Jun 2013, 00:12

...häppy ümlauts. :D

Acanthophis

04 Jun 2013, 00:45

Ivan, I still don't know if 1x1 B row singles in white (like the alphas) are available. Are they?

IvanIvanovich

04 Jun 2013, 03:36

I don't think so, but I will make sure with imsto.

IvanIvanovich

06 Jun 2013, 15:07

Current orders:
Black US: 14
Black DE: 3
Black ES: 1
Black FR: 1
Black NO: 1
Red US: 10
Red DE: 3
Blck/Chrcl: 1
Irish US: 7
Ural: 12
Miami US/UA: 4
Miami Ltd: 15
Miami ES/UA: 2
Scandinavia: 4
Blank: 14

Total: 92

Still a long way to go.

7bit

06 Jun 2013, 15:20

Wow! A multistyle group buy with language choices!
:ugeek:

Will they be made by SP, or GMK, or someone else?
:?

LechnerDE

06 Jun 2013, 15:27

They will be dyesubbed by IMSTO in china. Thick PBT like the original Cherry stuff.

Come on 7Bit get the German sets! We need every order :)

Acanthophis

06 Jun 2013, 15:36

IvanIvanovich wrote:I don't think so, but I will make sure with imsto.
Thanks, let me know the outcome.

7bit

06 Jun 2013, 15:52

Keycaps? Meh!
:mad:

I can't see key caps anymore. I will pull the caps off some Alps keyboard and type on the switches.
:o

Naked Alps are much more pleasant to type on than Cherry.
:-)

LechnerDE

06 Jun 2013, 15:54

7bit wrote: Naked Alps are much more pleasant to type on than Cherry.
Blasphemy!!

;)

maxmalkav
dye hard

06 Jun 2013, 16:16

7bit wrote:Keycaps? Meh!
:mad:

I can't see key caps anymore. I will pull the caps off some Alps keyboard and type on the switches.
:o

Naked Alps are much more pleasant to type on than Cherry.
:-)
NMB Hi-Tek/space invaders switches are the new ALPS :ugeek: (excuse me just having a big crush on the clicky ones)

Talking about the PBT sets, we really need an ISO enter keys dealer!

IvanIvanovich

06 Jun 2013, 16:30

Right dyesub with imsto for easy 20 MOQ for each legends choice. The missing ISO enter truly is an annoying issue I know. If there is enough ISO order we could do a matching blank ABS ISO enter order with GMK for better than nothing. It would be 300 keys divided by however many ISO set orders. I still don't think it would cost that much extra if say 100 ISO order.

IvanIvanovich

22 Jun 2013, 20:31

Options have changed. Please resubmit your order. Sorry to do this again!

All designs that were previously offered that did not have at least 10 orders as of today were cut. Single keys are only available as E row profile. The B row 1.25 turns out is only available in blue which doesn't match with anything... so I make decision not to offer.

nanu

22 Jun 2013, 21:08

In for some. I'd like to get an idea of what the Black (Mac version) looks like simply because I dislike the Win8 logo. Is it still available (because it's in the form)?

IvanIvanovich

22 Jun 2013, 22:30

Just finished new options mock ups, now in OP. In regard to Mac version, I used what seemed to be the most 'standard' adaptation on 104 PC keyboards. If this is 'wrong' according to most of consensus it can be adjusted as needed.

maxmalkav
dye hard

23 Jun 2013, 02:07

We won't have proper ISO ES dyesub sets, never ever, sad but true :(

Thanks Ivan for offering that option, a shame we wouldn't find enough interest in the Spanish speaking community.

IvanIvanovich

23 Jun 2013, 02:09

Maybe if I can ever find a source for PBT Cherry profile ISO enter the situation will change. I am pretty sure that was a huge turn off for most that may have bought sets otherwise.

usopia

23 Jun 2013, 02:33

maxmalkav wrote:We won't have proper ISO ES dyesub sets, never ever, sad but true :(

Thanks Ivan for offering that option, a shame we wouldn't find enough interest in the Spanish speaking community.
...same problem here in germany with ISO-DE. :(

IvanIvanovich

23 Jun 2013, 03:38

Vintage Cherry DE sets are more possible to find sometimes even for cheap if you are diligent on ebay. Otherwise outside of Italian Olivetti, other language seem to be very rare in Cherry dyesubs complete usable not typewriter sets indeed.

damorgue

23 Jun 2013, 04:01

Yeah. Ducky recently launched some ISO PBT, but they are OEM profile and cold white or completely black. I have some lasered PBT ISO enters but they won't really match, and they are a bit yellow-toned as well.

nanu

23 Jun 2013, 04:03

IvanIvanovich wrote:Just finished new options mock ups, now in OP. In regard to Mac version, I used what seemed to be the most 'standard' adaptation on 104 PC keyboards. If this is 'wrong' according to most of consensus it can be adjusted as needed.
I take it back... are those updated mockup keys fully colored, or monochrome? Please be accurate.

My personal preference (which probably isn't the majority's):
blank > Win7 flag logo >>> Win8 flag logo >> Win9x flag logo

The eternal issue of tacky winkeys is why I'll take a blank set (even though I'm wanting only the 1.25x keys from it...)

IvanIvanovich

23 Jun 2013, 05:11

What you see is in mock ups what it will be in the actual set. Asides for some small color error that I need to fix on Ural and Miami sets everything is pretty accurate. I use same legend files for mock up that I will be submitting for production.

Halvar

23 Jun 2013, 10:53

IvanIvanovich wrote:Vintage Cherry DE sets are more possible to find sometimes even for cheap if you are diligent on ebay.
As you mention it: now I'm in need of a Moogle kit ... one with nice colorful Windows keys would be a dream ... ;)
But I understand there probably won't be enough interest for that.

EDIT: ok I just read on GH that Imsto doesn't have any beige singles at all. Never mind.

rindorbrot

23 Jun 2013, 13:54

I'm in the same position as Halvar :)
But I take a blank set as moogle kit and the blank alpha keys I will probably give to me colleague.
Sad about the single keys, too. I really like the Retro Windows key style :(

Would it maybe possible to get the singles from SP? Altough then the profile will not match...

IvanIvanovich

23 Jun 2013, 15:41

You can get RGB set, it give you most of what need for 1.25 mods. Maybe make due with some laser set PBT win and menu key for a little bit.
Getting SP is not something I will do.

santino

24 Jun 2013, 19:02

Did I get it right, there is a ISO 105 keys option with blue german key legends? And the only thing that is missing is the enter key? Will they fit on a wasd-keyboard? I had problems fitting original cherry g80 keycaps on it.

Halvar

24 Jun 2013, 19:09

No, the only ISO set left after the cleanup is the Nordic set, and thats mixed colors on white caps. Just look at the OP.

santino

24 Jun 2013, 20:09

Ok thanks for the reply. Too bad I would really like some blue caps.:)

czarek

25 Jun 2013, 15:49

First time I see Cherry PBT Dye Subs with a Mac layout. I just cannot pass on that.

Return to “Group buys”