Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

01 Feb 2014, 23:54

mrobinson7627 wrote:I've got some questions, and hopefully they haven't been answered before. Are the caps "tilted" in any way? I forget the term for this, but basically is the angle the same on all the caps? I want arrows where hjkl currently is, but I'm not sure if it would be possible to just get an arrow set, and put them in place of hjkl.

Second question, is there going to be another round in the future with the blue caps again? I believe they were in round 4.

Thanks!
Hi! The caps are indeed tilted, each row is using standard conventions for the family as shown in the manufacturer documentation: http://www.keycapsdirect.com/pdfs/SAFamily.pdf
Row 1 is the number row, row 2 is qwerty etc. The exception is the shift keys, which will be row 3 (no tilt/angle) as row 4 moulds aren't available for all the required key sizes. The spacebar row is also designed using all row 3, all spacebars over 4 key units wide will use the special space bar shape. This group buy is (as far as we know) a world first in achieving a full standard 87/101/104 set using these conventions with Signature Plastic's SA family - the blue SPH Repair kit is included to get those keys in new moulds made specifically for this buy.

A great thing about this buy is the flexibility it offers for non standard layouts, which for three of the available alpha key colours can certainly accomodate your hjkl arrows. asdf row is row 3, so HONEY/CURSOR/R3 will give you the keys you need in grey, HONEY/CURSOR/R3/RED for red or HONEY/CURSOR/R3/BLACK for black.

If you need white arrows, it's a bit more difficult. White modifier keys were only a very late addition and haven't had time/been popular enough/are too expensive with everything else to get special cursor kits. There are the UP LEFT DOWN RIGHT keys in the white sets which could work, though I've forgotten which row the UP key is in these sets so you will need to check with someone who knows! Another approach would be to get HONEY/NUMERIC7/WHITE twice - this has < > keys in the appropraite row 3 which would also do the job. If you specifically want white arrow keys, you will need to hassle 7bit with a very big order - the more unpopular white mod kits were supposed to be removed yesterday I think.

As for the blue caps, I think it's unlikely round 4 stuff will be re-run - several of us have asked for this and 7bit has consistently refused. Perhaps someone else might... If we were doing another blue high profile spherical key group buy, personally I would really like a replica of the Data General Dasher terminal's keys, as I keep mentioning:
Spoiler:
Hope that helps!

mrobinson7627

02 Feb 2014, 00:57

facetsesame wrote:
mrobinson7627 wrote:I've got some questions, and hopefully they haven't been answered before. Are the caps "tilted" in any way? I forget the term for this, but basically is the angle the same on all the caps? I want arrows where hjkl currently is, but I'm not sure if it would be possible to just get an arrow set, and put them in place of hjkl.

Second question, is there going to be another round in the future with the blue caps again? I believe they were in round 4.

Thanks!
Hi! The caps are indeed tilted, each row is using standard conventions for the family as shown in the manufacturer documentation: http://www.keycapsdirect.com/pdfs/SAFamily.pdf
Row 1 is the number row, row 2 is qwerty etc. The exception is the shift keys, which will be row 3 (no tilt/angle) as row 4 moulds aren't available for all the required key sizes. The spacebar row is also designed using all row 3, all spacebars over 4 key units wide will use the special space bar shape. This group buy is (as far as we know) a world first in achieving a full standard 87/101/104 set using these conventions with Signature Plastic's SA family - the blue SPH Repair kit is included to get those keys in new moulds made specifically for this buy.

A great thing about this buy is the flexibility it offers for non standard layouts, which for three of the available alpha key colours can certainly accomodate your hjkl arrows. asdf row is row 3, so HONEY/CURSOR/R3 will give you the keys you need in grey, HONEY/CURSOR/R3/RED for red or HONEY/CURSOR/R3/BLACK for black.

If you need white arrows, it's a bit more difficult. White modifier keys were only a very late addition and haven't had time/been popular enough/are too expensive with everything else to get special cursor kits. There are the UP LEFT DOWN RIGHT keys in the white sets which could work, though I've forgotten which row the UP key is in these sets so you will need to check with someone who knows! Another approach would be to get HONEY/NUMERIC7/WHITE twice - this has < > keys in the appropraite row 3 which would also do the job. If you specifically want white arrow keys, you will need to hassle 7bit with a very big order - the more unpopular white mod kits were supposed to be removed yesterday I think.

As for the blue caps, I think it's unlikely round 4 stuff will be re-run - several of us have asked for this and 7bit has consistently refused. Perhaps someone else might... If we were doing another blue high profile spherical key group buy, personally I would really like a replica of the Data General Dasher terminal's keys, as I keep mentioning:
Spoiler:
Hope that helps!
Thanks a ton! That's everything I need.

tricheboars

02 Feb 2014, 11:01

Paid!

Very nice options on this buy. i got a legend set for my ergo dox. very excited!

Muirium
µ

02 Feb 2014, 11:26

Legends? All I see are blank ERGO kits. Unless you made one for yourself out of ALPHA kits etc.

7bit

02 Feb 2014, 13:48

madhias wrote:What's about the 31st of January deadline regarding the white stuff?
Who cares about deadlines?
:?

Kits of the day:
HONEY/SHIFT275/RED
price: $4

HONEY/SPACE400
price: $5

HONEY/TENKLESS125
price: $78

HONEY/STDISO/BASE/WHITE
price: $159

HONEY/NUMOP/BLACK
price: $9

HONEY/MOD150/BLACK
price: $17

:o

ninjadoc

02 Feb 2014, 16:57

7bit - I can hear you now - " Deadline? We don't need no stinking deadline! It's my group buy!"

Had to say that! :) Just don't extend forever is all I ask - close it down before March please or we'll all lose interest. You've seen way to much of my money!

tricheboars

02 Feb 2014, 19:06

if i paid my invoice and then have added things to my order since then and got an invoice with all items combined i should just pay the difference on what i have paid and my new total right?

for instance i got an invoice and paid it for 107.12. then i added some things to my order this morning. now my new total is 146.64. so 146.64 - 107.12 = 39.52.

so i should just be able to pay the 39.52 and be good right?

Muirium wrote:Legends? All I see are blank ERGO kits. Unless you made one for yourself out of ALPHA kits etc.
yes i picked out some really nice sets for my dox. for reference this is what i got which should cover all my switches on my dox in a number of different configurations.

SPH/TAB150
SPH/BACKSPACE150
SPH/BACKSPACE200
HONEY/TKL/BASE/BLACK
HONEY/ALPHA
HONEY/MOD150/RED
HONEY/MODEXTRA100
HONEY/CURSORBASE/RED
HONEY/SHIFT200/RED
HONEY/SPACE150/RED
HONEY/SPACE625
HONEY/ERGOKEY/R1
HONEY/ERGOKEY/R3
BLANK/R3U200/RED
BLANK/R3U200/BLACK

yea... i am pretty stoked for this. gotta paint my aluminum top plate white to really finish the look i am going for.

collector of junk

02 Feb 2014, 22:15

I may want to order more .am I better to make a new order having paid for my original order ????

tricheboars

02 Feb 2014, 23:01

Is there place more suited to ask these order questions?

shrapneL

02 Feb 2014, 23:07

Probably just send 7bit a PM

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

02 Feb 2014, 23:31

tricheboars wrote:if i paid my invoice and then have added things to my order since then and got an invoice with all items combined i should just pay the difference on what i have paid and my new total right?

for instance i got an invoice and paid it for 107.12. then i added some things to my order this morning. now my new total is 146.64. so 146.64 - 107.12 = 39.52.

so i should just be able to pay the 39.52 and be good right?
collector of junk wrote:I may want to order more .am I better to make a new order having paid for my original order ????
As I understand it... You get one order per bot per username, so you can order, pay, and then order more and pay off the extra, and potentially keep going... Amounts under (I think) $20 aren't usually payable on their own because of the payment processing costs, so only pay when you're very sure you're done. There will be instructions in the invoice e-mail about when and who to pay.

Indeed, if you're not sure and you want an official answer, ask 7bit.

Actually I agree that posting questions in the topic is messy, but hey, we've been doing it for 110 pages so I don't see any harm in carrying on! ;)

beltet

03 Feb 2014, 01:39

How big difference in colour will the graphite keys be beside the Round 4 grey keys? Just a estimate. I know that you can't know it now :roll:
Mirium? You have the honeywell and Round 4 keys right? Can you take a picture with those beside each other? So that I can examine the hue(?) between them.

EDIT: Found the color sample thread and got my answer. Back to ordering :D

tricheboars

03 Feb 2014, 04:15

ok i sent the remaining balance to that email address stated in email invoice. thanks for the help. super psyched about these caps.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

03 Feb 2014, 10:22

paypal is giving me an error when i try to make a payment; not sure if the account is working now?

7bit

03 Feb 2014, 12:37

facetsesame wrote:Actually I agree that posting questions in the topic is messy, but hey, we've been doing it for 110 pages so I don't see any harm in carrying on! ;)
Please post here first, so maybe someone else can give an answer.
:-)
sth wrote:paypal is giving me an error when i try to make a payment; not sure if the account is working now?
Maybe the wrong currency (EUR instead of USD) or the wrong payment method (like gift or so?).

Tr1ckzz

03 Feb 2014, 15:43

Is there no confirmation on orders/deliveries yet?..

7bit

03 Feb 2014, 16:20

If you left out the e-mail address: no.

Just follow the instruction in the wiki and add your e-mail; address to your order:
email@yourdomain.gfdshgfs

Yslen

04 Feb 2014, 00:34

7bit, ages ago you said there would be tracked/insured shipping options, what happened there?

7bit

04 Feb 2014, 13:55

I'm still working on this. There is already something like this in your invoices:

Code: Select all

==============================================================
      Your order will be shipped insured, with tracking,
      in 1 pack, at a weight of 6842g.

Or

Your order will be shipped uninsured, without tracking,
      in 1 pack, at a weight of 245g.

Or

in 10 packs, at a weight of 8369g.
:o

The first is within EU. Because one DHL Paket is cheaper than several up to 1kg letters, I will ship insured with tracking at no extra costs.
:cool:

The 2nd example is cheaper to ship as letter.
:-(

The 3rd example is still cheaper to ship in 10 <1kg letters, because it goes to East Asia.
:shock:

Remark:
The weight is still only the key caps, not including the package material.
:roll:

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

04 Feb 2014, 16:49

7bit wrote:
sth wrote:paypal is giving me an error when i try to make a payment; not sure if the account is working now?
Maybe the wrong currency (EUR instead of USD) or the wrong payment method (like gift or so?).
no fliffin' chance. tried again today. have you been in contact with the owner of that account? maybe they got 'dealt with'. :cry:
"We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now."

fart_toast

04 Feb 2014, 16:49

Are all EU orders with tracking?

Muirium
µ

04 Feb 2014, 16:50

Mine is. 2 kilos of it! If the white mods make it.

tricheboars

04 Feb 2014, 17:10

sth wrote:
7bit wrote:
no fliffin' chance. tried again today. have you been in contact with the owner of that account? maybe they got 'dealt with'. :cry:
"We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now."
sth i had that same issue when i was trying to send paypal money with their mobile app on android. but the straight up web version worked for me and i sent two payments for this buy on sunday. i sent the money to that korean dude in the invoice.

Kouni

04 Feb 2014, 17:17

Nope :

in 1 pack, at a weight of 442g.
Depends on the weight of your order, I suppose.

fart_toast

04 Feb 2014, 18:50

Kouni wrote:
Nope :

in 1 pack, at a weight of 442g.
Depends on the weight of your order, I suppose.

Cool, ty.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

04 Feb 2014, 21:59

tricheboars wrote: sth i had that same issue when i was trying to send paypal money with their mobile app on android. but the straight up web version worked for me and i sent two payments for this buy on sunday. i sent the money to that korean dude in the invoice.
we might have different proxies but i used the website and it didn't work. this is my second payment.

chechilln

04 Feb 2014, 22:12

I have never done a purchase like a group buy on here so could someone explain how payment works? I really want to get in on this group buy, but I don't want to order anything till I found out exactly how to pay. The wiki clearly outlines how to order (which is awesome), but I couldn't find anything on payment (where to send, what method to send with, etc.). Does it tell you how after you place an order?

trankzen

04 Feb 2014, 22:24

Well from what I gather the Paypal situation is a bit fuzzy, as 7bit needs more people collecting the money for him, it seems.
If you do happen to live in Europe, then the straightforward method is to do a SEPA wire transfer to 7bit's account. All you have to do is to add a line with the word PAYEUR to your message to the bot and it'll reply with the necessary info (IBAN and bank name and address) plus some data you WILL have to add as text on a line by itself with your wire transfer (my bank clerk helped me with that).

Wait a few days and the bot will eventually send payment confirmation. Don't worry, it might seem a bit scary but this is might first group buy as well and so far it has been a smooth ride (although I ended up overpaying a bit, oh well)

ray4jc

04 Feb 2014, 22:33

Maybe 7bit should have used SP's new group buy system :lol: :D

It would have been a good test for it.

Muirium
µ

05 Feb 2014, 10:48

Oh? Tell us more!

Edit:
http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/ ... t7402.html
Great news!

Anyway, it's too late to be asking for row 3 alphas again, I assume? Won't someone please think of the Ergodox!
http://deskthority.net/post146229.html#p146229

@Chechilln: yes, payment info comes in your email from 7bot. So you have to place an order to see how it works. Nothi g scary though. You can back out by just ignoring it!

Return to “Group buys”