Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

Muirium
µ

08 Feb 2015, 16:48

facetsesame wrote: For sure, that case idea is absolutely form over function.

A 15 degree angle is between the short (12 degrees) and tall (18 degrees) foot settings on the old IBM 122s. I've tried this but not for any extended use, at the 18 degree level it's tolerable but does seem extreme. I imagine it was a more useful feature at the time for users transitioning from similar equipment.

And with the Hammond case you'd also have a considerable front height of about 1.5" to deal with. I can see why building the things into the desk (well, desk/terminal/printer/computer) was a real option.

Regardless, for the moment there's little to no danger of me being able to go ahead with this. Eventually I'll be looking into a flatter and shorter cast frame idea which might be more useful and saner.

Beyond that I've been thinking about how a keyboard adjustable to any height and angle could work, something like a pcb assembly frame. Better still, miniature adjustable assemblies for each row. This could be a way to get around the SA-on-straight-stems problem highlighted by jacobolus.

It's easy to suggest ideas, including ones I won't be able to make work.

Nice source, Facet! From the link:
New keyboard
- A new modifiable keyboard with 122 keys provides 24
individual program function (PF) keys, a numeric pad in
adding machine layout, and cursor-move keys positioned in a
cross pattern for easier use.
- Keyboard layout can be modified by the customer to fit
application requirements.
- Low-profile, movable keyboard with coiled cable has an
adjustment for use at any of three angles of inclination: 6,
12, or 18 degrees.
6 degrees is definitely my preference. I never extend the legs on my IBMs.

I do most of my typing standing up, with my keyboard up against the front edge of my "standing desk" (a four storey IKEA Malm chest of drawers), where my elbows are a good bit higher up than the keyboard and my arms move freely, without resting on anything. I switched to this thanks to upper back problems I was getting from exclusively sit-down work.

Works well for me. Though I should mention that I never extended keyboard legs back in my old desk and chair days either. My wrists just won't let me type for long if they're angled upwards. So I surely won't be making a Hammond keyboard for myself!

whitecitadel

09 Feb 2015, 10:08

7bit wrote:
whitecitadel wrote: Hows the sorting?
10% done.
You need a status bar

Code: Select all

|||>>>>>>>>>>>****************||| 47% Sorted
7bit wrote:
whitecitadel wrote: Hows the missing ones from SP coming along?
They promised to not interrupt production anymore ...
Did they keep that promise?

7bit

10 Feb 2015, 13:48

How should I know?
:?

I think I should ask ...
:roll:

whitecitadel

10 Feb 2015, 14:51

Well if someone sent you a few hundred kilo's of caps they did, if you didn't get anything I would go with no?

Hows the sorting? Yes I know I asked twice but its been like forever and we are all a bit excited ;)

shawndumas

11 Feb 2015, 17:31

can we have some more pics please; thanks

Madhias
BS TORPE

11 Feb 2015, 22:11

Again i am looking what's left :)

Madhias
BS TORPE

12 Feb 2015, 14:50

Hm, i would need something like the HONEY_NUMROW_WHITE_OVR kit which i already have, but the black version of it:

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

14 Feb 2015, 00:12

Madhias wrote: Hm, i would need something like the HONEY_NUMROW_WHITE_OVR kit which i already have, but the black version of it:

I don't think this quite exists :cry: Can't get close enough with the legends or the colours.

Want to run it in an Extras Round 2? :lol:

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

14 Feb 2015, 00:23

Thanks to a prompt by Daniel Beardsmore, here's some more colour inspiration from a '73 Cherry product catalogue on the wiki:
Cherry B80 series keyboard.jpg
Cherry B80 series keyboard.jpg (93.52 KiB) Viewed 10330 times
Cherry Products '73.jpg
Cherry Products '73.jpg (134.49 KiB) Viewed 10330 times
Last edited by facetsesame on 14 Feb 2015, 11:50, edited 1 time in total.

madereth

14 Feb 2015, 02:13

I think I got a couple Round 5 rejects in my crap bag:

pederlol

14 Feb 2015, 10:45

Hi!

For us not following the progress every day, what is the current status?

Muirium
µ

14 Feb 2015, 11:49

Take a guess.

Correct!

7bit

14 Feb 2015, 11:57

madereth wrote: I think I got a couple Round 5 rejects in my crap bag:

These are 0.5 EUR each. I put them on your invoice ...
:evilgeek:

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

14 Feb 2015, 13:37

pederlol wrote: Hi!

I was inclined to ask SP myself, but right now it's a weekend followed by a national holiday, so I will wait!

7bit, would it be possible to to split my CherryMX order as follows?
Switches and keyboard: shipping status ROUND5
Round 5 grab bag keys: shipping status SHIPNOW

SL89

14 Feb 2015, 13:40

Ummm... B80 replica... please?

7bit

14 Feb 2015, 13:52

facetsesame wrote:

I was inclined to ask SP myself, but right now it's a weekend followed by a national holiday, so I will wait!

:o :shock: :mad: :? :lol:

Yes, why not?
:-)

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

14 Feb 2015, 15:08

7bit wrote:
facetsesame wrote:

:o :shock: :mad: :? :lol:

Yes, why not?
:-)
Damn! I saw this post on the Spy and hoped you were replying to SL89! :o

Ok, thank you, that's great! Caps ahoy!
I guess that means another $4 shipping payment! I'll request an invoice to check where I need to send it.

SL89

14 Feb 2015, 15:34

facetsesame wrote: Damn! I saw this post on the Spy and hoped you were replying to SL89! :o
Let's make it happen Facet 8-)

madereth

14 Feb 2015, 18:08

7bit wrote: These are 0.5 EUR each. I put them on your invoice ...
:evilgeek:
That's it? I'd expect to have to pay more of a premium considering I'm getting them a year before the rest of my caps...

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

14 Feb 2015, 18:43

SL89 wrote:
facetsesame wrote: Damn! I saw this post on the Spy and hoped you were replying to SL89! :o
Let's make it happen Facet 8-)
Woah...
Caps: Round 5? :D Or GMK M8 12mm? :o
Custom case fabrication: I'm not sure where to start :oops:

Madhias
BS TORPE

15 Feb 2015, 07:08

The longer i wait for the caps the more i want them! I created now a template, to play a little bit, and arrange what i can do with my order. It's fun, i have many options and color combinations. The fact that the main theme is just white and grey is timeless and maybe will not get boring fast.

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

15 Feb 2015, 16:48

Madhias wrote: The longer i wait for the caps the more i want them! I created now a template, to play a little bit, and arrange what i can do with my order. It's fun, i have many options and color combinations. The fact that the main theme is just white and grey is timeless and maybe will not get boring fast.

Great idea! I ought to make a template of the kits I have to play with, a visual reference is much more fun than just checking items on lists and then trying to recreate them in keyboard-layout-editor every time.

That looks a fine 1800. Now you're making me think about re-decking out my 11900!
facetsesame wrote: I guess that means another $4 shipping payment! I'll request an invoice to check where I need to send it.
I got the invoice, but it's paid up to the penny. Can you please confirm who the current PayPal collector is?

Madhias
BS TORPE

15 Feb 2015, 17:07

facetsesame wrote: That looks a fine 1800. Now you're making me think about re-decking out my 11900!
I like this layout, and i am participating in a group buy for an aluminum 1800 layout keybaord, namely the TX1800. I wanted to use a keyboard with more keys for the Round 5 caps.

Making a template is great! I started it yesterday, and if you have an arrangement it is very fast to create layouts or just play with virtual colored caps. I hope we will sometimes play with real Round 5 caps :twisted:

bakteria

16 Feb 2015, 20:23

Hi, I've recieved 2 invoices this week and just wanted to let you know I will be paying the 5.8 euro I owe later this week.

RadikulRAM

17 Feb 2015, 20:37

Hey guys,

Are the Round 5 red keys the same colour as the Round 5a reds?

I really want this shade: http://deskthority.net/w/images/3/39/Ro ... im1265.jpg

Muirium
µ

17 Feb 2015, 20:50

That image is poorly white balanced. Round 5 red is RAS, which looks more like this:

http://deskthority.net/photos-f62/round ... %20samples

I did the colour matching for 7bit. RAS is a nice rich, but still very full red. It's not crimson or ruddy. Anyway, I think 5a is using the same colours. The wiki seems to say so.

RadikulRAM

17 Feb 2015, 21:38

Hmm... I think I might use Rit dye, to dye the caps a crimson shade.

dotdrew

17 Feb 2015, 22:03

Damn those colours look sweet. Can't wait for this set to come in.

On another note, how difficult would it be to add another key to my Round 5 leftovers order if I've already paid for it?

Halvar

17 Feb 2015, 23:40

dotdrew wrote: Damn those colours look sweet. Can't wait for this set to come in.
Couldn't say it any better ... ;)
On another note, how difficult would it be to add another key to my Round 5 leftovers order if I've already paid for it?
The bot always welcomes ordering more! That's very deep in its circuits.

You just send a new PM to the bot with just what you want to add.

Caution: if you want to add more of something you already ordered, you have to write the TOTAL number that you want behind the in the PM, not what you want to add.

For example:

HONEYB/NEWKEYSET
HONEYB/THATKEYSETIALREADYORDERED 2
HONEYB/THATKEYSETIDONTWANTANYMORE 0

RadikulRAM

18 Feb 2015, 00:34

The Row One [HONEYB/R1U150/RED] has Row two written in its image. Is this a mistake, or is Row Two commonly used in size 150 keys to go on Row One?

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Round_5a#.5 ... 7C_.241.29

Return to “Group buys”