Madhias
BS TORPE

26 Feb 2015, 05:41

7bit wrote: [IMAGES NSFW]
:cool:

Legend:
:mrgreen: : good, corrected legend
:mad: : not good, needs correction
Saved the pictures to be able to dream and imagine how it would be to feel these caps! Great to see everything in one place.

I followed now the discussion about the red RAS color, and find it is truly an intense red. It is darker than I would have imagined though, but that's way better. The color swatches don't say that much to me, easier to see it paired with legends.

Halvar

26 Feb 2015, 07:42

I don't think you can trust the colors in SP's proof pics.

Madhias
BS TORPE

26 Feb 2015, 07:51

Of course, but I looked again on the color swatches, and realized that RAS is rather a darker, richer red. Did not really looked at it before in that way.

Ace
§

26 Feb 2015, 09:49

I have absolutely no idea what this thread is..................

7bit

26 Feb 2015, 09:59

You can order, post-order and pre-order key caps!
:o

Kits that start with HONEY/ and BLANK/ are yet to be delivered leftovers
and HONEYB/ are kits for pre-orders.
:?

Can't be simpler!
:roll:

7bit

26 Feb 2015, 10:15

Apropos this is the leading color scheme:
:ugeek:

Followed by this one:
:cool:

The SPH-blue stuff (Space Cadet style) is a sure thing, while the Cream-Violett style is only half-ways through.
:-) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :o

chalks

26 Feb 2015, 10:40

About a week ago I got my first mechanical keyboard, a Novatouch,and now I find myself here. (I know what took me so long :D )

Does it make sense visually and profile wise to combine keys in HONEY leftovers and HONEYB? For instance are the colours exactly the same? And do both sets have the SA profile?

I ask because I can get the layout I want (UK in black) while saving a few dollars compared to ordering it all in HONEYB. The downside, if I've understood things correctly, is that HONEY leftovers will arrive much sooner than HONEYB and so will be teasing me for months on end :)

7bit

26 Feb 2015, 10:50

Yes, HONEY and HONEYB are the same key family and profiles.

Red, grey, black and white are the same colors as Round 5 Honey and
blue and SPH-grey are the same as SPH-style of Round 4.

New are violett and cream!

chalks

26 Feb 2015, 12:17

Great! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I shall place an order in the next day or two once I've double checked I've selected enough kits for a full layout.

JohnVenture

26 Feb 2015, 13:21

7bit wrote:
Spoiler:
Legend:
:mrgreen: : good, corrected legend
:mad: : not good, needs correction
Aaah I can't believe they've made the accent letters centering mistakes again! Does it mean orders with these parts will have to wait until SP sends corrected keycaps?

Muirium
µ

26 Feb 2015, 13:57

Yeah, are those pictures production samples (to be corrected) or FINAL product? (To, uh, be corrected.)

SL89

26 Feb 2015, 15:17

7bit, do you have MOQs availible for everything else besides Cadet and Cream? Even ballpark figures or percentages would be fine.

7bit

26 Feb 2015, 16:14

JohnVenture wrote: Aaah I can't believe they've made the accent letters centering mistakes again! Does it mean orders with these parts will have to wait until SP sends corrected keycaps?
They will do the correction within the next week, unless a PMK group buy interrupts the production ...

alarmschaben

26 Feb 2015, 16:19

What I can't get my head around is whether they didn't understand the claims you made since they made the same mistakes again.

Or were they trying to get away with it?

7bit

26 Feb 2015, 16:29

It seems they don't have an understanding how it should be done right, so everything needs an explaination.
:roll:

:shock:

dotdrew

26 Feb 2015, 18:07

SL89 wrote: 7bit, do you have MOQs availible for everything else besides Cadet and Cream? Even ballpark figures or percentages would be fine.
I second this, if purple and cream is only half way I dread to think how white and grey are doing :o

7bit

26 Feb 2015, 19:41

I do not wonder about this, because Round 5 has just finished production, so people don't want the same stuff again.

It is a bit difficult to say anything about the Round 5a orders.
HONEYB/ALPHA/WHITE is included in HONEY/TKL, so there are 8 orders for HONEYB/ALPHA/WHITE.
HONEYB/ALPHA/RED is just 1 order.
HONEYB/ALPHA/BLACK 4.
HONEYB/ALPHA/GREY 3.

HONEYB/ALPHA/SPH (grey) is 30 orders!
HONEYB/TKLBASE/BLUE has 36 orders!
HONEYB/ALPHA/BLUE 11.

HONEYB/ALPHA/CREAM 12 orders.
HONEYB/TKLBASE/VIOLETT 10.
HONEYB/ALPHA/VIOLETT 3.

This shows already what I said:
blue/grey and violett/cream are leading.

What I most presumably do, is to run those 2 color schemes has one group buy and the rest as another, that will follow the first.
:-)

Maybe I will rename Round 5a to Round 6, who knows.
:o

PS: If you want to know about MOQ: 25 keys, but at this stage if we have just 1-12 orders for a kit, I'm quite sure by when they ship there are enough orders together!
;-)

6.25 units space bars are a good measure:

Code: Select all

HONEYB/SPACE625/WHITE      |  7|    6|USD|Space (6.25 units; white)
HONEYB/SPACE625/GREY       | 11|    5|USD|Space (6.25 units; grey)
HONEYB/SPACE625/RED        |  2|    6|USD|Space (6.25 units; red)
HONEYB/SPACE625/BLACK      |  6|    6|USD|Space (6.25 units; black)
HONEYB/SPACE625/SPH        | 26|    2|USD|Space (6.25 units; grey)
HONEYB/SPACE625/BLUE       | 34|    2|USD|Space (6.25 units; blue)
HONEYB/SPACE625/VIOLETT    |  7|    6|USD|Space (6.25 units; violett)
HONEYB/SPACE625/CREAM      |  8|    6|USD|Space (6.25 units; cream)

SL89

26 Feb 2015, 19:44

Thank you for all of that. If SPH and Cream ended up standing alone from the others that would work very well.

scottc

26 Feb 2015, 19:48

I ordered TKL/CREAM, is that split into ALPHA/CREAM and TKLBASE/VIOLETT in your metrics?

If my sets would be delayed for a later run, I will probably go back to SPH or CADET just to get them sooner...

7bit

26 Feb 2015, 20:06

Yes. There are also some single keys, or mini kits that contribute a few more keys.

Muirium
µ

26 Feb 2015, 20:39

Round 5a. HONEYB.

Argh!

SL89

26 Feb 2015, 21:27

Muirium wrote:Round 5a. HONEYB.

Argh!
Don't tweak too hard, maybe we can come up with a great pun name for this sub group.

7bit

26 Feb 2015, 21:35

When I split Round 5a, I will call them Round5a1 and Round5a2, featuring HONEYB- and HONEYC-style kits.
:evilgeek:

Muirium
µ

26 Feb 2015, 21:36

Well at least it's not a mistake any more…

7bit

26 Feb 2015, 22:06

What do you mean "mistake"?
:?

HONEYB looks and sounds better than HONEYA.
;-)

Muirium
µ

26 Feb 2015, 22:08

Then call it Round 5B. The letter either means something or, argh!

Data

26 Feb 2015, 22:26

Hehe... OCD

Yslen

26 Feb 2015, 22:30

Not just OCD: even as a long time follower of round 5 I only figured out recently that 5a = honeyb

Return to “Group buys”