Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

snoopy

27 Oct 2013, 19:41

I'm a bit confused with row3 and row4 stuff. is it correct that there is no row 4 iso left shift and no row 4 g80-1800 style right shift? and what about a row4 fn key to place next to right shift? Or maybe I'm blind?

sorry if these are stupid questions, but this is the first time I'm considering buying complete sets and all these options and rows confuse me.

tlt

27 Oct 2013, 19:50

Is it accurate that HONEY/ALPHA/RED is all row 3?

Game Theory
Mr. Despair

27 Oct 2013, 20:00

I think the honey alpha red are likely to all be row 3 because that way it supports the most number of languages.

Game Theory
Mr. Despair

27 Oct 2013, 20:15

snoopy wrote:I'm a bit confused with row3 and row4 stuff. is it correct that there is no row 4 iso left shift and no row 4 g80-1800 style right shift? and what about a row4 fn key to place next to right shift? Or maybe I'm blind?

sorry if these are stupid questions, but this is the first time I'm considering buying complete sets and all these options and rows confuse me.
I think for 1.25 modifiers only row 3 is possible from Signature plastics. According to an old post by 7bit
Row 3: modifiers get out of the way (this is the only option for 1.25 units keys)
SA row profiles

7bit

27 Oct 2013, 20:19

snoopy wrote:I'm a bit confused with row3 and row4 stuff. is it correct that there is no row 4 iso left shift and no row 4 g80-1800 style right shift? and what about a row4 fn key to place next to right shift? Or maybe I'm blind?

These SHIFT keys exist:
1, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75, 2, 2.25, 2.75 units.
Only 1, 1.5, 1.75 and 2 units keys exist in a row 4 variant. It would look a bit asymmetric if there where a 1.25 units, row 3 key on the left and a 1.75, row 4 key on the right.

Result: Modifiers below row 3 are all row 3.
:o
tlt wrote:Is it accurate that HONEY/ALPHA/RED is all row 3?
Yes, but I'm re-thinking the legends.

snoopy

27 Oct 2013, 20:32

7bit wrote:

These SHIFT keys exist:
1, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75, 2, 2.25, 2.75 units.
Only 1, 1.5, 1.75 and 2 units keys exist in a row 4 variant. It would look a bit asymmetric if there where a 1.25 units, row 3 key on the left and a 1.75, row 4 key on the right.

Result: Modifiers below row 3 are all row 3.
thx!
last question: is the "up"-key in tenkless also row3? If not, then it would look strange on boards like mx mini.

7bit

27 Oct 2013, 20:36

I think I should make it row 3 as well.

On my Tipro, I use row 4 for UP and row 2 for LEFT, DOWN, and RIGHT. It was a mistake by SP but I really like it that way and there will be a kit with row 2 keys for the bottom row.

BTW:

MODIFIER, MODIFIEREXTRA and MOD* and MODEXTRA* are now available:

Code: Select all

HONEY/MODIFIER       |      4|   59|USD|Modifier kit
HONEY/MODIFIEREXTRA  |       |   59|USD|Modifier extra kit
HONEY/MOD100         |      1|    9|USD|Modifier 1 unit kit
HONEY/MOD125         |       |   18|USD|Modifier 1.25 units kit
HONEY/MOD150         |       |   18|USD|Modifier 1.5 units kit
HONEY/MOD175         |       |    9|USD|Modifier 1.75 units kit
HONEY/MOD200         |       |   12|USD|Modifier 2 units and larger
HONEY/MODEXTRA100    |       |   19|USD|Modifier Extra 1 unit kit
HONEY/MODEXTRA125    |       |   12|USD|Modifier Extra 1.25 units kit
HONEY/MODEXTRA150    |       |   29|USD|Modifier Extra 1.5 units kit
HONEY/MODEXTRA175    |       |   16|USD|Modifier Extra 1.75 units kit
HONEY/MODIFIER contains all modifier keys of STANDARD and TENKLESS and
HONEY/MOD100-HONEY/MOD200 are a partition of HONEY/MODIFIER.

HONEY/MODIFIEREXTRA are additional keys not in STANDARD or TENKLESS and HONEY/MODEXTRA1* are a partition of HONEY/MODIFIEREXTRA.

nathanscribe

27 Oct 2013, 21:00

Just a heads-up: HONEY/FUNCTION contains both CUT and PASTE but not COPY. COPY was included in R3. Not sure if this is an oversight ( :-? ) or a deliberate omission ( :shock: )

7bit

27 Oct 2013, 21:03

I think I've just taken Round 4 SPH/FUNCTION and surely it was missing there, becuase it was already in the TERMINAL kit.

I add it ...

Dubsgalore

27 Oct 2013, 21:06

I think Honeywell actually looks really, really nice.

going to have to do a lot of considering before ordering this.. nice work 7bit!

gropingmantis

27 Oct 2013, 21:21

Are there any kits that have a Row1 1xDelete key? If there was a red one in HONEY/FUNCTION/RED (to go with the 1xBackspace) that would be the single most awesome kit in this groupbuy.

7bit

27 Oct 2013, 21:30

Added.

Muirium
µ

27 Oct 2013, 21:31

Man, you are on a mission! HONEY/FUNCTION/RED is truly the most excellent of a fine lot. Packed with sweet red symmetry.

7bit

27 Oct 2013, 21:35

All the red stuff:

Code: Select all

Order-ID             |Ordered|Price|Cur|Description
HONEY/ALPHA/RED      |      4|   49|USD|ALPHA kit in red
HONEY/NUMERIC/RED    |      2|   25|USD|Numeric red kit
HONEY/FUNCTION/RED   |     15|   19|USD|Function red kit
HONEY/F1TOF12/RED    |      1|   15|USD|F1-F12 in red
HONEY/JRET/RED       |      5|    5|USD|J-Return key (red)
HONEY/RETURN225/RED  |      3|    4|USD|Return (2.25 units; red)
HONEY/SPACE150/RED   |       |    4|USD|Space (1.5 units; red)
HONEY/SPACE400/RED   |       |    5|USD|Space (4 units; red)
HONEY/SPACE625/RED   |      8|    5|USD|Space (6.25 units; red)
HONEY/SPACE700/RED   |      3|    5|USD|Space (7 units; red)
HONEY/KBDRUNNER/RED  |      5|    1|USD|Keyboard runner key (row 3; red)
HONEY/LOTUSESC/RED   |      5|    1|USD|Lotus key (row 1; red)
:oops:

I wonder if it is now possible to cover a complete keyboard with red keys.
:roll:

tjweir

27 Oct 2013, 21:45

Awww yeah. This is shaping up so well!

7bit

27 Oct 2013, 21:56

I'm thinking of spitting up ALPHA/RED into just real alpha keys (A-Z plus ÄÅÆ etc) and normal punct keys (like {[ }] etc.).

For the fans of one legend per key, there is an additional NUMERIC kit already.

mystichobo

27 Oct 2013, 22:45

Hey guys, never done a group buy before, but is it possible to order and put my name in and not put an address?

I'm not sure that I'll be in the same country (let alone the same address) at shipping time as my current visa runs out about then, but I'd be happy to pass along an address via email or whatever closer to the shipping date.

7bit

27 Oct 2013, 22:50

Incognito wrote:... arrow keys missing...
I'm not a big fan of arrow keys.

Let's see ...
mystichobo wrote:Hey guys, never done a group buy before, but is it possible to order and put my name in and not put an address?

I'm not sure that I'll be in the same country (let alone the same address) at shipping time as my current visa runs out about then, but I'd be happy to pass along an address via email or whatever closer to the shipping date.
You can submit your address later, but please don't forget, or I've got to run after you to get your address, once it comes to shipping.

7bit

27 Oct 2013, 22:59

People interested in languge kits:
SE 11
DE 9
UK 9
DVORAK 4
DK 3
NO 3
IT 3
COLEMAK 2
ES 1
PT 1
FR 1
BEPO 1
NEO 1

Based on this, at least in the PUNCT/RED kit, I will throw out support for ES and PT and put them into a separate kit. Not 100% sure but I think DVORAK and COLEMAK are supported based on the fact that all keys are row 3.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

27 Oct 2013, 23:08

I really don't need these, I have plenty of spherical by now, I'm not even a big fan of the color scheme... but... I don't know why I need to get some anyway...

rindorbrot

27 Oct 2013, 23:14

I'd prefer some arrow keys instead of "up" "down "right" "left", too.

snoopy

27 Oct 2013, 23:32

support for the upcoming 40% smallfry keyboard would be nice. maybe more people here that plan to buy it?
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47133.0

If I'm correct, the only things that are currently missing would be a row2 escape (maybe red) and that smaller return (I think it's 1.75?)

nathanscribe

27 Oct 2013, 23:32

rindorbrot wrote:I'd prefer some arrow keys instead of "up" "down "right" "left", too.
I concur. The original Honeywell board we're referencing has them:

7bit

27 Oct 2013, 23:37

snoopy wrote:support for the upcoming 40% smallfry keyboard would be nice. maybe more people here that plan to buy it?
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47133.0

If I'm correct, the only things that are currently missing would be a row2 escape (maybe red) and that smaller return (I think it's 1.75?)
Looks very much like Hyper Micro, except for the stupidly long space bar!
:mad:

ESCAPE and DELETE in row 2.
TAB 1.25 units and ENTER in 1.75 units.

These are 4 extra keys.

Are there many interested in a special kit with this layout?
:?

phetto
Elite

28 Oct 2013, 00:04

Have they fixed the off-size key issue with these keycaps?

7bit

28 Oct 2013, 00:13

phetto wrote:Have they fixed the off-size key issue with these keycaps?
You mean: 2 instead of 2.25 units and 2.5 instead of 2.75?
Yes.

Here is the HONEY/FORTY (price: $39):
:ugeek:

Vierax

28 Oct 2013, 00:23

7bit wrote:Added!
Vierax wrote:I think HONEY/ALPHA/RED miss the "<>" key (near left shift) to be compatible with qwertz and other layouts.
And it could be wise to add deepdished keys in this set (at least a pair of blank to add dvorak and colemak compatibility)
The idea was to put only one legend on a key, but I think it is not so good. I will make a new version which contains more normal keys.
I was thinking about a simple "<" key : since it's row 3, it can be turned in every direction <VΛ>

iAmAhab

28 Oct 2013, 00:28

Vierax wrote:
7bit wrote:Added!
Vierax wrote:I think HONEY/ALPHA/RED miss the "<>" key (near left shift) to be compatible with qwertz and other layouts.
And it could be wise to add deepdished keys in this set (at least a pair of blank to add dvorak and colemak compatibility)
The idea was to put only one legend on a key, but I think it is not so good. I will make a new version which contains more normal keys.
I was thinking about a simple "<" key : since it's row 3, it can be turned in every direction <VΛ>
The cross on the mx stem does actually not allow you to mount keys "sideways".

Vierax

28 Oct 2013, 00:49

7bit wrote:People interested in languge kits:
SE 11
DE 9
UK 9
DVORAK 4
DK 3
NO 3
IT 3
COLEMAK 2
ES 1
PT 1
FR 1
BEPO 1
NEO 1
Sadly it seems that I'm the one bépo user still alive here :( Gilgam where are you ?
Based on this, at least in the PUNCT/RED kit, I will throw out support for ES and PT and put them into a separate kit. Not 100% sure but I think DVORAK and COLEMAK are supported based on the fact that all keys are row 3.
PT layout ever includes a Ç key : only a few for a bépo support :þ
As I said, the row3 kit just lacks the deepdished variants to be plenty usable in colemak and dvorak but you didn't add any deepdished at all, even F and J so if you wont this set is complete.
iAmAhab wrote:The cross on the mx stem does actually not allow you to mount keys "sideways".
It's possible with every profile but more useful and aesthetic with a flat one as on a POS kb. Just test it.
Last edited by Vierax on 28 Oct 2013, 06:18, edited 1 time in total.

===

28 Oct 2013, 02:27

7bit wrote:
phetto wrote:Have they fixed the off-size key issue with these keycaps?
You mean: 2 instead of 2.25 units and 2.5 instead of 2.75?
Yes.

Here is the HONEY/FOURTY (price: $39):
Not to be too pedantic, but 40 is spelt "forty," not "fourty." :idea:

Return to “Group buys”