Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

7bit

28 Aug 2015, 16:47

No, it is the other way round. SPH-grey and BLUE are old and GREY/WHITE/RED/BLACK where new in Round 5. We already had VIOLETT space bars (for VPX's sphericals group buy, which was the first ever).
:-)

dyger

28 Aug 2015, 16:48

7bit wrote: Please remove those ugly stickers from your Think Pad and put an IBM-sticker on!
:mad:

:ugeek:
It's my company laptop so I'm not allowed to do that :(
andrewjoy wrote: that looks like an asset tag , what numpty would put an asset tag ( especially a cheap ass paper one like that ) on the wrist rest.

EDIT

( looks like it has the SAP log on it , ewwweee SAP kill it with fire)
I don't understand why the white one has to be paper either. They managed to make the SAP equipment number one like the intel and Windows sticker.

I also seem to be the only person in the world that has no problem with SAP software. :lol:

7bit

28 Aug 2015, 16:57

The inventory sticker is OK (but should be on the backside). But the rest: The people who installed these where just too lazy to remove them. So, it is your task to clean it up!

axtran

28 Aug 2015, 16:59

7bit wrote: No, it is the other way round. SPH-grey and BLUE are old and GREY/WHITE/RED/BLACK where new in Round 5. We already had VIOLETT space bars (for VPX's sphericals group buy, which was the first ever).
Do you recommend SPH or GREY personally? I can't find pictures of the differences (digging through the Cappening). I was mixing White, Grey, Blue, and Red, I hope it goes together!

The second set that I was planning is Black, Grey (or SPH, if you recommend), and Red.

Phill1

28 Aug 2015, 17:04

The white, grey, black and red all use the same colors of white/black

Violet and SPH/Blue all use the same shade of cream

They'll probably look fine if you mix them, but those ones match exactly

axtran

28 Aug 2015, 17:08

Phill1 wrote: The white, grey, black and red all use the same colors of white/black

Violet and SPH/Blue all use the same shade of cream

They'll probably look fine if you mix them, but those ones match exactly
Thanks! I'll adjust my design now... ;)

7bit

28 Aug 2015, 18:08

:roll:

If there is an SVG-graphics for Signature Plastics expert around, who can make some special SVG graphics, please pm me.

Muirium
µ

28 Aug 2015, 18:24

Those kits aren't useful to me, incidentally. Only HANDNAV. I like to use keys for more than decoration.

7bit

28 Aug 2015, 18:25

Yes, I'm working on it. I just wanted to show the difference between GREY-grey and SPH-grey.

BTW:

These orders shipped today:
:?

Muirium
µ

28 Aug 2015, 18:33

Cool!

I need to set up a board with both greys, Facetsesame style, and shoot it for the Cappening. Let's see if these clouds break…

zslane

28 Aug 2015, 20:00

The way I think of "SPH-grey" is that it is the grey/cream combo (alphas) specifically meant to pair up with blue/cream (mods) to re-create Symbiosis or Space Cadet (or their more mundane cousin, "Spherical" aka SPH). Not sure why anyone would want that particular combination of grey-and-cream unless they are trying on some level to build an homage to the legendary Space Cadet keyboard. The Honeywell grey/white keycaps cover all your conventional grey/white needs; SPH-grey has a rather narrow purpose, in my view (but a glorious purpose nonetheless).

7bit

28 Aug 2015, 20:10

zslane wrote: The way I think of "SPH-grey" is that it is the grey/cream combo (alphas) specifically meant to pair up with blue/cream (mods) to re-create Symbiosis or Space Cadet (or their more mundane cousin, "Spherical" aka SPH). Not sure why anyone would want that particular combination of grey-and-cream unless they are trying on some level to build an homage to the legendary Space Cadet keyboard. The Honeywell grey/white keycaps cover all your conventional grey/white needs; SPH-grey has a rather narrow purpose, in my view (but a glorious purpose nonetheless).
What please is "Symbiosis" and in which way do I re-create that?
:mad: :evil: :mad: :evil: :mad: :evil: :mad: :evil: :mad: :evil: :mad: :evil: :mad: :evil: :mad: :evil: :mad: :evil: :mad: :evil:

A long time ago, someone at Geek Hack wanted sphericals added to my Round 4 and proposed a color-scheme similar to that of the Space Cadet Keyboard (a/k/a the Holy Grail).
:ugeek:

zslane

28 Aug 2015, 20:22

I apologize if I have the history of these keycaps wrong...I was under the impression that Symbiosis came first and that Space Cadet was a revisiting of Symbiosis but without all the "unusual" optional kits. And that SPH was merely the Symbiosis/Space Cadet colorway applied to a conventional set of ANSI/ISO legends (none of those strange APL legends which nobody uses but which I think are awesome just the same). SPH also differs from Symbiosis/Space Cadet in that all of the BLUE mods have cream legends, unlike the latter which feature black legends on the row 3 and row 4 mods (according to my Open Genera 2.0 documentation, black legends indicate a modifier key that you chord with).

So the lineage, as I understand it is Symbiosis -> begat Space Cadet -> begat Spherical (aka SPH). I'd be curious to learn the real history if I have it wrong.

Phill1

28 Aug 2015, 20:27

You have it wrong.

Round 4 Spherical was first, then Symbiosis, now round 5a. All were based on the Symbolics Space Cadet, which was a keyboard for the Symbolics Lisp Machine.

http://keypuller.com/round-4-spherical-space-cadet/

zslane

28 Aug 2015, 20:34

Oh, I am well aware of what the original Symbolics keyboard is...

So here is where I'm a bit lost. Round 4 Spherical has conventional legends and no blue-with-black mods (same with Round 5a SPH). Symbiosis has the Symbolics-style APL co-legends and blue-with-black mods on the bottom two rows. Now we have Round 5a CADET which bears more resemblence, to my eyes, to Symbiosis than Round 4 SPH. What's the connection there? How did 5a CADET get the Symbiosis legends? Parallel development?

(Also, is there some bad blood between 7bit and xblackdog that I'm not aware of?)

axtran

28 Aug 2015, 20:44

Thanks. I just submitted my order a few hours ago... Here's to hoping that I did it correctly!

7bit

28 Aug 2015, 21:23

Here it is for real:
I promissed the Space Cadet legends for Round 6 and already posted a layout graphic quite some time ago.

Then came Symbiosis. BTW, Symbiosis contains a lot of errors and comes with quite unpleasant legends. All legends will be redone for my group buy.

Phill1

28 Aug 2015, 22:24

Question and a request:
Question: The larger shifts are missing molds, but why are the smaller shifts R3 instead of R4?

Request: Can we get a 1.75u Cadet (black lettering) colored shift?

7bit

28 Aug 2015, 22:27

All SHIF T-keys in row 3:
Looks more symmetric?
:?

I will add the SHIFT175/CADET.

axtran

28 Aug 2015, 23:10

Is there a way to get a status update from 7bot, like confirmation that your invoice is paid?

chzel

28 Aug 2015, 23:44

Send a nonsense PM (like ASDFGH or something more inspired) to the bot, it will send an updated invoice.

zslane

29 Aug 2015, 00:09

7bit wrote: All legends will be redone for my group buy.
I applaud your dedication to quality, 7bit!

I'm thrilled to be part of this GB.

axtran

29 Aug 2015, 02:37

chzel wrote: Send a nonsense PM (like ASDFGH or something more inspired) to the bot, it will send an updated invoice.
Thanks. I'm paranoid I don't get into the GB...

Muirium
µ

29 Aug 2015, 17:03

7bit wrote: Yes, I'm working on it. I just wanted to show the difference between GREY-grey and SPH-grey.
Here's the difference:

Uh, not so much.

gnarlsagan

29 Aug 2015, 17:52

This is a late but humble request, but would it be possible to get the bottom right four keycaps in 1U for layouts like on the Keycool 84? Also, It would be really great to have just the tilde key on the left in different color options. I just need one grey tilde keycap, and I'd rather not spend $59 on the entire alphas set to get it. Thanks!

One last thing, I put in a few orders with 7bot in the correct order format, but I haven't heard anything yet. Also sent 7bot a gibberish message to try and update the invoice. Do I just need to wait? Thanks again...

Muirium
µ

29 Aug 2015, 18:08

7bit wrote: Here it is for real:
I promissed the Space Cadet legends for Round 6 and already posted a layout graphic quite some time ago.

Then came Symbiosis. BTW, Symbiosis contains a lot of errors and comes with quite unpleasant legends. All legends will be redone for my group buy.
Ahem. Round 6 was for APL.

Of course, they should really be tripleshots. Hopefully Rsbseb has luck with that!

zslane

29 Aug 2015, 18:47

So the HONEY(B) colors are based on Muirium's Honeywell keyboard. That explains the white, grey, black, and red kits. But what is the basis for the violett/cream colorway?

unoab

29 Aug 2015, 18:52

Muirium wrote: Ahem. Round 6 was for APL.
Spoiler:
Of course, they should really be tripleshots. Hopefully Rsbseb has luck with that!
Nice, so round 6 was planning on the IBM APL layout then, just like the beamsprings I have seen photos of. Hopefully Rsbseb's sperical cap endeavor can bring us some nice triple-shot replicas since SP cant dye sub their spherical PBT caps they have, let alone the fact they don't want to produce any more of them.

Muirium
µ

29 Aug 2015, 19:24

unoab wrote: since SP cant dye sub their spherical PBT caps they have, let alone the fact they don't want to produce any more of them.
Um, SP did a nice job with Granite. Dyesubbed PBT sphericals, albeit in the lower DSA style:

unoab

29 Aug 2015, 19:29

Muirium wrote:
unoab wrote: since SP cant dye sub their spherical PBT caps they have, let alone the fact they don't want to produce any more of them.
Um, SP did a nice job with Granite. Dyesubbed PBT sphericals, albeit in the lower DSA style:
Ah, yea, my mistake, I was referring to the SA caps they have in the keystore. I bought a few and they have slightly thinner sidewalls, but they are still PBT SA caps but they wont make any more and don't have the ability to dyesub them.

Return to “Group buys”