[SHIPPING] Granite Set ~ 100% PBT ~ Dye Sub ~ DSA

matt3o
-[°_°]-

30 Mar 2014, 12:01

I just noticed that Amiga hollow A is not the same type as the standard A... gotta design that too.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

30 Mar 2014, 14:00

Hello mr. Escape :)

Muirium
µ

30 Mar 2014, 14:02

Spherilicious.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

30 Mar 2014, 14:23

it takes me really too much time to build the 3d model... can some 3d artist chime in?

fifted

30 Mar 2014, 17:13

I was looking at my own mockups and noticed that the F keys don't match the other text legends in size. Here's what I mean:
Fx Legends.png
Fx Legends.png (17.12 KiB) Viewed 4852 times
(13pt vs 15pt on my svg) Intentional? Worth fixing? I'm planning on juxtaposing some of these keys, so it would be more obvious.

Muirium
µ

30 Mar 2014, 17:18

Good catch. I'd make the F key legends the same size. But are they mods or are they alphas? The font size rules are very complex when you start to dig into them.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

30 Mar 2014, 17:28

yes it is intentional. the mod size is a bit small for the function row.

Vierax

30 Mar 2014, 18:45

The brain chip is interesting but it reminds me a SIM card for cellphone, not a keyboard controler :(

matt3o
-[°_°]-

31 Mar 2014, 17:20

Text modifiers hit the 25 tier! whoo-hooo!

Ichigo87

31 Mar 2014, 17:42

I am glad that it works well. This set deserves success. I am a bit worried for international kits.

I am tired to read people complaining about the SP group buy system. I think that it is a great way to prevent people from cancelling their order. Pre-order is a commitment and it is fair to send the money before hitting your wished price target. Upper tier is simply a reward.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

31 Mar 2014, 18:09

yeah international kits are a bit disappointing, especially after all the time needed to design them

Ichigo87

31 Mar 2014, 18:19

matt3o wrote:yeah international kits are a bit disappointing, especially after all the time needed to design them
I tried to do my best to spread the message on French forums, but like always, they will wake up in two years asking for premium set like this one but for the moment they prefer buying "gamers" keyboard with an awesome backlight (they're gonna kill me with that kind of talks...).

drrtyrokka

31 Mar 2014, 18:26

I just hope that the buys will increase in 1-2 weeks... Worried about international and icons and icon rgb and iso enter...
If nothing happens to the icons, i will have to chancel and get text...or even chancel the whole if german layout fails...
:o :cry: :cry:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

31 Mar 2014, 18:56

I believe a good 25/50% of the sales will be placed the last 3 days

scottc

31 Mar 2014, 19:15

I think that some people are scared by the high initial prices... in the last few days everything will hopefully be nice and low which will entice others to join in.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

31 Mar 2014, 19:47

alternatives to bitcoin icon that I have already

if nothing better comes out I'll pick one of them. Honestly I love the D&D one, but I might simply take the alien or the arrow.

drrtyrokka

31 Mar 2014, 20:02

How about a 42 key for nerdom, or super mario shroom??

Omikron

31 Mar 2014, 20:14

The ISO enter price scares me.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

31 Mar 2014, 20:16

Omikron wrote:The ISO enter price scares me.
we just need to meet a decent tier. At 25 is bearable.

If I knew there were so little interest for the ICON mods I would have done it 100% text. the IC is not always a good meter for the real sales.

squarefrog

31 Mar 2014, 20:29

matt3o wrote:Hello mr. Escape :)

That escape looks beautiful

Jmneuv

31 Mar 2014, 20:34

Don't know what SP's issue with iSO enter is, it's always been a discriminating item with them.

p.s: the escape is brilliant

matt3o
-[°_°]-

31 Mar 2014, 20:38

Jmneuv wrote:
Don't know what SP's issue with iSO enter is, it's always been a discriminating item with them.

p.s: the escape is brilliant
my guess is that they can cast only one (or very few) ISO Enters at a time. That might increase overall costs.

ps: thanks :) I'll try to render the whole keyboard if I get some time, but blender is really (really) counter intuitive.

squarefrog

31 Mar 2014, 20:49

Blender: the only software with a steeper learning curve than VIM

scottc

31 Mar 2014, 20:53

squarefrog wrote:Blender: the only software with a steeper learning curve than VIM
I use Vim and while I appreciate that it's pretty difficult to use... it doesn't compare to blender even one bit. Blender is waaaay off the charts!

jdeblese

31 Mar 2014, 20:54

matt3o wrote:If I knew there were so little interest for the ICON mods I would have done it 100% text. the IC is not always a good meter for the real sales.
It's a shame. I like them both, and I haven't seen many other icon sets so far :(

drrtyrokka

31 Mar 2014, 21:27

Here, just a try...
Attachments
42.png
42.png (6.18 KiB) Viewed 4609 times

Muirium
µ

31 Mar 2014, 21:32

jdeblese wrote:
matt3o wrote:If I knew there were so little interest for the ICON mods I would have done it 100% text. the IC is not always a good meter for the real sales.
It's a shame. I like them both, and I haven't seen many other icon sets so far :(
Indeed. I want an iconic, mono legend set so badly. And in several months I can totally afford it!

Doh.

squarefrog

31 Mar 2014, 21:49

scottc wrote:
squarefrog wrote:Blender: the only software with a steeper learning curve than VIM
I use Vim and while I appreciate that it's pretty difficult to use... it doesn't compare to blender even one bit. Blender is waaaay off the charts!
Tbh the best thing about vim is you can learn little bits at a time. I just wish I could use vim full time instead of Xcode. XVim is nice, but it's not the same.

Vierax

31 Mar 2014, 21:55

The first quart is only reached and we didn't pass the first week by now : There is still time before people awakes and this weekend wasn't so bad. Moreover, the payday is close so orders should raise in the beginning of April.

Totally agreed with Ichigo : Frenchies seems not to be ready yet for quality set, that's a shame. I think this is the last bepo set proselytism I'll do, too much energy spent for almost nothing (honey/bepo haven't reach the moq : only 10 kits ordered ) and I don't see the point to add extra job to GB's organisers.
It's totally egoist but I will have plenty of sets and if I need another to populate a new keyboard I'll go for the legacy us-qwerty and maybe adding front bépo legend (stickers or paintjob), no more. So my order for Granite will be consequent :D

kbdfr
The Tiproman

31 Mar 2014, 21:59

Exactly what is needed to populate a Tipro keyboard designed to have a lot of symbols and functions directly at your fingertips…

Return to “Group buys”