Face U/MX-mini U replica, acrylic/alu plate, KEEP ORDERING

Muirium
µ

21 Apr 2015, 01:35

Yeah, Tinnie's generally a good bloke. But HK's been tricky lately, and the manufacturing issues that hit this GB caused some grief.

Eszett

21 Apr 2015, 01:53

spopepro wrote: Some items were delivered. Many of them were broken or had issues. Some items are still not fulfilled. I don't think a cash grab was planned.

Even though I'm on the "still waiting for goods or a refund" list, I have no ill will towards Tinnie. There were a few things going on in HK over the last year or so, and it also seems like his manufacturing contacts weren't helpful either. Maybe I'll get the parts, and maybe I'll get the money back, and maybe I won't. I'm honestly not too worried either way, and mostly wish Tinnie good health and calm studies.
Thanks for briefing ... Tinnie was this nice guy from Hongkong who sent me a keypuller for free, I had flawless contact with him, I'm sad to hear this GB turned out bad :cry: But it is another lesson for me to check the person behind a GB twice before I invest any money.

photekq
Cherry Picker

21 Apr 2015, 20:23

webwit wrote: Let's see:
He starts a group buy for profit;
Receives products of which various are broken. Decides to tell no one and ships those anyway. Doesn't take the hit of production costs, but does take profit margin;
Doesn't refund or replace after complaints;
Disappears;
Stops all kinds of communication (Strangely reoccurring with sales/group buy problems, it tends to break all Internet connectivity and put them of the grid, while making their lives too busy to handle this);
It has been over 7 months.

So far the opposite of trustworthy. Each step adds to that as these are failed opportunities to fix the previous step.
This GB is in a state. It's tinlong's fault (the PCB seller does deserve some blame too). No denying that.

When I say he is trustworthy, I'm talking about outside of this GB. Yes, he's always made a little profit when he can (I'm also guilty of this one, and I know many trusted members here are too). Yes, he's always been slow to ship/respond on occasion. But he's never intentionally wronged somebody. This is why I say he's trustworthy. He's a good guy, he just fucked up with this GB.

The last time I spoke to him, around the time he posted his last message here, he was determined to make things right. I trust his word.

That said, I am his friend, so I'm probably not the best judge of his character. Perhaps I trust him too much. I don't know. We'll just have to wait and see.

Madhias
BS TORPE

21 Apr 2015, 20:37

I traded a little bit with tinnie, got everything I ordered from this group buy, and also bought a keyboard from him for a what you would call a nice DT price.

The quality of the PCBs of this group buy were not good, but the one I am using works. In the end I got what I paid for.

macmakkara

21 Apr 2015, 20:55

Same here. I bought 50 key M and F from him and also FaceU + plate from this GB got those all in good and working condition.

I told already that it was working for me and im ok with all items i got and don't need refund. Thats one name less from his list.

Madhias
BS TORPE

21 Apr 2015, 20:57

Wasn't there the Kishsaver haul from tinnie? Industrial ISO SSK aswell?

scottc

21 Apr 2015, 21:08

Yep. The Industrial ISO SSK went to snoopy, afaik.

macmakkara

21 Apr 2015, 21:09

Yes there was... and i wasn't in this hobby at that moment so i missed them... I just want kish....

Madhias
BS TORPE

21 Apr 2015, 21:10

snoopy

21 Apr 2015, 21:35

scottc wrote: Yep. The Industrial ISO SSK went to snoopy, afaik.
yes. personally delivered by tinnie.

tinnie come back!!!! :cry:

scottc

21 Apr 2015, 21:35

WE MISS YOU TINNIE!

t!ng
Awake Sheep

20 Jun 2015, 21:33

:(

t!ng
Awake Sheep

14 Jul 2015, 22:18

Monthly bump.

SL89

14 Jul 2015, 22:47

This is a sad thread.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

30 Aug 2015, 19:55

Just tried to build mine:

(expected)

Anyone good with electronics willing to give me some help on PMs or IRC? :)

Madhias
BS TORPE

30 Aug 2015, 20:00

I can't help with good electronics, but I had a similar situation, and resoldered the diodes and the not functional keys were working then!

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

30 Aug 2015, 20:06

I guess it could work for the keys that are not working independently, but for the whole top row? I doubt...

spopepro

31 Aug 2015, 00:02

Do you have a multi-meter (continuity test)?

scottc

31 Aug 2015, 00:38

Well you're in luck, Ramnes -- mine both worked 100% for a few hours until they stopped dead and no longer register anything. :( At least this looks like a different issue.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

31 Aug 2015, 00:56

Yes, I have a multi-meter, but there's already someone from here helping me since 9PM on IRC!

For now we've seen that all the dead keys correspond to the last three columns of the matrix, but we still can't explain why...

spopepro

31 Aug 2015, 01:08

Cool. Trace back to the data pins on the MCU. I had to solder a wire from the mcu lead to a switch because a trace was bad.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

31 Aug 2015, 03:17

We've found out: two pins of the Atmega are badly soldered (PB6 and PB7). I'll go buy some liquid flux tomorrow. Thanks again flabbergast!

scottc

31 Aug 2015, 10:45

Nice one Ramnes! Maybe I'll resurrect mine at some point. :D

t!ng
Awake Sheep

31 Aug 2015, 20:31

Also:

Monthly Bump...

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

01 Sep 2015, 21:51

GREAT VICTORY

scottc

01 Sep 2015, 22:21

Congrats ramnes! Now how about those other keys? :D

t!ng
Awake Sheep

01 Oct 2015, 17:15

Monthly Bump.

Where is tinnie?

snoopy

01 Oct 2015, 17:32

gone with the wind.

I don't think that anything will happen here in the future. tinnie got somehow scammed by the manufacturer. money is gone. I don't know any details.

scottc

01 Oct 2015, 17:35

Yep, that's all there is to say really.

t!ng
Awake Sheep

13 Dec 2015, 19:25

: (

Return to “Group buys”