GMK 85|15 groupbuy CANCELLED

IvanIvanovich

05 Dec 2014, 16:16

Welcome to 1985...
Orders will close 15 MAR 2015. Payment deadline will be 2 weeks after.

CANCELLED

FULL SET €99 / $113

MODS PACK €49 / $56

COLOR PACK €28 / $32

Additional spacebars €4 / $6
one each 6.25 and 7 units in a random color

Groupbuy for GMK doubleshots. Each option has a minimum order amount of 250 units. USD pricing subject to change based on current EUR exchange rate at invoice time. All orders will be invoice in USD and payable in USD. Buyer will be responsible for payment of goods, shipping costs, for all paypal fees, and an additional $5 groupbuy fee. All orders will be sent via USPS. Shipping fees will vary based on what is ordered and it's destination. I will not be liable for uninsured/nontrackable orders damaged or lost during shipping. International orders with insurance/tracking sent via EMS advised for any large orders.
By placing an order you agree to these terms.

Count: (3 MAR)
Full sets - 110
Mod sets - 170
Color pack - 80
Spacebars - 470
Last edited by IvanIvanovich on 15 Mar 2015, 16:52, edited 9 times in total.

Ichigo87

05 Dec 2014, 16:35

Hi,

Would you say that L9 is more white or creamy ?

Thank you

matt3o
-[°_°]-

05 Dec 2014, 16:37

L9 is creamy

BlueBär

05 Dec 2014, 17:46

Oh god thank you Ivan, that color pack is exactly what I want for my GH60, please tell me that's the same orange as the one from the spacebar GB!

IvanIvanovich

05 Dec 2014, 17:46

Base set colorway is based on

yes it's the same orange as it is the only one GMK has.

BlueBär

05 Dec 2014, 17:55

IvanIvanovich wrote: yes it's the same orange as it is the only one GMK has.
Spoiler:
<3

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

05 Dec 2014, 18:21

Crap :( a bad time to be broke. Maybe I will get at least the color pack. Really nice set, this will be my second GMK GB that I miss :|

gogusrl

05 Dec 2014, 18:35

GMK is t3h shit of ABS doubleshots, no ? are they oem or cherry profile ?

Any chance for L9 alphas as well ?

Muirium
µ

05 Dec 2014, 18:38

GMK == Cherry profile, I bet.

Same boat here, Daniel. I felt worse for missing the Dolches, though, as that colour scheme really speaks to me. These will need to show up in pretty pictures before I believe and get regretful!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

05 Dec 2014, 18:41

this set is superb... I'm trying to find an excuse to take it, but I actually don't need it

Muirium
µ

05 Dec 2014, 18:43

I currently have more switches needing covered than I have decent caps. But once Godot arrives, that will be turned upside down. Dangerous times!

Uh, I mean Round 5…

IvanIvanovich

05 Dec 2014, 18:44

You could always pawn your lungs or something you know...

Yes ABS Cherry profile doubleshot. This is what there is. Nothing is going to be changed or added.

Pretty pictures...

Muirium
µ

05 Dec 2014, 18:45

Who wants to do the honour and PM Dirge to tell him about his function row?

Laser
emacs -nw

05 Dec 2014, 18:51

There was this poor fellow named Holmes,
Who loved keycaps and hate rubber domes.
When he saw the GMK caps,
Beautiful colours, best quality ABS,
He said: tough, i only like POMs!

[ read ABS in one word, poetic licence applies :P ]

Best excuse if you're broke

Nuum

05 Dec 2014, 18:54

I like the colour pack and I will buy it together with the mod pack, but not until January, I need some money to buy those.
It would've been nice if the yellow PF keys were in R0.

Muirium
µ

05 Dec 2014, 18:54

Oh now I do say,
That looks GMK!
And they want us to snag twenty dozen.

Row 0 is GMKs tallest of the bunch, right? If so, that function row would be much better rightly up there.

Nuum

05 Dec 2014, 18:59

Yes, I think in Cherry speech it's called Row F and similar to Row A it doesn't get use in modern keyboards.

gogusrl

05 Dec 2014, 19:37

another dumb question : what layout is that ? some things are not where they should be :)

Muirium
µ

05 Dec 2014, 19:52

Just Commodore being weird. Imagine leaving blanks either side of the spacebar! This isn't a typewriter…

bazh

05 Dec 2014, 20:03

BlueBär wrote:
IvanIvanovich wrote: yes it's the same orange as it is the only one GMK has.
Spoiler:
<3
now that you remind the orange spacebar, one less excuse to save my wallet on that color pack :x

IvanIvanovich

05 Dec 2014, 21:42

The layout is 'bitshift' same as on the very first MX model in the picture :D It harkens back to the days before nationalized keyboard layouts became more commonplace on many consumer level home computers in the early '80s. You've probably seen it before on some of the really old boards.
I decided to use it for 2 reasons, first because it is the 'original'... and second since basically no one uses it anymore (asides from Japan which have a slightly modified version of it for the Latin character) no one should be offended the set doesn't come in their usual layout.

Yes row F or 0 is the tallest. This set will be the first time in a very long time that you will get the full compliment of row profiles. F is even a pain to find on vintage stuff so it should be something nice to have for something different.

I kept row E for the colorpack, so it can be an alternative for those that don't care for F, or for those that want to strap it all on a 122... they are both different to provide further distinction.

Madhias
BS TORPE

05 Dec 2014, 21:55

This will be one kind of a set! Since i missed the Dolch group buy, i have to participate in this one - and it was definitely worth the waiting. The modifier pack is gorgeous (orange, yay!), the legends cool, and also the tall F row!

pyrelink

05 Dec 2014, 22:29

With the amount of R5 that I have on order, the amount of plastic I will be receiving exceeds the amount of (Cherry) keyboards that I regularly use, and even far exceeds the amount of Cherry keyboards I own.

On the other hand, I am already regretting not getting Dolch, and this color scheme (with the color pack) looks exceptional, so I will probably wind up ordering a set...

Findecanor

05 Dec 2014, 23:22

Why aren't Print, Scroll Lock and Break in Row F?
IvanIvanovich wrote: Base set colorway is based on
I see. But is any colour the same as the Commodore keys, so they could be interchanged?
The legends in the base look grey, for instance.

IvanIvanovich

06 Dec 2014, 01:14

Only F(number) and these circled numbers legends still exist in F profile in GMKs tooling. The rest have been lost to time so we have to make due. There are some F profile blanks included as well. Since most keyboards have spacer section between the F keys and print/scroll/break I didn't think it would be a problem.
The colors are NOT an exact match, I meant the orientation... pictures are for reference to give an impression only. No existing set to my knowledge is the same as what this is going to be. It's not a direct repro of anything, but rather a mash up of some of the oldest models.

Goupil might be a little closer, but flipped.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

06 Dec 2014, 06:48

If only the Mods Pack contained AltGr keys, I'd take two of them :cry:

Slavfot

06 Dec 2014, 11:27

Love the colors pack!:)

Does the colors of the mod pack match an original cherry doubleshot?

IvanIvanovich

06 Dec 2014, 19:48

U9 base color mods pack will match some vintage sets perfectly, others will not. Cherry used a lot of different tones of 'beige' through the years. Some sets used light grey instead also. It will just depend on what you happen to have.

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

08 Dec 2014, 11:58

Ok, my life is so much easier now :D I just noticed that the legends are the vintage ones, for me that would be a nightmare as I can't touch type and have big problems remembering where each key is :( But this is me and my small "disability", the set still is a cool one and it will look amazing ;)
But I will be all over the spacebars and I think also the color pack :)

Muirium
µ

08 Dec 2014, 12:07

I will admit, I sometimes glance at legends. A bit of training time on blanks ought to cure you of needing to rely on that!

What's up with "vintage legends" anyway?

Return to “Group buys”