HyperMicro / Deadline: 2015-03-17 / -32767 days to go! :o

Muirium
µ

02 Nov 2015, 22:13

I haven't heard anything from him about that. But I haven't had a parcel from him recently either. So the outlook is stilll neutral, I'd say.

Of course, shipping is damn slow here in Scotland anyway. I'll know more next week!

scottc

02 Nov 2015, 22:19

My Teensy's VCC pin isn't hooked up to anything on the board... that's normal, right?!

Muirium
µ

02 Nov 2015, 22:21

Yeah, controllers can run everything off strobes. Different story for converters, of course.

scottc

02 Nov 2015, 22:42

Great. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

scottc

03 Nov 2015, 21:57

Time for my daily stupid electronics question!

In some places, I see people say to solder diodes with the black band on the circle. Others say on the square. Some say I should have the diode "body" on the keycap side, some on the other side. What do I do?!

With my THKB, I've got diodes on the bottom.

One more question: there are also lots of pads marked "R" on the keyboard. Do I need resistors there too? Are they for LEDs or something?

Muirium
µ

03 Nov 2015, 22:03

Yes. Just LEDs. Safe to ignore. All you really need is a controller, switches and diodes.

As for your first question: just be consistent.

scottc

03 Nov 2015, 22:06

Thanks, Mu. I suppose I can always use Halvar's transposed firmware if I do it backwards.

LEDs, eh... I didn't know the HyperMicro had those. I've got a load of spare LEDs. Sounds like a plan!

Halvar

03 Nov 2015, 22:45

The black rings need be on the side of the round soldering pads if you plan to use the TMK software that matt3o attached here without my transposing laziness workaround. That's also what Mu said he did, and he used Soarer`s controller.

Muirium
µ

03 Nov 2015, 22:47

Same story with Soarer's Controller. You just transpose the matrix definition. Consistency is all that matters.

Halvar

03 Nov 2015, 23:05

If you can choose though, it's a bit more efficient to strobe 4 rows and read 11 columns than the other way around, which takes longer.

Muirium
µ

03 Nov 2015, 23:11

True. But you'll never notice, not in a month of Sundays.

scottc

04 Nov 2015, 00:19

Anyone here have an up-to-date firmware available? 7bit's version from HyperMicro Madness thread is outdated and not compatible with new TMK!

Edit:

Code: Select all

cp ../gh60/Makefile .
Fixed :D

Edit2: It's alive! Well, the bottom row. :D

scottc

04 Nov 2015, 01:27

Another question! I'm on a roll tonight. Do we still need to blob something for pin D6 to work? My column 5 is not working and I'm wondering if that's why.

Which pin is for column 5? edit: I just realised I could get this from the source code, apparently it's B6!

HzFaq

04 Nov 2015, 15:52

Never mind the hyper, get cracking on the qHack :D.

scottc

04 Nov 2015, 18:14

I've got an Alps qHack waiting to be assembled. Only problem: no switches!

7bit

04 Nov 2015, 18:18

Yes, sorry, I will take care about that ....
:roll:

scottc

04 Nov 2015, 18:36

Actually I'm incorrect, another problem is that Alps switches are very wobbly without a plate... That's what I get for using them vs. Cherry :cry:

HzFaq

04 Nov 2015, 22:41

Holy shit, didn't realise the qHack could be Alps'd! I've got some OA2 clicky clones kicking around spare if you want them? Going to bin them eventually so you can have them for postage.

Can't really do much about the plate though...

panrc

02 Dec 2015, 16:34

I put in an order for a hypermicro in april and wasn't sure if my order went through properly. I never received any confirmation email. I also carried on receiving invoices after, so I messaged 7bit to find out, and I've messaged him around 10 times over the last 7-8 months with no straight answer or acknowledgement of my payment.

I thought it would be simpler to stick to trying to PM him, but I'm a bit sick of messing about now so I thought I'd just post here in the hope of not being ignored. I'm sure I'm not being unreasonable, All I'm asking for is a "yes, I have your money and you will get a kit". Why does that take over 7 months?

7bit, can I get some form of confirmation now please?

scottc

02 Dec 2015, 16:41

HzFaq wrote: Holy shit, didn't realise the qHack could be Alps'd! I've got some OA2 clicky clones kicking around spare if you want them? Going to bin them eventually so you can have them for postage.

Can't really do much about the plate though...
I never saw this message before, yes please!

HzFaq

02 Dec 2015, 16:47

Cool, drop me a message with your address, I'll take them down the post office a bit later in the week.

scottc

02 Dec 2015, 16:56

Thanks a lot Hz, I will do!

panrc

07 Jan 2016, 20:48

Bumping again because I'm still waiting for an answer from 7bit. Seems to be doing everything possible to avoid spending 5 minutes verifying my payment.

s.trooper

31 Jan 2016, 13:46

Any update on this? What's happened with the plates?

7bit

31 Jan 2016, 14:25

Still have to finish the toolkit to generate the files which have to be sent to the CNC machine.
:o

lolpes

03 Mar 2016, 18:32

anyone have firmware for the most recent prototype I can use? I am having some trouble here with mine :/

kakakowie

14 Apr 2016, 10:32

Hi any update on this? Whats happening now?

s.trooper

14 Apr 2016, 14:51

kakakowie wrote: Hi any update on this? Whats happening now?
+1

7bit

14 Apr 2016, 15:09

:oops:

As soon as I have the time, I will write the software to generate those mount plates.
:roll:

BTW: I would not complain if anybody would make mount plates for these PCBs all on his own.
;-)

scottc

14 Apr 2016, 15:35

7bit, we can generate mount plates using Swill's tool: http://builder.swillkb.com/

I can design the plates using this tool if you get them manufactured etc.

Even after the plate, I need a Teensy for my qHACK... :roll:

Return to “Group buys”