[HYPE-BUILDER] GMK Classic Beige

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

10 Feb 2015, 13:38

I love the Cherry ABS caps, except for the Galaxy Class DSA PBT caps on all my boards I have Cherry/GMK. I love the feeling of the thick ABS and the profile. I love them even when they are shinny :D
The only problem I have with the GMK caps is the price, in almost all the cases the price is way over my budget :( and that is a shame because these are exquisite.
I still regret that I missed Ivan's Dolch GB, and at that moment I even had the money :(

Stabilized

10 Feb 2015, 13:58

Daniel, what do you think of the Hyper Fuse GMK set?
I am thinking about it as it looked good on the DSA version that was done a while ago. I might be a bit too impatient (as I now have the cash), as what I really want is some Dolch GMK as well :(

beltet

10 Feb 2015, 14:00

This is going to be so awesome!

cookie

10 Feb 2015, 15:08

I am sorry, but Mu is right, I am a PBT spoiled guy. I like thick cherry doubleshots though but the shine is something I can't stand :( I've tried a lot of different caps but topre trumps them all!

The thing what still keeps me hooked on this GB is that you can do a HHKB style FN layout with the additional keys. Man I am so tempted but I would regret it deeply when they start to shine after a few weeks/month of typing :(

DanielT

10 Feb 2015, 15:16

Stabilized wrote: Daniel, what do you think of the Hyper Fuse GMK set?
I am thinking about it as it looked good on the DSA version that was done a while ago. I might be a bit too impatient (as I now have the cash), as what I really want is some Dolch GMK as well :(
I think GMK Hyperfuse will look great, and it's something worth buying because a "crazy" colorway with GMK will not happen any time soon. If I find the money I will get it for sure. I loved that design from the first time I saw it, and the good part is that Bunny will make sure that that GB will happen.
Dolch GMK comes up for sale quite often on GH and the price is "decent", I still don't have the money for that but for ~150$ you can get a complete set.

Stabilized

10 Feb 2015, 15:32

Thanks Daniel :)
I think I will go for the hyperfuse set then, worst come to worst I could probably sell it on.
Another thing I thought was pretty good about the hyperfuse set was it had HHKB compatibility at $115, which seems like a pretty good price (considering this one would be $135 + 35 for the extra set).
~$150 sounds okay, but I still need to get my mind around the whole 'GMK sets that are worth more then you're keyboard' :D

DanielT

10 Feb 2015, 15:56

Stabilized wrote: Thanks Daniel :)
'GMK sets that are worth more then you're keyboard' :D
It depends on the board :evilgeek:
But let me tell you one thing, GMK sets are worth the money and give a classy look to any board.

Prelim

10 Feb 2015, 18:09

GMK cost production price = ~1€
GMK public price = 100€ :p

but yeah, they worth every cent quality-wise. (if only we were all rich korean guys)

Muirium
µ

10 Feb 2015, 18:30

Stabilized wrote: Another thing I thought was pretty good about the hyperfuse set was it had HHKB compatibility at $115
An HHKB-like layout on MX, I presume, rather than actual compatibility with an HHKB! Otherwise I might have an excuse…

Stabilized

10 Feb 2015, 20:07

Whoops, yeah I missed the word 'layout', although you don't get a 1u backspace or any windowed ones in the hyper fuse set (like you do in this one).
Although you could get these on with the aid of some Novatouch sliders!

tlt

10 Feb 2015, 20:40

HzFaq wrote: Cap materials are like switch choices, everyone likes something different.

Personally, I prefer Cherry ABS and POM over their PBT but I'm fairly sure I'm in a minority...
I Also like ABS better then PBT. It sometimes feels like PBT has too little friction agains the fingertips. The yellowing depends on how much Flame retardants (bromine) there is in the ABS. I wonder what determines that, I guess the best thing would be if they could skip that crap.

reformingpanda

03 Mar 2015, 01:48

Just found this GB and it's EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Is it still in the works? I only ask because it looks like it's been about 3 weeks since anyone posted here.

SL89

03 Mar 2015, 04:07

reformingpanda wrote: Just found this GB and it's EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Is it still in the works? I only ask because it looks like it's been about 3 weeks since anyone posted here.
Read the OP. This will be happening at an as yet undetermined time *after* the [CTRL]ALT GMK HyperFuse set is in the works. There are also the GMK Triumph Adler set, GMK Red Alert / Olivetti as well.

ninjadoc

06 Mar 2015, 15:56

I'm in whenever this starts,

korrelate

13 Mar 2015, 23:05

Definitely in on this one. I thought I had the whole Beige thing sorted out when I bought a set from Originativeco but when I finally got it on my board I noticed two things:

1. Base color for alphas was way too bright (I'm pretty sure Sherry used UN0001 instead of the L9 being used here).
2. The doubleshot process looked like crap on my 3 and R keys... like it bubbled out of the mold or didn't cool properly or something.

I can't wait for this set to be made!
Last edited by korrelate on 17 Mar 2015, 05:04, edited 1 time in total.

hammelgammler
Vintage

13 Mar 2015, 23:20

I'm also definitly in for the GB. :)
I already have a Cherry dyesub thick PBT set, but i can't use the bottom row and the capslock key as the boards were winkeyless... :/
I need a set for my NovaTouch.

Edit: Well only if they are PBT, but it seems like they are ABS. :/

korrelate

17 Mar 2015, 05:07

thank god hyperfuse closed today (not my cup of tea, that one). all we have to wait for now is a "wallet refreshment" and then we're off and running.

scottc

17 Mar 2015, 09:33

I can't wait for this. :maverick:

photekq
Cherry Picker

17 Mar 2015, 09:38

I'm working with someone to make it so that US buyers don't have to pay the 19% VAT.

This could mean a sub-$120 set :o

scottc

17 Mar 2015, 09:40

For everything in the OP? :maverick: :maverick: :maverick:

photekq
Cherry Picker

17 Mar 2015, 09:45

scottc wrote: For everything in the OP? :maverick: :maverick: :maverick:
Everything in the main set, and two extra 1.25u blanks.

But that's only for the US guys. Us Europeans will still have to pay 19% to those dirty men at the EU. At least we won't have any import charges, since I'll be shipping EU orders from the UK.

SL89

17 Mar 2015, 13:32

thats great news photekq :D

Vax

17 Mar 2015, 16:24

Awesome stuff guys.

If these would be PBT..... shut up and take my money!

But ABS is done so quick. 100 Bucks for 2-3 Months of fun, yuck. Have to think about this one again.

billnye

17 Mar 2015, 16:26

European Union facilitates easy trade between all participating countries.

You should be thanking them for helping spread diversity throughout your nation.

Muirium
µ

17 Mar 2015, 16:46

Nige Farage, is that you? I always had you sussed as a "well the missus has got a typewriter" sort.

photekq
Cherry Picker

17 Mar 2015, 18:21

billnye wrote: European Union facilitates easy trade between all participating countries.

You should be thanking them for helping spread diversity throughout your nation.
:x Stop talking about the EU! :x
Muirium wrote: Nige Farage, is that you? I always had you sussed as a "well the missus has got a typewriter" sort.
Not quite Farage, but I do hate the EU and love Europe.

Muirium
µ

17 Mar 2015, 18:31

I have a horrible feeling we'll be stuck paying stupid customs no matter what we do. Bastards to the left of me, arseholes to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you!

webwit
Wild Duck

17 Mar 2015, 18:32

I agree with photekq. Love Europe, but the EU construction is the play field of the corrupted and the sociopaths.
@Muirium Because you are voting for it. Unless you voted libertarian.

Signature

17 Mar 2015, 19:01

photekq wrote:
billnye wrote: European Union facilitates easy trade between all participating countries.

:x Stop talking about the EU! :x
Muirium wrote: Nige Farage, is that you? I always had you sussed as a "well the missus has got a typewriter" sort.
Not quite Farage, but I do hate the EU and love Europe.
inb4 "Microsoft Windows" as a Europeian Union troll

Muirium
µ

17 Mar 2015, 19:02

Return to “Group buys”