Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

captain

02 Jun 2012, 19:34

rodtang wrote:
mintberryminuscrunch wrote:nice one,
you can buy them anywhere they sell computer related stuff, just look for ps/2 to din adapters
din to ps/2 you don't want one that goes the other way.
Actually, I might. I still have servers running from the 1980s-1990s, but all my DIN keyboards are frakked. It would be nice to hook up a nice, new keyboard to a diehard server, and be able to use its console, instead of telnetting in from another machine. ;-)

mintberryminuscrunch

02 Jun 2012, 20:58

gothic860 wrote:NIB Cherry G81-3100 SFD Dye Sub any ideas? On ebay about 100€ for a used one.

why did you switch out the caps?
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Cherry-G81-3100- ... 0686329837

Acanthophis

02 Jun 2012, 21:14

Maybe he got an offer he couldn't withstand.
Now the boards is only going for ~20€

7bit

02 Jun 2012, 21:31

DeathAdder wrote:Maybe he got an offer he couldn't withstand.
Now the boards is only going for ~20€
It is now a HFD!!!
:roll:

Acanthophis

02 Jun 2012, 21:35

7bit wrote:It is now a HFD!!! :roll:
Almost this!!

kbdfr
The Tiproman

03 Jun 2012, 08:41

mikejg wrote:great stuff, thanks guys :)

as per your request :
Spoiler:
DSC02253.jpg
Spoiler:
DSC02256.jpg
can upload a few more shots on request.

apologies for the low-res btw; had to use my crappy phone camera :roll:
See nice and detailed pictures of a Goupil keyboard in this thread by sixty:
http://deskthority.net/photos-videos-f8 ... -t416.html
and pictures of those somewhat lower contrast Goupil keycaps :
http://deskthority.net/photos-videos-f8 ... ml?#p39547

Trent

04 Jun 2012, 06:00

HUGE PRICE CHECK REQUEST BELOW, BEWARE!

Hello all, I have photos of a lot of bizarre boards! These are all from my four pallets of keyboards collection. I'll be posting a sell thread very soon (tm).

1. Eazy PC
Spoiler:
2. Zenith
Spoiler:
3. Memorex Telex (cord cut, missing keys)
Spoiler:
4. Unknown board 1 (RJ-11 connector)
Spoiler:
5. Unknown board 2 (cut cord, missing keys)
Spoiler:
6. NCR Board (RJ-11 connector)
Spoiler:
7. Unknown board 3, was told by someone used for military
Spoiler:

Ascaii
The Beard

04 Jun 2012, 10:29

All three unknowns are most likely worthless to this community. 1 and three are keytronic foam n foil switches that degrade horribly over time, number 2 is a RD boad.

Eazy PC board looks to have cream or lemon alps, which are a rarer find...depending on how used up the switches are I would value them at anywhere from 30 to 70$.

7bit

04 Jun 2012, 10:43

4. Unknown board 1 (RJ-11 connector):
Key Tronic with rubber damper
Be careful with the space bar!

6. NCR Board (RJ-11 connector)
This seems interesting. Any way to take a good photo of the switch?

7. Unknown board 3, was told by someone used for military
The Key Tronic at the bottom seems not to be a military board. It is like these IBM terminal keyboards (data entry keyboard).

BTW: Key Tronics can be easiliy identified by their key caps.

Trent

04 Jun 2012, 13:26

Ascaii wrote:All three unknowns are most likely worthless to this community. 1 and three are keytronic foam n foil switches that degrade horribly over time, number 2 is a RD boad.

Eazy PC board looks to have cream or lemon alps, which are a rarer find...depending on how used up the switches are I would value them at anywhere from 30 to 70$.
They are lemon/orange as far as I can tell. Non tactile, non clicky. Is this a good thing for value?

Peter

04 Jun 2012, 13:54

mintberryminuscrunch wrote:sorry just edited,
only just read that the red are only stickers.
not worth 150 at all :oops:
If those stickers have been there from the start it's a good thing,
the caps will still have texture !

gothic860

06 Jun 2012, 12:04

why did you switch out the caps?
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Cherry-G81-3100- ... 0686329837
I have both new Cherry Dye Subs and new Cherry Doubleshots... I don't know why the label says SFD but both are 100% unused and i didn't changed anything.

Doubleshots:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/190686329837?ssP ... 654wt_1173

Dye Subs:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/190686075194?ssP ... 588wt_1173

mSSM

06 Jun 2012, 12:10

I could get the following configuration for about Eur 230, but I am hesitant to jump at it because it still is quite a lot of dough for me:
Kinesis Advantage Pro (Mint condition, but out of warranty)
Extra Key Caps
2 Foot Pedals
2 New Palm Pads

What do you guys think? Is Eur 230 a good price? I am a bit worried that if I do not like it, the Kinesis will not have any resell value - they are barely sold either here or over at GeekHack, and the last one sold on eBay (non-pro) left for about 80...

off

06 Jun 2012, 12:15

mSSM wrote:What do you guys think?
I think a Kinessis is the farthest you could reasonably get from a TKL.
So make sure you have the desk-/chair-/keyboardtrayspace to work with that (and look over it at your monitor).

mSSM

06 Jun 2012, 12:23

off wrote:
mSSM wrote:What do you guys think?
I think a Kinessis is the farthest you could reasonably get from a TKL.
So make sure you have the desk-/chair-/keyboardtrayspace to work with that (and look over it at your monitor).
Thanks, I did not think of that. I do believe I have enough space right now, but I am most likely going to dump it at my desk at the institute, so this is more like a long-term investment.

off

06 Jun 2012, 12:54

mSSM wrote:Thanks, I did not think of that.
:P
Now someone jump in and provide this poor fellow some usefull feedback on the appropriateness of the offered pricing!

tinnie

06 Jun 2012, 13:00

i got a NIB IBM Model M SSK ANSI and three boards of NIB IBM Model M,
how much do them worth
thanks

Icarium

06 Jun 2012, 14:31

mSSM wrote:I could get the following configuration for about Eur 230, but I am hesitant to jump at it because it still is quite a lot of dough for me:
Kinesis Advantage Pro (Mint condition, but out of warranty)
Extra Key Caps
2 Foot Pedals
2 New Palm Pads

What do you guys think? Is Eur 230 a good price? I am a bit worried that if I do not like it, the Kinesis will not have any resell value - they are barely sold either here or over at GeekHack, and the last one sold on eBay (non-pro) left for about 80...
If the condition is good it is a good price. You can get them for cheap sometimes but they're usually old and not USB.
And not Pro either... It's a good price.

Icarium

06 Jun 2012, 15:36

tinlong117 wrote:i got a NIB IBM Model M SSK ANSI and three boards of NIB IBM Model M,
how much do them worth
thanks
I'd say EUR 200 for the SSK and somewhere between 100 and 120 for the Ms. But with NIBs it's always a bit of a gamble, since they're really only collectors items. If you're buying them to use it usually doesn't make sense to get a NIB?

mSSM

06 Jun 2012, 15:38

Icarium wrote:
tinlong117 wrote:i got a NIB IBM Model M SSK ANSI and three boards of NIB IBM Model M,
how much do them worth
thanks
I'd say EUR 200 for the SSK and somewhere between 100 and 120 for the Ms. But with NIBs it's always a bit of a gamble, since they're really only collectors items. If you're buying them to use it usually doesn't make sense to get a NIB?
The last NIB SSK went for $350 on ebay.com. A MINT SSK went for $330.

ripster

08 Jun 2012, 16:42

IBM SSK?

Priceless.
<using Morgan Freeman voice>

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5243/5334 ... 1589_b.jpg

InSanCen

08 Jun 2012, 18:15

Okay, I'll bite.

What am I looking at for my:-

Black M13, US layout, 1996.
Mdel F AT, originally DE/Qwertz layout, all caps replaced with Model M caps. Can refit original caps if needed.
AT102W, UK layout, black alps.

I need to reduce my boards, so will be looking to keep only one of these boards.

off

08 Jun 2012, 20:56

InSanCen wrote:I need to reduce my boards, so will be looking to keep only one of these boards.
If your concern is cash, order is like this:
102, a little > model f, a bit more > m13, most.
Decide first which you'd like to keep using, I'd say! ;)

InSanCen

08 Jun 2012, 21:54

The concern is not making cash, however, cash vs how much I like the board will help me to decide what stays. I love the M13, so it would need to be a fair bit for me to part with it. Much as I like the AT Model F, I'm hesitant to Mod it into a more usable layout. I'm currently typing on the 102, and I'm surprised by how much I like it. It was NIB though.

off

08 Jun 2012, 22:50

InSanCen wrote:I love the M13, so it would need to be a fair bit for me to part with it. Much as I like the AT Model F, I'm hesitant to Mod it into a more usable layout. I'm currently typing on the 102, and I'm surprised by how much I like it. It was NIB though.
A 102 is a nice board, saying from having used (and after a little while modded bit by bit into a mess) a pretty heavily used one. I would love to try a (near-)NIB one at some point.
But to me you still sound like you are hesitant to give up you keyboard hobby, seeing how you do enjoy those boards immensely; and a small obstacle like a layout could be sidestepped by utilising f.i. (a few?) layer keys or a separate numpad (on the left?).
Now someone knowledgeable should step in and drop some realistic prices so the (initial) question is satisfied, and I'll be off. :lol:
GLWSale/Use!

ripster

09 Jun 2012, 19:09

Trent wrote:
Ascaii wrote:All three unknowns are most likely worthless to this community. 1 and three are keytronic foam n foil switches that degrade horribly over time, number 2 is a RD boad.

They are lemon/orange as far as I can tell. Non tactile, non clicky. Is this a good thing for value?
Lemon? Looks like the wiki calls them cream here, sorry no pics so...
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?1299 ... ampened%29

THIS is Orange. No rubber baby bumpers.
http://deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/pin ... tml#p21803

tinnie

17 Jun 2012, 18:36

ripster wrote:No, you don't want to do that.

You want to sell it to me. After you flip the Windows key to check.
Sorry, it is not a double shot keycap...

ripster

17 Jun 2012, 19:06

Bummer. Have to wait for that never ending GH "adopt a legend" program...

The adoption of cloud computing is going faster than that GH project.

tinnie

17 Jun 2012, 20:09

ripster wrote:Bummer. Have to wait for that never ending GH "adopt a legend" program...

The adoption of cloud computing is going faster than that GH project.
I just have a mistake :oops:

7bit

17 Jun 2012, 20:22

In the 1960 we called it time sharing. :o
That was way before the Cherry legends even existed! :shock:

Return to “Marketplace Help”