Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

Muirium
µ

09 Feb 2015, 23:51

facetsesame wrote: I understand the Legend is plate mounted, though there aren't many pics about.

The easiest thing to do would be to buy two (!) and simply swap the internals around. I told you it was folly!

I wonder if a Shine or Zero's internals would fit.
Ah, yes, that's smarter! I hate desoldering and switch harvesting so much it blinds me to the obvious.

imbattable

10 Feb 2015, 14:29

How much would a G80-1000 HAD with the miracled "vintage" blacks be worth? I have one with an A datecode (A21), meaning 1988 production according to the wiki. Case is yellowed, the caps are shiny (and yellowed, being ABS doubleshots).

Here are some crappy photos: http://imgur.com/a/wIFzd#0

Imgur apparently randomly rotates images (seems they ignore the rotational sensor meta data or something along those lines)...

Muirium
µ

10 Feb 2015, 14:36

Clear topped Nixdorf blacks are "miraculous". Vintage blacks are nice, but I don't know how much people would pay for them. I've picked them up quite cheaply.

photekq
Cherry Picker

10 Feb 2015, 14:42

Yeah. Imbattable, I don't usually price check things that I'm interested in buying because I don't want to be biased in any way. But I'll make an exception on this one.

Vintage blacks are really common, even ones from 1988. While they're lovely, they aren't worth lots. In the US they sell around 0.30$/switch.

imbattable

10 Feb 2015, 14:47

I didn't want to screw you over that is why I wanted the price check photekq :)

photekq
Cherry Picker

10 Feb 2015, 14:51

imbattable wrote: I didn't want to screw you over that is why I wanted the price check photekq :)
:D

Ignore my comment. Anyone who's interested in buying your goods should not be trusted to price check them :evilgeek:

Best wait for someone else to price check it.

Prelim

10 Feb 2015, 15:13

How much for a NIB Monterey Mtek K104?

photekq
Cherry Picker

10 Feb 2015, 15:13

Prelim wrote: How much for a NIB Monterey Mtek K104?
Which switches?

Prelim

10 Feb 2015, 15:18

photekq wrote:
Prelim wrote: How much for a NIB Monterey Mtek K104?
Which switches?
clicky variant with the blue slider, I think
http://deskthority.net/wiki/SMK_Alps_mount

slackface

10 Feb 2015, 17:46

Looking to sell some stuff. As new QFR (ISO, red switches) with a Frosty Snowflake custom controller, a set of as new Ducky thick PBT blank white ISO keycaps, and a Ducky Mini (v1) ISO, with a crude jailhouse blues job.

As for the jailhouse blues, a few switches are not very "solid", and produce somewhat of a click when pressed the wrong way, and some feel a bit scratchy or slow.

Looking to try out a topre board, student life requires me to sell.
Last edited by slackface on 10 Feb 2015, 18:28, edited 1 time in total.

davkol

10 Feb 2015, 18:15

imbattable wrote: How much would a G80-1000 HAD with the miracled "vintage" blacks be worth? I have one with an A datecode (A21), meaning 1988 production according to the wiki. Case is yellowed, the caps are shiny (and yellowed, being ABS doubleshots).
A bit less than €40, given the condition.

shreebles
Finally 60%

15 Feb 2015, 15:04

Does anyone think there's a value in modding a G80 3000 to browns? I really dislike the browns and wonder if it would increase the resale value if I added them to the G80, as that board isn't sold with browns.
The other option would be to fit it with black stems and springs, as I have a ton of those around. Then I could sell it as an LPMDE.

davkol

15 Feb 2015, 15:34

Isn't yours already modded to ergo clears?

shreebles
Finally 60%

15 Feb 2015, 18:29

davkol wrote: Isn't yours already modded to ergo clears?
It is, and I'm trying them out for a while longer. I have another G80 3000, though, that is currently empty without springs or stems.

Mal-2

15 Feb 2015, 19:22

imbattable wrote: How much would a G80-1000 HAD with the miracled "vintage" blacks be worth? I have one with an A datecode (A21), meaning 1988 production according to the wiki. Case is yellowed, the caps are shiny (and yellowed, being ABS doubleshots).

Here are some crappy photos: http://imgur.com/a/wIFzd#0

Imgur apparently randomly rotates images (seems they ignore the rotational sensor meta data or something along those lines)...
My experience is that cameras often get the rotation data wrong when pointed nearly straight down or nearly straight up. Imgur does honor this data, whereas the software you used to quickly check them before uploading might not have.

I photographed an utterly ridiculous religious pamphlet by placing it on the ground in sunlight, and the rotation data seems rather random when they should have been entirely landscape. Using a viewer (IrfanView) that honors this data shows that this is how they came off the camera.

scottc

18 Feb 2015, 19:55

Okay, looks like I've scored a beautiful NIB G81-3000SAT with "Universal" Czech ISO keycaps, with black secondary legends and blue side-printed legends. I'm not sure if I'll sell it, use the keycaps, or hide it away yet. Since it has dyesubs in a pretty unusual layout, I'd like to get an estimate of what it's worth. I don't have pictures of my own, but here are some from the original auction:

Can any Cherry experts give me an indication?

HzFaq

18 Feb 2015, 19:59

I'd guess that Photekq would trade you at least one of his nuts for it.

Couple of hundred at a guess? It's one of those strange layouts that verge on unique so I think you could almost name your price.

scottc

18 Feb 2015, 20:03

Great! :mrgreen: I expected about one liver, but a nut is a nice upgrade. Thanks!

photekq
Cherry Picker

18 Feb 2015, 20:06

PMed. Seriously, I will trade you both nuts if necessary.

scottc

18 Feb 2015, 20:18

I accept payment in both nuts and internal organs...

jabbon

19 Feb 2015, 13:28

scottc wrote: Okay, looks like I've scored a beautiful NIB G81-3000SAT with "Universal" Czech ISO keycaps, with black secondary legends and blue side-printed legends. I'm not sure if I'll sell it, use the keycaps, or hide it away yet. Since it has dyesubs in a pretty unusual layout, I'd like to get an estimate of what it's worth. I don't have pictures of my own, but here are some from the original auction:

Can any Cherry experts give me an indication?

That was a good find indeed!

davkol

19 Feb 2015, 22:53

snip (got no reply)
Last edited by davkol on 19 Mar 2015, 22:42, edited 1 time in total.

vsev

20 Feb 2015, 00:42

Like you so much guys, keep goin' !

scottc

20 Feb 2015, 00:49

jabbon wrote: That was a good find indeed!
Thanks! I nearly wet myself when I read the "SAT"! :lol: Still, it hasn't arrived yet and for all I know it's just a box of bricks. :mrgreen:

beltet

21 Feb 2015, 00:19

Hi.
What would you value these for:
1. Fully working Model M with swedish caps in great condition.
2. Fully working Model M with swedish caps in good condition, missing some rivets, one plastic holder for the plate(replaced with screw through case) and left and right cap tops.
3. Fully working Model M2 with swedish legends. Will be cleaned. Great condition
4. Fully working Model M2 with swedish legends. Will be cleaned. Great condition
5. Partial working Model M2 with swedish legends, seems like membrane problem. Broken stab on right shift. cleaned.

Sincerely

davkol

21 Feb 2015, 23:16

snip (got no reply)
Last edited by davkol on 19 Mar 2015, 22:42, edited 1 time in total.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

22 Feb 2015, 17:39

Obviously a G80-2100 HCD, dirty but in apparently quite good condition, is worth 89€ (+ shipping):
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Cherry-PC-Tastat ... 1530800205

IvanIvanovich

22 Feb 2015, 18:45

Someone got a good deal. I bet it would have gone higher if that Cherry logo pad print key wasn't so worn :lol:

scottc

22 Feb 2015, 18:53

Ah, very nice find.

shreebles
Finally 60%

23 Feb 2015, 10:20

Price Check:

ISO-DE CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid, MX red
Nordic CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid, MX red
(half a year old, caps cleaned although barely used)

ISO-DE G80 3000 with Browns, anyone?

Return to “Marketplace Help”