[Interest Check] Silencing Rings for Topre RF or HHKB

nipe

27 Aug 2015, 13:50

@Hypersphere: Thanks for the effort you have put into this.

@Muirium: Thanks for the comparison video and info.

@wlhlm: or anyone organizing a EU group buy please let me know.

I'm interested in a set for my Novatouch, 88 key nordic layout.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

27 Aug 2015, 15:23

i would love to get a set of these depending on the final price. im a bit interested to compare the difference in sound/feeling vs my dental-banded HHKB and youtube videos just don't cut it (sorry Mu!)

Muirium
µ

27 Aug 2015, 17:05

Natch. Videos are fine for a peek, but in the end that's all they are. Gotta get your hands on it to really know.

Shinryuu

27 Aug 2015, 20:10

I'm really interested in these :)

EDIT1. HHKB user here.

scottc

27 Aug 2015, 20:58

I may be interested in getting a HHKB-sized set also.

Hypersphere

27 Aug 2015, 21:30

My goal is to have "Round 2" of the Silencing Rings ready by mid-September. I will post here when they are available.

Muirium
µ

27 Aug 2015, 21:44

And this time, there will be a European proxy! Wilhelm's up for it, in Germany. We've discussed it with Hyper and should be able to run a GB to save everyone over here on shipping costs.

rsr

27 Aug 2015, 23:02

Great! I'm in for the euro GB.

koalapear

28 Aug 2015, 23:48

Definitely want a set for my HHKB!

Nullwert

29 Aug 2015, 18:27

Just got my NovaTouch and definitely want it a little quieter so I can take it to work. Great that there is a Proxy in Germany, i'm there, too.

Hypersphere

29 Aug 2015, 18:35

I've just now sent a message to wlhlm to ask if he is still willing to serve as the European proxy.

Shinryuu

30 Aug 2015, 21:57

thumbs up ;)

Muirium
µ

30 Aug 2015, 22:10

This is going to be a busy GB! What sort of price are we talking about, Hyper? Same as last time (besides the shipping)?

Hypersphere

30 Aug 2015, 22:18

Still haven't received a confirmation from wlhlm, but my message was sent during the weekend, and it is still August, when many Europeans disappear for the entire month.

The price will have to be the same as last time, or very close. Provided we have a European proxy, the savings that Europeans could see will come from reduced amounts for shipping and import taxes.

Muirium
µ

30 Aug 2015, 22:35

Are you manufacturing much more of them this time? There could be some sort of volume discount to play with. Collecting orders and getting payments from us up front could be the right idea to make this quite big. Like 7bit, only without all the nonsense about PayPal collectors, multi-year waits or a damned bot!

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

31 Aug 2015, 17:04

Muirium wrote: I just installed a set of these in my NovaTouch, and I must report they are magnificent!
How was the travel distance affected? How long did you take to install these? Seems like a painful task :(

pyrelink

31 Aug 2015, 17:22

I only put them on a HHKB, but it did not take that long at all and was very easy to do. Open up the board, pop out all the sliders, put the orings on, and put the sliders back into the keyboard. The hardest part was putting the board back together withOut losing a spring or a dome moving around.

These rings are thin enough that I don't notice any real difference in key travel.

birdsigh

02 Sep 2015, 13:54

I'd also be interested in getting in on a GB. Also, hello! Friendly place you have here.

Hypersphere

02 Sep 2015, 17:37

UPDATE:

I am pleased to report that I was able to complete "Round 2" of the Silencing Rings ahead of schedule.

Moreover, due to increased production efficiency and economies of scale, I am able to reduce prices by 20%.

The new listings have been posted on eBay.

For those in Europe who might still be interested in the possibility of going through a proxy, I have not yet received a confirmation from wlhlm. I would like to give him some additional time to respond, but if there is anyone else in Europe who would be interested in serving as a proxy, please let me know via PM or email.

koalapear

02 Sep 2015, 17:46

Hypersphere wrote:UPDATE:

I am pleased to report that I was able to complete "Round 2" of the Silencing Rings ahead of schedule.

Moreover, due to increased production efficiency and economies of scale, I am able to reduce prices by 20%.

The new listings have been posted on eBay.

For those in Europe who might still be interested in the possibility of going through a proxy, I have not yet received a confirmation from wlhlm. I would like to give him some additional time to respond, but if there is anyone else in Europe who would be interested in serving as a proxy, please let me know via PM or email.
Bought an HHKB set! :)

scottc

02 Sep 2015, 17:50

I'd be interested in a HHKB set, but the shipping unfortunately pushes it too far for me. I'd be up for a set if wlhlm proxies them.

flabbergast

02 Sep 2015, 18:49

I'd also be in for a HHKB set via wlhlm.

Muirium
µ

02 Sep 2015, 19:36

There's definitely BIG interest in a European proxy for these. We'll figure something out.

TheNacho
delicious.

02 Sep 2015, 19:46

I PM'd Hypersphere a few minutes ago. I dont know anything about being a proxy besides taking something and shipping it somewhere else, but I could help out if neccessary.

Import taxes are the only problem that I see, since I am lacking that sort of disposable income as a poor student.

Muirium
µ

02 Sep 2015, 19:52

Cool, thanks for stepping up to be our backup!

Proxying is pretty simple, but you're right about needing money to cover Der Zoll. You'd need to pay them 20% of the whole shipment's value before you could ship our stuff out to us. We can figure something out if we need to.

TheNacho
delicious.

02 Sep 2015, 20:00

Obviously, declaring a different value of the package would be an option, since no regular Zoll employee would guess that a few rubber rings are this expensive, but obviously, thats some grey territory :D

Muirium
µ

02 Sep 2015, 20:01

Hyper's determined to do it by the book, so it'll be a tidy sum for our friends in the Zoll!

fully

02 Sep 2015, 20:51

I would absolutely be interested in a HHKB set, if proxied to Europe!

rsr

02 Sep 2015, 23:22

I'm interested in buying a TKL and HHKB set if proxied.

barkweed

03 Sep 2015, 00:13

So, this is what I should get for my Novatouch?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/90-Silencing-Ri ... 2077993908

Return to “Marketplace Help”